• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discover Islam ...

Cordoba

The Journey of the Heart:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Avoiding the Distractions of Dunya (This worldly life)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We may not realize it, but all of us are on a journey to meet the One who loves us and is more merciful to us than even our own mothers—Allah.

We are all on a journey to meet our Lord and Creator.

This journey takes place physically both in time and space, but also at the level of our hearts—hearts created for the very purpose of knowing and loving Allah...
[/FONT]
Avoiding the Distractions of Dunya - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prophetic Respect for Christians and Jews [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
One incident illustrates the respect and honor that Prophet Muhammad had for Moses.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is related that a Muslim and a Jew quarreled. When the Jew praised Moses over Muhammad (peace be upon them both), the Muslim insulted the Jew. The Jew complained to the Prophet (peace be upon him) who replied:[/FONT]
"Do not confer on me superiority over Moses, for people will be struck unconscious of the day Resurrection and I will be the first to regain consciousness. And behold! There I will see Moses holding one of the pillars of Allah’s Throne.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will wonder whether he has become conscious before me or he has been exempted because of the unconsciousness he experienced on Mount Sinai." (Al-Bukhari, 2411)[/FONT]
The followers of Prophet Muhammad learned an important lesson from the above hadith i.e. to respect the religious figures and leaders of other communities. They strictly followed this lesson throughout the ages...
[/FONT]

Prophetic Respect for Christians and Jews - About Muhammad - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Story of the Qur'an[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
During the 23 years from the revelation of these first verses, the Quran was revealed to the Prophet in stages.

It was not revealed at one time for a number of reasons: to enable the natural and steady development of the community of believers by gradually implementing the laws of God; to meet the requirements of the changing conditions and needs of that community; and to facilitate easy absorption and memorization of the Quran.

When the revelation progressed, the Prophet encouraged his companions to learn as many verses as possible. Whenever a revelation came, he called for a scribe and dictated it to him. He was careful to keep the revealed verses safely recorded. Consequently, the Quran was available in written form during the Prophet’s own time...
[/FONT]

The Story of the Quran - Revelation - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The First Steps a New Convert Should Take [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When I said the shahadah (statement of faith) it seemed like there were a million things that I needed to learn, and do, and change all at one moment. My questions seemed to number as the stars and I wanted to get started right way.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

But looking back, I realize there was only one thing I should have focused on in those first few days, weeks, and even months—the heart, the source of faith...
[/FONT]

The First Steps a New Convert Should Take - First Steps - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q&A: Why is There So Much Room for[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Interpretation in Islam?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A viewer asks why is there room for interpretation in Islam?

Is God not entirely capable of making a message that is clear?

Dr. Shabir answers in this video

[/FONT][youtube]4mZ4xEpxsJU[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mZ4xEpxsJU

(5 minutes)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam: The Religion of Complete Loving Kindness[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

It is believed by some that Islam is not a religion of love, however this is completely incorrect.

Dr. Shabir Ally gives numerous proofs from the Quran and the life of the Prophet (peace be upon him) that Islam is a religion with love at its very core.
[/FONT]

[youtube]31aKT8NK5Gw[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31aKT8NK5Gw

(11 minutes)

Cordoba

Jesus in the Qur'an

According to Islam, Jesus was a prophet of God.

He belonged to a long line of prophets, calling people throughout history to the worship of One God.

These include such names as Abraham, Moses, David, and Solomon (peace be upon them all) and, like them, he is revered and honored by all Muslims.

Whenever they mention the name of Jesus, Muslims will always say, "Peace be upon him." ...

Jesus in the Quran - Messengers - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No Place for Racism in Islam

If racial superiority is only a myth why then has race in the past played and continued to play a large part in world conflict today?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Why in some areas do people argue that others are biologically inferior to them?

Racism Defined
[/FONT]
Racism is the belief that a particular race is superior or inferior to another, that a person’s social and moral traits are predetermined by his or her inborn biological characteristics.
[/FONT]
It is the belief that different races should remain segregated and apart from one another.
[/FONT]
Such racist attitudes are abhorred and condemned in Islam...
[/FONT]

No Place for Racism in Islam - Worldview - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

Allah is Al-Baaqi: The Everlasting (He Will Always Be With You)

When Ramadan ended this year, I felt my heart break. There is always a sadness with the departure of Ramadan, but usually it is mixed with the excitement of Eid.

Not this year. This year felt different.

Perhaps it was because I didn’t accomplish what I wanted. But I also felt that Ramadan, our companion, left me. And with that came a feeling of abandonment. Walking to the mosque to pray the Eid prayer, I reflected on my melancholic state. My friend who was feeling the same way said, “I feel like Allah is leaving us.” As is human nature, we were attached to something temporary. Something that we know would come and go.

Something that is a means to Him but is not Him. So I had to remind us that Allah is al-Baaqi, and He remains after everything disappears.

Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) tells us in the Qur’an:

“And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor.” [Qur’an, 55:27]

The Name al-Baaqi and its derivatives come from the root baa-qaf-ya, which means: to remain, continue and to be permanent. Al-Ghazali tells us that “the everlasting is such that the projection of its existence into the future has no end.”

So the root of our heartbreak is attachment to that which does not last, whether it is to the spirituality of Ramadan or another human being. And this is where we can see how intimately Allah knows us. He tells us His attribute of permanence—He is al-Baaqi. When everything else leaves or dies, He is with us. There is no heartbreak if we are attached to Him—He will always remain. As He tells us Himself:

“Whatever you have will end, but what Allah has is lasting. And We will surely give those who were patient their reward according to the best of what they used to do.”
[Qur’an, 16:96]...

He will always be with you: Al-Baaqi/

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q&A:[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Undeniable Mathematical Miracles in the Qur'an[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A viewer asks t[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]he word 'Day' appears 365 days in the Qur'an.

How did scholars of Qur'an reach this number?

Are there other mathematical miracles in the Qur'an?

Dr. Shabir answers in this video
[/FONT]

[youtube]-zsleiy4Yiw[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zsleiy4Yiw

(4 minutes)

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life Before and After Accepting Islam[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I searched for 14 years, begged Allah to help me, to save me from drowning.

I started to find answers to the many questions I had. I slowly started to understand who my Creator is. I was so amazed to learn that He loves us so much, that He is the source of stability and comfort and peace...
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is a part of human nature that we need to love something, even though most of the time in this world love is destructive.

Only love for Allah is actually healthy for the soul

You might ask, why is love often destructive?
[/FONT]
Well, because a person may say they love you today and tomorrow the relationship changes and your heart is broken. Also, people do many strange things in the name of love, even domestic violence.

Love for people controls the heart, but love for Allah frees the heart
[/FONT]

Life Before and After Accepting Islam - In Their Own Words - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He Begets Not, Nor Is He Begotten

One of the main differences between Islam and Christianity is the role of Jesus in the grand scheme of the Revelations from God Almighty.

I have to admit that this is the main point I struggled with before I converted to Islam.

It simply did not make sense to me that God would need a son. Further, I could not understand that if God did have a son, why in the world would He allow him to be strung up on a cross and killed in humiliation by the Jews?

And I certainly never bought into Jesus dying for the sins of mankind. Again, this to me did not make sense. Why would Jesus have to die for the sins of man when his supposed-Father is the Creator of man who can simply say the word 'Be' to any matter and it 'Is'?

These questions kept me up many nights during my years in college. It sent me on an exploration through all the denominations, or sects, Christianity had to offer...
[/FONT]

He Begets Not, Nor Is He Begotten - In Their Own Words - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Path to Paradise (Part 1)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Success and happiness in this world and the Hereafter depend on tazkiyah, the purification and nurturing of our personality.

The Quran states that true success is only reserved for those who seek to purify themselves:

{Successful indeed is the one who purifies his whole self.} (91:9)

Our personality comprises not only the physical body but also the mind and the heart, feelings and attitudes, character and behavior. Proper nurturing and development of these elements of the personality will achieve desirable goals.

When goals are desirable, the process of aspiring to, working towards and achieving them also becomes desirable. This is part of human nature. It is critical, therefore, that we recognize and understand the true nature of our ultimate goal in life.

For the believer, the most coveted goal in life is to seek the good pleasure of Allah Paradise...

The Path to Paradise (Part 1) - Growing in Faith - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

[/FONT]

Cordoba

The Wise Leader (Peace be upon him)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leading with Love – Prophet Muhammad’s Example [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The secret behind the Prophet’s success as a leader, apart from the revelation he received from Allah, was that he led through love. It was a love that overflowed his being and spread to the people around him.[/FONT]
The message he conveyed was one of compassion and leniency. Every reasonable person who heard it embraced it with full devotion.

The Prophet’s message was one of mercy and guidance for everyone.
[/FONT]
It is true that the Prophet possessed the full range of leadership qualities, including courage, wisdom, patience, fortitude, and industry. He was an example to follow in every aspect of life...
[/FONT]

Leading with Love

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Path to Paradise (Part 2): Creating the Balance
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Islam does not subscribe to the type of asceticism where we purify our hearts and yet remain immersed in political, economic or social corruption.

Purification must encompass our entire life, the privacy of our thoughts as well as their social manifestations in our daily life.

Everything must be in conformity with Allah's will.

This will of God also requires you to seek and maintain a delicate balance between the various obligations that demand your attention; between your obligations to Allah, your obligations towards others and your obligations towards yourself.

The Prophet advised us against extremism of any kind...
[/FONT]
The Path to Paradise

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hold Your Head Up High
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Self-confidence is borne from the believer's intimate knowledge and understanding that Allah is ever ready to assist those who strive and struggle in His way.

Self-confidence comes from depending upon Allah and knowing that He is there to help you, protect you and shower His mercies upon you..
[/FONT]
Hold Your Head Up High - Growing in Faith - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Believing in the Unseen & Its Impact on Believers[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As Muslims, the basic foundation of our faith lies upon our belief in a deity that we cannot see, hear, or feel - Allah, the one and only God, - and the other beings or entities created by Him that we can also not see, hear, or feel, such as His angels, Divine revelation, Paradise and Hell Fire, the Hereafter of which the life in the grave or “barzakh” is also a part, and the Preserved Tablet, to name a few.[/FONT]..

Believing in the Unseen & Its Impact on Believers - Fate & Destiny - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

Tips for a Happy Married Life

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spouses: Actualizing Tranquility, Love, and Mercy[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When one finds a caring mate through marriage, one enters a realm of calm, soothing companionship that becomes a source of peace for their soul.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The restlessness, loneliness, irritability, desperation and agitation associated with being a virile but unsatisfied young singleton is gone.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Consequently, the spouses consummately lie together in pleasurable tranquility every night, no longer desiring the company of single friends to eliminate solitude...[/FONT]

Spouses: Actualizing Tranquility, Love, and Mercy - Family - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

Cordoba

Understanding Islamic Ethics:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Treating Guests the Islamic Way [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Honoring, or treating a guest well is coupled with two of the most important beliefs in Islam, belief in God and belief in the Day of Judgment.

In Islam, the hospitality relationship is triangular; it consists of host, guest, and God. Hospitality is a right rather than a gift, and the duty to supply it is a duty to God.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When a guest arrives at your home, whether he or she is expected or not, if you remember a few simple things it is easy to provide your guest with a pleasurable experience and to reap the rewards attained by pleasing God.[/FONT]
Greet the guests warmly, welcome them to your home
and show them into a comfortable and appropriate room. Hasten to provide them with food and drink in order that they do not have to ask for these things.
[/FONT]
Prophet Muhammad showed respect to his guests by offering them the choicest food and delivering it in a timely manner...
[/FONT]

Treating Guests the Islamic Way - Ethics & Values - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net