• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disbelievers in Christianity Answer Please!

If you are faced with the miracle described below

• I will certainly believe without any condition

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I will believe only if, He says Muhammad was a false Prophet, otherwise No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will believe, if He says, Muhammad is a true prophet, otherwise No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, i will not believe, because.......(please explain)

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I think there is more evidence for ghosts than for Satan.
There s NO evidence for an entity called Satan, but there is evidence for ghosts.
Nobody has ever seen Satan, but people have seen ghosts.

Well said, and you are correct. I recall showing you some of my evidence in private messages a while back. Anyway, the skepticism doesn't bother me because I have forty-four years of personal experience with ghosts, as well as the past sixteen years of documenting some of my experiences with them.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I have just hearsay evidence for Satan, nothing that you might call substantial.

Fair enough. Thank you for your honesty. I appreciate it.

I used to believe that Satan and demons existed, and this was the final vestige of my Christian indoctrination that I discarded a while back. I still think it's ironic that my realization of it and my decision to finally let go of this belief occurred while participating in a thread where the OP insisted that demons exist and claimed their existence could be proven. It was in this thread that I finally saw the light, so to speak, and I owe it to my friend @Trailblazer, who inspired me with her detailed posts about her religious beliefs regarding Satan. If you're interested, I further explained in my previous posts (linked below) why I no longer believe in Satan, demons, the biblical God, Jesus, or the Bible as I once did. I understand you believe differently, and that's fine with me.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Fair enough. Thank you for your honesty. I appreciate it.

I used to believe that Satan and demons existed, and this was the final vestige of my Christian indoctrination that I discarded a while back. I still think it's ironic that my realization of it and my decision to finally let go of this belief occurred while participating in a thread where the OP insisted that demons exist and claimed their existence could be proven. It was in this thread that I finally saw the light, so to speak, and I owe it to my friend @Trailblazer, who inspired me with her detailed posts about her religious beliefs regarding Satan. If you're interested, I further explained in my previous posts (linked below) why I no longer believe in Satan, demons, the biblical God, Jesus, or the Bible as I once did. I understand you believe differently, and that's fine with me.

Yes I guess it can be peripheral things like the existence of Satan that can be the straw that breaks the camels back in terms of belief in a religion.
I have spoken to Trailblazer on a number of topics and we don't seem to agree on much about the meanings in the Bible. The existence of Satan is one of those things.
Sometimes it is speaking to people like @Trailblazer and Baha'is in general and of course others also which helps me see that Satan is real and does blind people to what the Bible is saying.
That isn't fantastic evidene of course, but is confirmation for someone who already believes, just as I suppose if you are leaning that way anyway, a nudge from someone with other beliefs can send you over the edge.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That isn't fantastic evidene of course, but is confirmation for someone who already believes, just as I suppose if you are leaning that way anyway, a nudge from someone with other beliefs can send you over the edge.

Actually, I had never given much thought to my beliefs about Satan or demons prior to reading her posts and participating in the other thread.

Ebionite

It seems to me that the Comforter would not only testify of Jesus but also explain why there is no cause to hate Jesus, quite the contrary.
The explanations come from the context of the verses that describe the unjustified hatred.

Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: [neither] let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.
For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against [them that are] quiet in the land.
Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me, [and] said, Aha, aha, our eye hath seen [it].
Psalms 35:19-21
Psalm 35:27 is about the righteous servant, who is the same as the righteous servant of Isaiah 53.

They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, [being] mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored [that] which I took not away.
Psalms 69:4
Psalm 69:21 is about the crucified man who drank the gall and vinegar. The thirty pieces of silver were returned.

For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
Psalms 109:2-3
In Psalm 109 the description of the wicked and deceitful man matches that of Paul because of persecution and cursing.

Last edited:

Ebionite

That tells me that the person was likely an imposter. It’s not like they compared fingerprints or anything. Precrucified Jesus would have looked like ground meat before getting on the cross. Postcrucifixion Jesus has just a few easily created wounds. I’m too much of a former nurse to let that go.
There's even a verse that describes these wounds:

And [one] shall say unto him, What [are] these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, [Those] with which I was wounded [in] the house of my friends.
Zechariah 13:6

The next verse is referred to from the gospels, but with some text left out:

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man [that is] my fellow, saith YHWH of armies: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
Zechariah 13:7

Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
Matthew 26:31

Brian2

Veteran Member
Actually, I had never given much thought to my beliefs about Satan or demons prior to reading her posts and participating in the other thread.

Usually Christians see demons as real and deceivers and that they have involvement in ghost appearances and mediumship.

Snowman

I would not believe as it might not be God. It could be another being or alien. I would remain skeptical unless they stuck around longer and gave me more evidence to consider.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Well said, and you are correct. I recall showing you some of my evidence in private messages a while back. Anyway, the skepticism doesn't bother me because I have forty-four years of personal experience with ghosts, as well as the past sixteen years of documenting some of my experiences with them.
But is there evidence for the Abrahamic God, either the trinitarian version or the Baha'i version? And is there evidence of the various people that the Baha'is believe were manifestations of that God? Especially their manifestations, the Bab and Baha'u'llah?

And if there's evidence for this God, is it true and is there evidence that this God only communicates to those special creations, the manifestations, and tells them a message that they then pass on to ordinary humans?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Suppose, He comes down from Sky, and declairs He is Christ!

To prove it, He will take you, to some of your loved ones grave, and resurrects them. Those are grandparents or some close relatives and friends, and you know they had passed away and were in that graves.

Now, please answer the Poll, based on this event. Assume it happend
It could be an Alien.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Oh and I am sorry I am a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so I believe in Christianity. I didn't notice the thread title.

So I will withdraw from the poll.