• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dinosaurs and man.

I know some people believe we co-existed. Still yet others believe that the earth is only about 5000 years old.

PLEASE let there be someone here who believes this!

I don't, but I seriously have yet to discuss this with anyone who believes it: I have only discussed it with people who think it's silly.

Please and thank you.

~Bill

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
All radiometric dating methods independently agree with each other. This basically kills the argument that the assumptions are incorrect out the window. If you think the earth is only 5000 years old you might as well think its flat too.

All radiometric dating methods independently agree with each other. This basically kills the argument that the assumptions are incorrect out the window. If you think the earth is only 5000 years old you might as well think its flat too.

Well I hope you know I don't believe it.

The only dinosaur fossils found in Jesus' neighborhood were plesiosaurs, if I remember correctly.

xkatz

etsy-marketing-riding-dinos3.jpg

The Anti-Christ doesn't stand a chance against Jesus riding a sauropod!

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
It seems that those who use a very literal reading of the Bible are hard to come by.

However.... I do work with a guy who is a strict adherent of creationism. But he's no fun. Everytime I try to get him to discuss anything (religion, politics, ect.), he just gets mad and leaves.

So have patience, you might eventually get your chance.

Tristesse

I think ManofFaith and a couple other people on this forum believe in young earth creationism. But I don't want to speak for them.

Man of Faith

Let me start by saying that I believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallable word of God. I know, you are getting tired of hearing that but it is important to why I believe what I believe about this subject. The Bible says that all original life forms were created in one week and that includes mankind and the dinosaurs. Which means man and dinosaurs lived at the same time. Any questions?

Misty

Let me start by saying that I believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallable word of God. I know, you are getting tired of hearing that but it is important to why I believe what I believe about this subject. The Bible says that all original life forms were created in one week and that includes mankind and the dinosaurs. Which means man and dinosaurs lived at the same time. Any questions?

Oh dear!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yes. You DO understand what figurative means, right? Not everything was created in a week.

Ask any woman who has carried to term.

Misty

The YECs are totally away with the fairies, and then some. How can anyone really believe the world is only a few thousand years old, when there is so much evidence to the contrary?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Like all good comedians the YEC's believe their roles.
It amuses the rest of us
And we thank them for that.
But it must hurt them to their souls.

The capacity to believe total nonsense, demonstrates the power of Faith, misplaced or not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let me start by saying that I believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallable word of God. I know, you are getting tired of hearing that but it is important to why I believe what I believe about this subject.

I never get tired of hearing it. It's good to makes one's premises clear.
It makes for more efficient & interesting discussion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The YECs are totally away with the fairies, and then some. How can anyone really believe the world is only a few thousand years old, when there is so much evidence to the contrary?

The best explanation I've heard was that God created the evidence to appear that way, ie, much older than it is.
Another I see is simply that evidence is always examined with an agenda, & almost anything can be rationalized.
Example: Look at all the people who see the state of our economy, & find Obama's performance dismal. Yet
others say Obama is doing a stellar job. Whatever one wants to believe, the evidence is there if one looks at
the right things in the right way.