• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did You Choose Your Truth?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Each must decide these things for themselves. It is part of the Wisdom experience. People can tell you what is good and what is evil, however each must Discover these and all things for themselves. No one can do it for you. Learning isn't about believing or accepting. It is about Knowing!! Yes, how can you tell what is? This is something you must Discover for yourself.
So how do you know if what you have Discovered is good or evil?
You don't know. You can only accept and believe.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are no swords. Making choices can be hard especially when intimidated by others. It's better to go ahead and choose what one really wants to learn than allowing others to intimidate your choices. Why? One will make that choice in time regardless of others just to Learn what that choice really means. Where God comes in is that God will teach you all sides so that there will no long be question of what the best choice really is.

It has never been about fighting, swords, or even God. It is about us. Life is the education of God's children. Choose freely. That is part of God's system. God will never hate anyone for any choices. God Loves Unconditionally!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!
I think only hard evil hearts who are not with the oppressed, could want evil people to get away with their crimes.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think only hard evil hearts who are not with the oppressed, could want evil people to get away with their crimes.
Choosing freely is part of God's System, but going unpunished for crimes is not part of God's System, nor is it part of any justice system in the world.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Choose freely. That is part of God's system. God will never hate anyone for any choices. God Loves Unconditionally!!
God will never hate anyone for their choices because God does not hate. However, God will hate the choices that some people make and God will punish them for those choices because they deserve to be punished. This is called justice. Ever heard of it?

Bird123

So how do you know if what you have Discovered is good or evil?
You don't know. You can only accept and believe.
Make your best educated guess and compare the results. Intelligence will go for the options that bring the best choices.

Intelligence and Math, in time, will lead one to the best answers.

Bird123

Get Away with?? Why do you value revenge and pay back so much? Must you Hate?

Let's look at what God does. Regardless of anything man does, God will return one's actions in order to teach one what one's actions really mean. In time, those who commit crimes will Live the lessons of their Choices. If they create victims, they will live not only the victim's life, they will experience the hurt neighbors, friends, and families experiences. When one understands all sides, intelligence will make the Best choices. Getting away with something?? Where??

If one seeks revenge or attempts to use hurt or punishment in an attempt to alter the actions of another, what is one teaching, goodness? Hardly. How many are taught through example to control others and their actions by the use hurt, pain, intimidation, anger, wrath, and hate? Isn't this what you have been taught?? Is this how you want to define yourself? Is this what you really want to do?

How miserable is the life you create for yourself valuing these petty things. Is revenge and payback really more important than Fixing the problem? Having the petty problem of control, you will never be happy since you will never be able to control all those things you want to control. Don't value control. Teach, Guide, and Lead others to the Real Solution of a Higher Level and actually Fix the problems.

You are being tested too. In a multilevel classroom, one sees others learning lessons one has already learned. Is this the time for anger, hate, wrath, revenge, and payback??? No!! It's the time to teach what you have already learned. It's the time to teach which choices are better. It's the time to point others in the right direction. It's time to start working at Solving the problems instead of choosing to be an angry, hate, animal that so many believe is the right choice. Might does not make right. Brains are what will win in the end. When you value so many of the petty things mankind holds so dear, is it Brains you are using or feelings?

One can point, however each must learn and live their own lessons. It is no crime to protect oneself, however one will Discover, in time, that revenge, payback, anger, wrath and hate will return many many unwanted lessons until one Discovers for oneself those petty things mankind holds so dear will never return the best results. Feel free to choose and Discover for yourself. I will point you to a Higher Level and the Best results. Your experiences, in time, will as well. Which road do you choose?

God is High Intelligence. I copy God every chance I get.

Bird123

God will never hate anyone for their choices because God does not hate. However, God will hate the choices that some people make and God will punish them for those choices because they deserve to be punished. This is called justice. Ever heard of it?
God is very very Smart!! How about you? What is more important punishment, revenge and payback all in the name of justice or FIXING THE PROBLEM???????

With Fixing the problem, Hate does not exist. It's only Unconditional Love!!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God is very very Smart!! How about you? What is more important punishment, revenge and payback all in the name of justice or FIXING THE PROBLEM???????
It is not a matter of comparing the two. Punishment is necessary when a person commits a crime against another person. Punishment is not for revenge, it to achieve justice. We have been over this before.
God does not fix the problems people have. God gave humans a brain and free will so we would be able to fix our own problems. If they don't get fixed then that is because that person did not fix them, and if the commit crimes they have to be locked up so they cannot hurt any more people.
They also need to be locked up to pay for the crime that they committed. Paying for their crime is not revenge, it is justice.

Everyone knows these things except you. You have a belief system of your own where nobody is ever punished for any wrongdoing.
That is not only child-like, it is wholly unjust. You live in a fairy tale world, not in reality.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You are not copying God, because God's System is based upon the twin pillars of reward and punishment.

"We cherish the hope that the light of justice may shine upon the world and sanctify it from tyranny. If the rulers and kings of the earth, the symbols of the power of God, exalted be His glory, arise and resolve to dedicate themselves to whatever will promote the highest interests of the whole of humanity, the reign of justice will assuredly be established amongst the children of men, and the effulgence of its light will envelop the whole earth. The Great Being saith: The structure of world stability and order hath been reared upon, and will continue to be sustained by, the twin pillars of reward and punishment…."
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 218-219

SalixIncendium

Qur'an Reciting Transtheistic Mahdi Claimant
Staff member
Premium Member

Let's look at what God does. Regardless of anything man does, God will return one's actions in order to teach one what one's actions really mean. In time, those who commit crimes will Live the lessons of their Choices. If they create victims, they will live not only the victim's life, they will experience the hurt neighbors, friends, and families experiences. When one understands all sides, intelligence will make the Best choices. Getting away with something?? Where??

If one seeks revenge or attempts to use hurt or punishment in an attempt to alter the actions of another, what is one teaching, goodness? Hardly. How many are taught through example to control others and their actions by the use hurt, pain, intimidation, anger, wrath, and hate? Isn't this what you have been taught?? Is this how you want to define yourself? Is this what you really want to do?

How miserable is the life you create for yourself valuing these petty things. Is revenge and payback really more important than Fixing the problem? Having the petty problem of control, you will never be happy since you will never be able to control all those things you want to control. Don't value control. Teach, Guide, and Lead others to the Real Solution of a Higher Level and actually Fix the problems.

You are being tested too. In a multilevel classroom, one sees others learning lessons one has already learned. Is this the time for anger, hate, wrath, revenge, and payback??? No!! It's the time to teach what you have already learned. It's the time to teach which choices are better. It's the time to point others in the right direction. It's time to start working at Solving the problems instead of choosing to be an angry, hate, animal that so many believe is the right choice. Might does not make right. Brains are what will win in the end. When you value so many of the petty things mankind holds so dear, is it Brains you are using or feelings?

One can point, however each must learn and live their own lessons. It is no crime to protect oneself, however one will Discover, in time, that revenge, payback, anger, wrath and hate will return many many unwanted lessons until one Discovers for oneself those petty things mankind holds so dear will never return the best results. Feel free to choose and Discover for yourself. I will point you to a Higher Level and the Best results. Your experiences, in time, will as well. Which road do you choose?

Let's please knock it off with the preaching in this thread. You continue to move farther from the topic with each post.

Please either navigate your way back on course or take your preaching to another forum that allows it.

Thanks.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think every thing has a proper place in virtue. I think it's unbalanced to treat evil and good the same.

And you make an assumption. That the problem can be fixed. I don't think reincarnation can solve the problem and I've been through why before.

One thing to mention is belief in any virtue will have to take a properly basic form on it's foundation. That means it cannot be further reduced.

So we are at a point where it's difficult to debate.

Kfox

In another thread, it was suggested the people choose their truth. Choice implies that can select other options.

Are your truths a result of choice?

Did you choose your worldview, your core values, or what you believe? Can you just flip a switch and change your worldview, core values, or beliefs?

Discuss.
For me; belief happens after reason and logic demands it; not before. When it comes to religion, I was dragged kicking and screaming to my current views due to reason and logic, but most of my core values are a result of what make sense to me and was easy for me to accept as true

Bird123

Intelligence will go for punishing criminals as the best choice. Everyone except you knows that.
Problems never go away until they are SOLVED. Is it Intelligence not to Solve the problem?? Is it Intelligence to do the very same thing and expect different results??? Your definition of Intelligence comes up lacking. Perhaps there are other choices to explore.

Bird123

Intelligence will go for punishing criminals as the best choice. Everyone except you knows that.
Problems never go away until they are SOLVED. Is it Intelligence not to Solve the problem?? Is it Intelligence to do the very same thing and expect different results??? Your definition of Intelligence comes up lacking. Perhaps there are other choices to explore.

Bird123

It is not a matter of comparing the two. Punishment is necessary when a person commits a crime against another person. Punishment is not for revenge, it to achieve justice. We have been over this before.

God does not fix the problems people have. God gave humans a brain and free will so we would be able to fix our own problems. If they don't get fixed then that is because that person did not fix them, and if the commit crimes they have to be locked up so they cannot hurt any more people.
They also need to be locked up to pay for the crime that they committed. Paying for their crime is not revenge, it is justice.

Everyone knows these things except you. You have a belief system of your own where nobody is ever punished for any wrongdoing.
That is not only child-like, it is wholly unjust. You live in a fairy tale world, not in reality.
Is God really not fixing the problems people have? Look again!! Much more exists beyond the narrow view you choose for yourself.

Bird123

You are not copying God, because God's System is based upon the twin pillars of reward and punishment.

"We cherish the hope that the light of justice may shine upon the world and sanctify it from tyranny. If the rulers and kings of the earth, the symbols of the power of God, exalted be His glory, arise and resolve to dedicate themselves to whatever will promote the highest interests of the whole of humanity, the reign of justice will assuredly be established amongst the children of men, and the effulgence of its light will envelop the whole earth. The Great Being saith: The structure of world stability and order hath been reared upon, and will continue to be sustained by, the twin pillars of reward and punishment…."
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 218-219
Clearly, those messengers do not Understand God!!! Continue to value punishment, anger, wrath, hate, revenge, payback all in the name of justice. God is very patient. See if you ever fix the problem.

Bird123

I think every thing has a proper place in virtue. I think it's unbalanced to treat evil and good the same.

And you make an assumption. That the problem can be fixed. I don't think reincarnation can solve the problem and I've been through why before.

One thing to mention is belief in any virtue will have to take a properly basic form on it's foundation. That means it cannot be further reduced.

So we are at a point where it's difficult to debate.
It's not that evil and good are the same other than they are nothing more than choices. Should not all children be the same regardless of their choices? Should not one work toward resolution instead of focus on hurting and hating in an attempt to alter the actions of another?

Do I make the assumption the problem can be fixed? I have seen many people learn, grow and reach a Higher Level. Isn't it better than assuming things can't be fixed? If one assumes things can't be fixed, will anything really ever get fixed??

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

The solution is very simple. If everyone obeyed the secular laws the laws of God there would be no need to punish people.
Please let me know when you figure out a way to make everyone obey those laws.

God will continue to send Messengers and eventually most people will follow them and obey their laws, in which case the problem will be mostly solved, but as long as humans have free will I think there will always be some people who break the law and need to be imprisoned.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Is God really not fixing the problems people have? Look again!! Much more exists beyond the narrow view you choose for yourself.

No, God is not fixing the problems that people have because God wants people to fix their own problems.
By sending Messengers who reveal teachings and laws, God provides everything that people need to fix their own problems.