• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did the writers of Genesis have outside help?

Did the writers of Genesis have outside help?

• Total voters

james dixon

Premium Member
I correct post #76. Trump didn't teach you (Subduction Zone) how to twist words, you taught him !!

I am just guessing. If I am wrong please forgive me :)-

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, and in return I asked you to provide biblical verse evidence that states" the earth is flat"

Still waiting on that one :)-

It was discussed here. Perhaps you missed it. Isaiah 40:22 is one. If one reads the Bible literally one has to accept the Bible's claims in word and deed that the Earth is flat. That is only one of the "flat Earth verses".

james dixon

Premium Member
Why go to the Mid Atlantic Ridge? That makes a huge engineering problem. There are many places on land where one could drill down..,.,.,.,.

You are missing the point. Drilling a 12" hole down thousands of feet will capture very little heat. On the other hand the sea water along this 1,000 mile long trench is 1,300 degrees. within a distance of several inches of water that is 35 degrees.

Attachments

• mr2.png
    mr2.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mar1.png
    mar1.png
    22 KB · Views: 0

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are missing the point. Drilling a 12" hole down thousands of feet will capture very little heat. On the other hand the sea water along this 1,000 mile long trench is 1,300 degrees. within a distance of several inches of water that is 35 degrees.

Only in rather specific areas and those areas keep changing. You are aware that the plates are moving apart from each other at roughly 4 inches per year. Those heat sources are not perpetual and they will keep shifting over time.

james dixon

Premium Member
Only in rather specific areas and those areas keep changing..

Those specific areas are large areas and we could help it along by removing some crust to expose more supper hot rock to continue to heat the seawater.

You are aware that the plates are moving apart from each other at roughly 4 inches per year..

That's great news. This exposes the seawater to more supper hot rock.

:)-

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Those specific areas are large areas and we could help it along by removing some crust to expose more supper hot rock to continue to heat the seawater.

That's great news. This exposes the seawater to more supper hot rock.

And would mean that one would need to keep moving stations. The heat is not concentrated at the surface. Now you are proposing a massive mining project. There are simpler and easier ways to get energy. It might be feasible, but the big question is "Why?"

james dixon

Premium Member
I'm going to take my meds and then a short nap.

I hope to see/converse with you again.

May you and yours have a great day and beyond.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes Master, please forgive me :)-

Perhaps.

Back to the energy question. To be able to recover energy not only must it be physically possible, it must also be economically feasible. If wind and solar power are orders of magnitude cheaper that would make your idea not feasible and therefore not really possible.

james dixon

Premium Member
It was discussed here. Perhaps you missed it. Isaiah 40:22 is one. If one reads the Bible literally one has to accept the Bible's claims in word and deed that the Earth is flat. That is only one of the "flat Earth verses".

Your example that allegedly claims a verse stating the world is "flat" falls on it's flat face,

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

With no disrespect intended or implied to you and/or yours
next :)-

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your example that allegedly claims a verse stating the world is "flat" falls on it's flat face,

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

With no disrespect intended or implied to you and/or yours
next :)-
Did you fail geometry too? Circles are flat. Worse yet if you go to the original Hebrew the word used is that for an inscribed circle, as with a compass. Those are always flat.

By the way when one reads the Bible literally this is what tends to happen to that person:

60 Bible Verses Describing a Flat Earth Inside a Dome

james dixon

Premium Member
Perhaps.

Back to the energy question. To be able to recover energy not only must it be physically possible, it must also be economically feasible. If wind and solar power are orders of magnitude cheaper that would make your idea not feasible and therefore not really possible.

Subduction Zone
What I was trying to calculate is how many electric windmills we would need to replace the oil we now use. Frankly this is way over my head but I have decided to post this here because I believe your intellect is up to the task if you choose to contemplate it. ~~~ I am hoping you do ~~~~~

World energy use in one year (2005):
Wind energy 369,553 MW
Oil energy 29,305,850,000 barrels of crude
_______

1 million barrels of oil = 73 GW

Worldwide there are now over two hundred thousand wind turbines operating, with a total nameplate capacity of 432 GW as of end 2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power

1 windmill = often 34.5 kV,

200,000 windmills produce 432 GW

The gigawatt (GW) is equal to one billion (109) watts or 1 gigawatt = 1000 megawatts

1 million barrels of oil = 73 GW

What I am trying to get at is the number of windmills we would need to replace the energy we are now getting from oil.
https://www.ocean.washington.edu/courses/envir215/energynumbers.pdf
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2174rank.html \https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2174rank.html

BTW there is no order in the items above. It is just a collection of internet facts

james dixon

Premium Member
Did you fail geometry too? Circles are flat. Worse yet if you go to the original Hebrew the word used is that for an inscribed circle, as with a compass. Those are always flat.

By the way when one reads the Bible literally this is what tends to happen to that person:

60 Bible Verses Describing a Flat Earth Inside a Dome

Ok, I believe you because you said it & I do not want to upset you at this moment in time.

May you and yours live long and prosper :)-

james dixon

Premium Member
Perhaps.

For the moment I would like to set aside the $$$$ values and concentrate on the "energy" output
Ok :)-