• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did the true church ever vanish or completely fall away?

The the CHristian church ever Fall away completely

• Yes it fell away until the reformation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sincerly

Luke Chapter 21 in a spiritual nutshell:
Christ warning a return is not seen with eyes, anything outward, physical, any sign. Do not follow them that teach such a thing as a physical conquering second coming of the Lord. THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU. The coming of the Lord is His resurrection in the heart of an individual. One part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven is spiritual marriage (the husband-spirit-Lord and the wife-human body)
And as it was in the days of Noe: Noe entered the ark (the Lord's rest-the ark, tabernacle, temple, are all INSIDE a human body wherein the Lord dwells. The flood came (washing away and cleansing by the Word (Christ) and destroyed them all (sin within a man).
Lot went out of Sodom-(slavery to sin) it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all (sin within a man).
Remember Lots's wife (human body)...
Do not look back, do not go back to the same old you and sin in your house (body).
Seek to save his life shall lose it.
Shall lose his life will preserve it.
Two men in one bed, the one shall be taken and the other shall be left.
(Old man of sin left behind, new creature created-the two men in one bed refers to same individual)
Where Lord? Wheresoever the BODY is.... Thither will the Eagles be gathered together. (Father and Son making home in human body) .... The Lord (Spirit) dwelling in the temple (human body)
If I were to believe in a physical second coming of the Lord to wisk me away and destroy human beings, that would make me an anti-christ, selfish, and sick. Peace to you.

Unification, Since you say there is no physical coming, and all the parables point to the "within the physical body", then you have labeled Jesus a liar. Also, this life is all there is---there will be no new heaven and new earth.

Unification

Unification, Since you say there is no physical coming, and all the parables point to the "within the physical body", then you have labeled Jesus a liar. Also, this life is all there is---there will be no new heaven and new earth.
In Christianity, Jesus is the term coined for the literal truth and the life (spirit and blood of an individual). Not a fleshly physical individual. Jesus was never a liar, mankind has just created God in their own empire and image when all Jesus was saying the entire time inside an individual was to LOOK WITHIN. A new heaven and new earth is a new transformed spirit and body. That's the problem... People keep looking out and up for an external God they'll never know until they look within. The kingdom of God is within. Why worry and fear what's to come after this life if we can't find the truth and life in this physical life? The time is NOW. Peace to all.

Theodore A. Jones

In Christianity, Jesus is the term coined for the literal truth and the life (spirit and blood of an individual). Not a fleshly physical individual. Jesus was never a liar, mankind has just created God in their own empire and image when all Jesus was saying the entire time inside an individual was to LOOK WITHIN. A new heaven and new earth is a new transformed spirit and body. That's the problem... People keep looking out and up for an external God they'll never know until they look within. The kingdom of God is within. Why worry and fear what's to come after this life if we can't find the truth and life in this physical life? The time is NOW. Peace to all.
RU a Unitarian

sincerly

Both Greek words, synoptikos and synopsis, derive from σύνsyn (prep.), meaning "together, with", and etymologically related words pertaining to sight, vision, appearance, i.e. ὀπτικόςoptikos (adj.; cf. English optic), meaning "of or for sight", and ὄψιςopsis (n.), meaning "appearance, sight, vision, view"

The gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke are referred to as the Synoptic Gospels because they include many of the same stories, often in a similar sequence and in similar wording. They stand in contrast to John, whose content is comparatively distinct. The term synoptic(Latin: synopticus; Greek: συνοπτικός synoptikos) comes via Latin from the Greek σύνοψις synopsis, i.e. "(a) seeing all together, synopsis";[n 1] the sense of the word in English, the one specifically applied to the three aforementioned Gospels, of "giving an account of the events from the same point of view or under the same general aspect" is a modern one.[1]

This strong parallelism among the three gospels in content, arrangement, and specific language is widely attributed to literary interdependence.[2] The question of the precise nature of their literary relationship — the "synoptic problem" — has been a topic of lively debate for centuries and has been described as "the most fascinating literary enigma of all time".[3] The longstanding majority view favors Marcan priority, in which both Matthew and Luke have made direct use of the Gospel of Mark as a source, and further holds that Matthew and Luke also drew from an additional hypothetical document, called Q.

Courtesy Wikipedia.

Sojourner, even Wikipedia agrees that the "modern one" expresses the same "togetherness"= "summary".
However, because John's general stress is upon Jesus Christ' goal of why HE came to this world in the first place, rather than just the miracles and parables HE performed to show that HE IS/WAS the SON of the living GOD, does not negate that his Gospel is not concerning the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.. It is just a facet that the other Gospels didn't stress.
It is still a part of the overall life and teachings.

Speaking of "modern" verses old---the man's opinionated "Wikipedia" is "modern" and presents GOD as a myth and HIS teachings as outdated. I'll stick to the Scriptures which are time tested--and remain true.

Theodore A. Jones

Sojourner, even Wikipedia agrees that the "modern one" expresses the same "togetherness"= "summary".
However, because John's general stress is upon Jesus Christ' goal of why HE came to this world in the first place, rather than just the miracles and parables HE performed to show that HE IS/WAS the SON of the living GOD, does not negate that his Gospel is not concerning the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.. It is just a facet that the other Gospels didn't stress.

Speaking of "modern" verses old---the man's opinionated "Wikipedia" is "modern" and presents GOD as a myth and HIS teachings as outdated. I'll stick to the Scriptures which are time tested--and remain true.

Jesus Christ is not the head of any contemporary church.

Theodore A. Jones

However, probably most churches would disagree with you. ;)
I am sure that they do. However a fact is a fact. The church that Jesus Christ is head of's entry requirement is individual obedience of a single word of law by mouth in conjunction of having heard the message which explains why you must obey that law in regard to sin. No contemporary church is built upon that foundation.
"When he comes he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin" Jn. 16:8

sincerly

sincerly said:
Your answer is showing who is doing the misrepresenting. The Gospel of John starts off showing Jesus as divinity. His record shows Jesus as the SON of GOD the Father.

Luke also records a divine birth, closely paralleling the divine birth of Augustus. The four gospels simply don't break down in that simplistic way, and to assert they do is to misrepresent what's really taking place in the minds of the writers.

Luke did record the birth of Jesus Christ the SON of GOD. They (the writers of the Gospels) were not "taking in hand...to write a declaration of the things believed about"--- Augustus. Because his subjects thought/considered Augustus as a son of the gods doesn't make him a SON OF THE LIVING GOD.

Jesus Christ was the acknowledged looked for "Savior of the world". Their minds was upon that fact(What is most surely believed) and not on worldly myths.

Yes. It's my informed opinion.

Satan "informed" Eve of wrong information--as well.

Oh, you mean the ones who trust the people who are peer-reviewed biblical scholars -- the ones who provided the English translation you use? Those people?

I mean those who trust the Scriptures rather than the "peer-reviewed" Wikipedia scholars. As Peter and John said, (Acts 4:19), "But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye."

Not cogent to the topic.

When that last trumpet sounds, the only true church will be the one that will not vanish.

sincerly

Unification, enjoy your brief time upon this earth, because according to you, there is no eternity to "hope for".

Theodore A. Jones

"mankind has just created God" etc. and I suppose you are not in the group mankind?

sincerly

I am sure that they do. However a fact is a fact. The church that Jesus Christ is head of's entry requirement is individual obedience of a single word of law by mouth in conjunction of having heard the message which explains why you must obey that law in regard to sin. No contemporary church is built upon that foundation.

TAJ, John 3:16, is that requirement. and there are many churches which state/claim they believe that verse.
Jesus Christ is the foundation of the church and the cure for the Sin Problem.

sincerly

sincerly said:

Jesus Christ is not the head of any contemporary church.

TAJ, Even though Jesus is in heaven pleading the cases of persons who have repented of their past sins and are seeking that permanent relationship with the Father, HE is the head of all who have made that decision.
No! Jesus isn't physically present as any local "head" of the "church". However, HE did promise to be "in the midst" of any two or more gathered in HIS Name.(Matt.18:20)

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
sincerly said:

TAJ, Even though Jesus is in heaven pleading the cases of persons who have repented of their past sins and are seeking that permanent relationship with the Father, HE is the head of all who have made that decision.
No! Jesus isn't physically present as any local "head" of the "church". However, HE did promise to be "in the midst" of any two or more gathered in HIS Name.(Matt.18:20)
I agree. Jesus is still the head. That means that the true church cannot only be the human body.

Theodore A. Jones

TAJ, John 3:16, is that requirement. and there are many churches which state/claim they believe that verse.
Jesus Christ is the foundation of the church and the cure for the Sin Problem.

Jn.16:8 is a statement of fact by Jesus Christ and you are playing scripture against scripture.
"For God so loved the world that he gave {his only begotten son over into the hands of wicked men to be murdered} so that whosoever beliveth in him {making a change of the law} shall not perish {if he obeys that law}, but have eternal life {granted to him as a gift}.
The Way for an individual to be saved was not perfected until AFTER the Lord's ascension and the Way was not heard until the message was stated on the temple's portico on the day of Pentecost. What law did they have to hear and have the faith to obey BEFORE anyone was added to the church he is head of?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But that's your interpretation, which is all fine and dandy, but not everyone is going to agree with you. I couldn't care less since I play in a different "ballpark", but there are some who believe their church has some sort of connection to Jesus-- matter of fact, my experience is that most of them make that claim and justify it thorough their interpretation of scripture.

Theodore A. Jones

But that's your interpretation, which is all fine and dandy, but not everyone is going to agree with you. I couldn't care less since I play in a different "ballpark", but there are some who believe their church has some sort of connection to Jesus-- matter of fact, my experience is that most of them make that claim and justify it thorough their interpretation of scripture.

I am not a member of any contemporary religious organizations nor do I endorse or support any contemporary religious soteriological assumption. Jesus Christ was murdered by crucifying him and the sin of murder cannot be a direct benefit to anyone. "And now you have betrayed and murdered Him-" Acts 7:52c

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am not a member of any contemporary religious organizations nor do I endorse or support any contemporary religious soteriological assumption. Jesus Christ was murdered by crucifying him and the sin of murder cannot be a direct benefit to anyone. "And now you have betrayed and murdered Him-" Acts 7:52c
He was actually killed, not murdered as "murder" is a legal term. But I'm being terribly picky, so ya gotta pardon me for being so anal.

Unification

Unification, enjoy your brief time upon this earth, because according to you, there is no eternity to "hope for".
there very much is so eternity. I don't have to hope for that. I KNOW that. The Spirit in every human is eternal. Into the Father's hand will we all commit our Spirits.

Theodore A. Jones

He was actually killed, not murdered as "murder" is a legal term. But I'm being terribly picky, so ya gotta pardon me for being so anal.
See Mk. 10:32-34. Establishes malice aforethought. A capital offense. I give you no pardon or quarter nor do I suffer religious fools gladly and neither does Jesus Christ. For what has he said to you in Jn. 8:39-44?