• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did the true church ever vanish or completely fall away?

The the CHristian church ever Fall away completely

• Yes it fell away until the reformation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phantasman

Are you freaking kidding me, Jesus sure wasn't of the Spiritual body. Not until after his death and Resurrection.
Jesus was the perfect Lamb offering of God.
As to where do you get, if Jesus was of flesh and blood, that Jesus as being imperfect.
Jesus was perfect in flesh and blood and in the Spiritual body.
If Jesus was perfect, then why did his body succumb to death? His spirit he gave to the Father.

His (physical) flesh was not important to him or anyone. Just as ours is not important to us (as Christians).

If we fear death (of the flesh), we place it above the spirit. Jesus said to embrace death, not fear it.

The whole Gospel is based on that message.

Faithofchristian

If Jesus was perfect, then why did his body succumb to death? His spirit he gave to the Father.

Jesus's body of flesh and blood, was subject to die. But the Spirit which was inside of Jesus was God Himself Residing inside of the body of Jesus.

God made himself a body to come down here in, So that God could walk around among us, As one of us, to be like we are in this body of flesh and blood.

It's like our bodies of flesh and blood are subject to die, But our spirit which is inside our bodies can not die, But returns back to God, Who gave it.
Which only God can destroy our spirit's.

Notice what Christ Jesus said in
Matthew 10:28--"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: But rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"

His (physical) flesh was not important to him or anyone. Just as ours is not important to us (as Christians).

Oh but the flesh body of Jesus was very much important.
As it is written in the book of Isaiah 53:5
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our Peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed"
Matthew 26:26-28
"And as they were eating, Jesus Took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to his disciples, and said, take, eat, this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, drink you all of it: for this is my blood are the New Testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins"

Now if the body of Jesus was not important, as you say, Then how could any of this be done without the body of Jesus.
Also the body of Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb offering of God.

If we fear death (of the flesh), we place it above the spirit. Jesus said to embrace death, not fear it.

I don't know where you get that Jesus would ever want us to embrace death at.

Have you any idea who that exactly death is ?
Hebrews 2:14, Notice the last half of the Verse 14 --"That through death he ( Jesus)
Might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil"
Therefore another name for Satan is the Death.
Notice what Jesus said in Matthew 10:21
"And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents and cause them to be put to death"

Now since in the book of Hebrews 2:14, we found that another name for Satan is Death.
Therefore in Matthew 10:21, would read,
"And the brother shall deliver up the brother to Satan, and the Father the child: and the
children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to Satan"

Therefore you have the other name for Death is Satan.
It all depends on the terminology of how death is used, in this case in
Matthew 10:21 death here is in reference to Satan the Devil.

Like in Romans 6:23--"for the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

Now let's read it again " For the wages of
Sin is Satan, But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"

Satan comes to give you Death.
Jesus Christ comes to give you Life.

The whole Gospel is based on that message.

Faithofchristian

The True Church of God, will be established during the tribulation and then at the end of the Tribulation Christ Jesus returns ( Revelation 11:13-15 ) and then the true church is gathered up to meet Christ in the spirit. 1st Thessalonians 4:16-17.

That of 1st Thessalonians 4:16-17, takes place at the end of the Tribulation and the return of Christ Jesus.

Paul tells, That there shall come a falling away first, But ñothing said about the church completely Vanishing. The falling away takes place during the tribulation.
2nd Thessalonians 2:3,4.

Then after the thousand years expires, Christ and his True Church will be established here on earth.
Revelation Chapters 20,21,22.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
He clearly was talking about the apostolic church that continued on long after the apostles died through their appointees and is still present today.

Such as? The apostolic church had no choice but to evolve with the times, much like Paul himself made statements that simply do not appear anywhere in the gospels as the early church had to make some adjustments due to new challenges. No religion nor any religious denomination is static, nor should they be. Like us humans when we grow, changes are often necessary in order to adjust to new challenges. The apostolic church is and was no exception.

What about him?

I believe I found no Biblical reference so I don't know what you are looking at. Hard to see something clearly that can't even be found.

I believe the essential message is that salvation is by grace but The RCC still believes in salvation by works.

I believe the church should not do this but God certainly can change things that need updating.

I believe Paul spoke with the authority of the Holy Spirit.

I believe he is considered a mystic which simply means he was listening to the Holy Spirit.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe I found no Biblical reference so I don't know what you are looking at. Hard to see something clearly that can't even be found.
Maybe reread the Book of Acts as you already see adjustments being made, such as the appointing of leaders and the questioning of the wording during baptism that is resolved. And no serious theologian doubts for one minute that Paul went much further in his teachings than did Jesus.

I believe the essential message is that salvation is by grace but The RCC still believes in salvation by works.
No, salvation is by both belief and works according to the CC, but these are works under the teachings of Jesus and not under the 613 Jewish Laws. Both James and Paul cite the necessity of doing the works taught by Jesus and the Twelve.

IOW, Christianity should never be considered a "rocking-chair religion" whereas just nice p.c. thoughts grants one "salvation".