• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did T.rex really have bad eyesight?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Jurassic park view of Rex was always pretty silly, in more ways than one.
Largest olfactory chamber in recorded dinosaurs. Can't smell prey two feet from its nose.
JurassicPark_242Pyxurz.jpg

He also gave the 'vision based on movement to triceratops which is hilarious. Unless the fern moves, it is safe!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As this fossil shows, T-Rex not only needed glasses, it also had an issue with bright sunlight.
dinosaur-wearing-sunglasses-isolated-29194046.jpg

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
You need good eyesight to be an ambush predator. Arms are a bit of a hassle though. Well, that can be fixed!

a-funny-t-rex-pictures-unstoppable.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
After after doing some pretty comprehensive research on Google, I'm going to have to say no. I've scrolled through hundreds of images of them and can't find any images that have any of them wearing glasses and contacts had not yet been in use.

trextheslider.jpg

DavidFirth

I suppose one could speculate just about any which way the wind blows. No one knows.

And I really don't care enough to argue about it. Because I don't know and can't know.