• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Obama Do Enough About Russian Involmement In The 2016 Election?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Read the article
Wait a second. Is Trump truly taking a brief respite from playing nice with Putin and dismissing the idea of Russian meddling in order to trash President Obama for colluding and obstructing with regards to Russian meddling?

What an admirable example of multitasking.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Some people don't like Obama because he's black.
That's true, pretty obvious. Most people who rely on GOP media have been hit over the head for 8 years with panic mongering over Obama. They've been trained to hate.

That's propaganda.

idav

Being
Premium Member

tytlyf

Not Religious
What does ones race have to do with my comment and you non-sequitur response to that comment.
I'm pointing out how certain Americans don't like Obama simply because he's black. There's a lot of rural Americans who never see black people or haven't seen them once in their lives.
To say that racism isn't alive and well is inaccurate.
A lot of older folks use language that is racist. I don't think they realize that society today doesn't accept that language like they did 60 years ago. So it would make sense that the people making the racist comments say they aren't saying anything racist. Because they're still living in the past, today the words have different meaning.

esmith

Veteran Member
I'm pointing out how certain Americans don't like Obama simply because he's black. There's a lot of rural Americans who never see black people or haven't seen them once in their lives.
To say that racism isn't alive and well is inaccurate.
A lot of older folks use language that is racist. I don't think they realize that society today doesn't accept that language like they did 60 years ago. So it would make sense that the people making the racist comments say they aren't saying anything racist. Because they're still living in the past, today the words have different meaning.

Did I say that racism (and it is not just white people) is not present in this country? And this racism is not confined to just rural America, I wouldn't be surprised that it is more prevalent in suburban and inner cities. Your comment that a lot of rural Americans have never seen a "black person" indicates that you have probably led a sheltered life and unaware of "real life".
Now to your response to my post which was
Then there are those that do not suffer arrogance gladly
which you replied
As a white person myself, I stand up against that kind of mentality. To say there are no racists is foolish.

which led to your above comment above. Please explain how my comment led to your idea that I said there are no racists. Again suggest you engage brain before engaging fingers.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Did I say that racism (and it is not just white people) is not present in this country? And this racism is not confined to just rural America, I wouldn't be surprised that it is more prevalent in suburban and inner cities. Your comment that a lot of rural Americans have never seen a "black person" indicates that you have probably led a sheltered life and unaware of "real life".
You think racism is more prevalent in hispanic communities than rural conservative areas? That's a crazy comment.

My comment is accurate, some people have never seen a minority in person. They just learn about them on TV.

esmith

Veteran Member
You think racism is more prevalent in hispanic communities than rural conservative areas? That's a crazy comment.
I do not know where you learned to comprehend the written word because you seem to read into something that is not there. Would you please indicate where I said racism is more prevalent in Hispanic communities than rural conservative areas.

My comment is accurate, some people have never seen a minority in person. They just learn about them on TV.
Show factual data that supports this claim

tytlyf

Not Religious
I do not know where you learned to comprehend the written word because you seem to read into something that is not there. Would you please indicate where I said racism is more prevalent in Hispanic communities than rural conservative areas.
You stated that people in suburbs and inner cities are much more racist. I doubt white people in suburbs or inner cities are more racist than conservatives in rural areas.
Show factual data that supports this claim
You want me to show factual data that supports how some people in certain areas may have never seen a black person or a hispanic person before?

esmith

Veteran Member
You stated that people in suburbs and inner cities are much more racist. I doubt white people in suburbs or inner cities are more racist than conservatives in rural areas.
Try reading what I actual said not what your brain thinks I said. Here I will quote for you what I actual said then you explain where you read what you think I said
Did I say that racism (and it is not just white people) is not present in this country? And this racism is not confined to just rural America, I wouldn't be surprised that it is more prevalent in suburban and inner cities.
You want me to show factual data that supports how some people in certain areas may have never seen a black person or a hispanic person before?
Yes factual data. You always demand facts from everyone else, why not yourself.
Why do you not capitalize ethnic groups? That is demeaning.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Try reading what I actual said not what your brain thinks I said. Here I will quote for you what I actual said then you explain where you read what you think I said
Ya but I already responded to that. You said inner cities and suburbs were more prevalent racists. I said I doubt white people are more racist in those areas. We all know you weren't referring to white people. That's why I made my initial prediction you were talking about minorities. And essentially saying that minorities are more racist than rural conservatives.

So the question is, why didn't you just say "Not as prevalent as black people in suburbs or inner cities?"

I know how the tea party thinks.

esmith

Veteran Member
Ya but I already responded to that. You said inner cities and suburbs were more prevalent racists. I said I doubt white people are more racist in those areas. We all know you weren't referring to white people. That's why I made my initial prediction you were talking about minorities. And essentially saying that minorities are more racist than rural conservatives.

So the question is, why didn't you just say "Not as prevalent as black people in suburbs or inner cities?"

I know how the tea party thinks.
You know sometimes, actually most of the time, it is impossible to have an intelligent discussion with you since you do not seem to understand the written English language. Maybe that is because you said you do not read, only listen to radio and TV. Let's take one statement at a time in my below statement.

Did I say that racism (and it is not just white people) is not present in this country? And this racism is not confined to just rural America, I wouldn't be surprised that it is more prevalent in suburban and inner cities.
1. Did I say that racism (and it is not just white people) is not present in this country?
This says that racism is not unique to white people (I should have said Caucasian since that denotes an ethnicity whereas whites does not. But moot point since you seemed to comprehend that)

2. Racism is not confined to rural America
This say racism can be found in rural areas, suburban, and urban areas in the United States.

3. I wouldn't be surprised that it is more prevalent in suburban and inner cities
This says that I speculate that there is more racism in suburban and inner cities, since the population of the suburban and urban areas have a greater population than rural areas.

A. Now you make a statement that is nothing more than speculation, which was "We all know you weren't referring to white people". And it is just that, speculation and unfounded speculation.

B. Now in your next statement, which was " I made my initial prediction you were talking about minorities". Here you admit that that you were only speculating that I was not referring to white people.

Then you compound your mistakes by making the following statement: "essentially saying that minorities are more racist than rural conservatives" This argument is false since it is based on your invalid arguments listed in A & B.

Then you really come up with a doozy of a statement "why didn't you just say "Not as prevalent as black people in suburbs or inner cities?"
Simple answer. Because that is not what I meant.

Now for the last statement "I know how the tea party thinks."
Which type of tea parties are you referring to. Maybe it would help if you figure out what type of tea party you are referring to. Here is a link to help you: Types of tea parties

idav

Being
Premium Member
You know sometimes, actually most of the time, it is impossible to have an intelligent discussion with you since you do not seem to understand the written English language. Maybe that is because you said you do not read, only listen to radio and TV. Let's take one statement at a time in my below statement.

1. Did I say that racism (and it is not just white people) is not present in this country?
This says that racism is not unique to white people (I should have said Caucasian since that denotes an ethnicity whereas whites does not. But moot point since you seemed to comprehend that)

2. Racism is not confined to rural America
This say racism can be found in rural areas, suburban, and urban areas in the United States.

3. I wouldn't be surprised that it is more prevalent in suburban and inner cities
This says that I speculate that there is more racism in suburban and inner cities, since the population of the suburban and urban areas have a greater population than rural areas.

A. Now you make a statement that is nothing more than speculation, which was "We all know you weren't referring to white people". And it is just that, speculation and unfounded speculation.

B. Now in your next statement, which was " I made my initial prediction you were talking about minorities". Here you admit that that you were only speculating that I was not referring to white people.

Then you compound your mistakes by making the following statement: "essentially saying that minorities are more racist than rural conservatives" This argument is false since it is based on your invalid arguments listed in A & B.

Then you really come up with a doozy of a statement "why didn't you just say "Not as prevalent as black people in suburbs or inner cities?"
Simple answer. Because that is not what I meant.

Now for the last statement "I know how the tea party thinks."
Which type of tea parties are you referring to. Maybe it would help if you figure out what type of tea party you are referring to. Here is a link to help you: Types of tea parties
When people do stats, we normally don't just assume a greater prevalence of something just because of higher populations. Violent crime is highest per capita in the south compared to the areas that lost the election. Doesn't mean more racism in the south but something to be said about a higher violent crime rate per 1000 people in the south. Why not Ny or CA, no most violent is SC.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Spin it esmith. You didn't like me pointing out how you think minorities are the biggest racists. GOP media teaches people that, it's called the race card.