• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Claim to be God?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Please keep in mind Jesus was interested in quality and Not quantity according to Matthew 7:21-23

The quality ones would have the hallmark ID as mentioned at John 13:34-35 to have the same self-sacrificing love displayed as Jesus has.
But each denomination has a variety of both clergy and laity within it, so I'm afraid that formula really doesn't work out. I think you'll likely agree that no one is "saved" by the church they walk into.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But each denomination has a variety of both clergy and laity within it, so I'm afraid that formula really doesn't work out. I think you'll likely agree that no one is "saved" by the church they walk into.

Good observation about Christendom's ' clergy/ laity class distinction, because that is in No way part of 1st-century Christian teachings.
Jesus makes such class distinction as clearly wrong at Matthew 23:8-10; Matthew 23:11-12 - all are ' brothers ' .

Yes, No one is saved by walking into a religious ' house of worship ' because as Jesus taught we must endure to the end - Matthew 24:13
That would mean endure faithful until either the end of one's life, or endure faithful to the end of these last days of badness on Earth before Jesus begins his 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

If we endure to the end times of badness on Earth, then we can be ' saved/rescued/delivered ' through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14; Isaiah 26:20

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, I'm very familiar with that, but here's the problem: there are roughly 300 Christian denominations and literally thousands of independent churches, each claiming that they are inspired by the Holy Spirit and that they know what the truth is. Capice?

I believe anyone can make the claim but that doesn't mean the claim is valid.

I had elders investigate my beliefs and I showed them the truth from the Bible. Their response was: Forget the Bible we go by what the Church teaches.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Good observation about Christendom's ' clergy/ laity class distinction, because that is in No way part of 1st-century Christian teachings.
Jesus makes such class distinction as clearly wrong at Matthew 23:8-10; Matthew 23:11-12 - all are ' brothers ' .

Yes, No one is saved by walking into a religious ' house of worship ' because as Jesus taught we must endure to the end - Matthew 24:13
That would mean endure faithful until either the end of one's life, or endure faithful to the end of these last days of badness on Earth before Jesus begins his 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

If we endure to the end times of badness on Earth, then we can be ' saved/rescued/delivered ' through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14; Isaiah 26:20

I believe the thing about enduring is for those already saved.

I believe that is totally unreasonable. Many people have been saved by going to church but not becasue ti was the last service on earth but simply because they were in the right place at the right time and God is good at making that happen.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe the thing about enduring is for those already saved.

Yes, Matthew 24:13 is for those already saved (saved up to that point).
Those once ' saved ' of Hebrews 6:4-6 are No longer ever again saved. They have committed the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe anyone can make the claim but that doesn't mean the claim is valid.

I had elders investigate my beliefs and I showed them the truth from the Bible. Their response was: Forget the Bible we go by what the Church teaches.
But you are assuming that the "truth" can seemingly only be found there.

whirlingmerc

Actually not only did Jesus but the apostles did in many ways

"Before Abraham was I AM" in John would be one example

But apostles drew from sections of the Old testament which are prayers to God as argument that Jesus is greater than the angels
Psalm 102 being a good example see

And we might also notice many names used for God such as alpha and omega, the first and the last, the begining and the end are also applied to Jesus