• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Claim to be God?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Cannot the same thing be said about everything you reply with?

If you tried using credible sources you might gain a small amount of credibility

The reference book used by Christianity to form its belief in the Trinity is the Bible. Whether you think the Bible is a credible source or not it is the source that was used historically and is still in use today if one wished to see for oneself what it says.

moorea944

1. God has created all persons

2. God has a favored person

3. God is that person alone

4. God is in that person together with another spirit.

1. God has created all persons
Correct. He is the creator and sustainer of all.

2. God has a favored person
Are you talking about His son?

3. God is that person alone
No. God is God and Jesus is Jesus, the son of God. Remember that there were "two" wills. Can you give us some verses that say that God is actually His son? And not thoses that you "think" says that, I mean real verses that say that.

4. God is in that person together with another spirit.
Huh?..... Your spinning again... First you say he IS that person, then you say that he is in that person. I dont know what you really mean about "with another spirit."

Muffled

Jesus in me
Correct. He is the creator and sustainer of all.

Are you talking about His son?

No. God is God and Jesus is Jesus, the son of God. Remember that there were "two" wills. Can you give us some verses that say that God is actually His son? And not thoses that you "think" says that, I mean real verses that say that.

Huh?..... Your spinning again... First you say he IS that person, then you say that he is in that person. I dont know what you really mean about "with another spirit."

I believe I am referring to David in Ps 2 although the same can be said for Jesus.

I believe you are in error, God only has one will. The other will in Jesus is the will of the body which is not God. In the end the will of God in Jesus overcomes the will of the body.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

I believe you will not be a very good judge of what is real and what isn't.

I am God in this body with the person's spirit present in an observation status.

moorea944

I believe I am referring to David in Ps 2 although the same can be said for Jesus.

I believe you are in error, God only has one will. The other will in Jesus is the will of the body which is not God. In the end the will of God in Jesus overcomes the will of the body.

I am God in this body with the person's spirit present in an observation status.

Didnt Paul say that God is not parcial to anyone? But if I had to chose, it would be Moses and not David. God loved David, yes, but it was Moses God spoke to face to face, (though an angel of course.) Plus, Psalms 2 is not about David, it is a future prophecy on Christ.

I believe you are in error, God only has one will.
Yes, that is correct. That is what I believe too.
The other will in Jesus is the will of the body which is not God. In the end the will of God in Jesus overcomes the will of the body.
I believe in that too, but I think you just say it differently than what I would say. God IS in Jesus, yes, I agree. The book of John tells us that too. Jesus overcame sin and temptation because God was his father and his father was working through his son.

Dont know how you get that one. Why would you say that you are God? God's spirit is in us, but to say that we are God, that's something that I would never say.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Muffled,
Every post of yours shows that the Holy Scriptures are Terra Incognita to you, as you seem to not even have a nodding acquaintance with God's word.
Please get a concordance and look up a few things before you make silly assertions, for you make yourself look foolish.

12jtartar

Premium Member
moorea944,
Actually, at Acts 10:34, that you quoted from, does not say, in the original autograph, that God is not Partial. The words were that God does not SHOW partiality or show preference to faces.
Think about that. There is much difference between being partial to someone, and SHOWING partiality.
I believe that any thinking person would believe that God is partial to Jesus, His precious son, 1Peter 2:4,6,7.
God is also partial to those who love him, as He intends to destroy all who do not, Deuteronomy 7:9,10, Matthew 25:46, 2Thessalonians 1:6-9.
Remember, Jesus was partial to the apostle John, was called; the one who Jesus loved. This does not mean that he treated him differently than the other disciples, John 13:23, 19:26. Jesus had stated that his disciples would be known by their love for each other. John wrote about love much more that any other Bible writer, maybe that was the reason that Jesus loved John in a special way.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Didnt Paul say that God is not parcial to anyone? But if I had to chose, it would be Moses and not David. God loved David, yes, but it was Moses God spoke to face to face, (though an angel of course.) Plus, Psalms 2 is not about David, it is a future prophecy on Christ.

Yes, that is correct. That is what I believe too.

I believe in that too, but I think you just say it differently than what I would say. God IS in Jesus, yes, I agree. The book of John tells us that too. Jesus overcame sin and temptation because God was his father and his father was working through his son.

Dont know how you get that one. Why would you say that you are God? God's spirit is in us, but to say that we are God, that's something that I would never say.

I believe that could be because you are not. I believe I get it from the Bible.

I believe this is incorrect. The Father can't work through the son because He is not in the Son. However the oneness of Son and Father means that everything that is available to the Father is also available to Jesus.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Muffled,
Every post of yours shows that the Holy Scriptures are Terra Incognita to you, as you seem to not even have a nodding acquaintance with God's word.
Please get a concordance and look up a few things before you make silly assertions, for you make yourself look foolish.

I believe you have made an incorrect assumption about me. I not only have the Bible in me but I also have the author.

I believe I can back up my assertions with scripture so that means they are not silly.

I believe the wisdom of God does look foolish to some people.

moorea944

I believe that could be because you are not. I believe I get it from the Bible.

I believe this is incorrect. The Father can't work through the son because He is not in the Son. However the oneness of Son and Father means that everything that is available to the Father is also available to Jesus.

I believe this is incorrect. The Father can't work through the son because He is not in the Son.

Wow! Incorrect? The Father "cant" work through His son because He is not in the Son? Scripture tells us otherwise. God works "through" His son. That's all through scripture. Everything that Jesus did was from God. God gave Jesus everything! Without God, Jesus could do nothing! Jesus was dependent on his father. Look at the book of John! God is in Jesus, Jesus is in God and so are we. Sorry you cant see that. But most trinitarians cant.

However the oneness of Son and Father means that everything that is available to the Father is also available to Jesus.

Yes, I agree, sort of. I think I would have just worded it differently. God DID give Jesus the power and authority in all things. The oneness also means that they are in sync with each other. Jesus wants to do his father's will and not his. He is in the same frame of mind to do his father's plan and purpose.

muhammad_isa

..The Father "cant" work through His son because He is not in the Son? Scripture tells us otherwise. God works "through" His son. That's all through scripture. Everything that Jesus did was from God. God gave Jesus everything! Without God, Jesus could do nothing! Jesus was dependent on his father. Look at the book of John! God is in Jesus, Jesus is in God and so are we. Sorry you cant see that. But most trinitarians cant.
I can see it .. but then I'm not a trinitarian..
Of course Almighty God is closer to some people more than others :)

Muffled

Jesus in me
Wow! Incorrect? The Father "cant" work through His son because He is not in the Son? Scripture tells us otherwise. God works "through" His son. That's all through scripture. Everything that Jesus did was from God. God gave Jesus everything! Without God, Jesus could do nothing! Jesus was dependent on his father. Look at the book of John! God is in Jesus, Jesus is in God and so are we. Sorry you cant see that. But most trinitarians cant.

Yes, I agree, sort of. I think I would have just worded it differently. God DID give Jesus the power and authority in all things. The oneness also means that they are in sync with each other. Jesus wants to do his father's will and not his. He is in the same frame of mind to do his father's plan and purpose.

Interesting the Holy Spirit brought this verse to mind before I read your post. The statement is "I am in the Father and the Father in me" I believe that is talking about the oneness not about the perception of two different entities. If you want to get the inclusiveness then you have to say that God works through Jesus.

Every person has two wills: the will of the body (mind) and the will of the spirit. The spirit of God in Jesus is always in harmony with the Spirit of God outside Jesus (The Father) but the will of the body can often be contrary. In Jesus the will of the Spirit always has its way over the mind of the body.

moorea944

Interesting the Holy Spirit brought this verse to mind before I read your post. The statement is "I am in the Father and the Father in me" I believe that is talking about the oneness not about the perception of two different entities. If you want to get the inclusiveness then you have to say that God works through Jesus.

Every person has two wills: the will of the body (mind) and the will of the spirit. The spirit of God in Jesus is always in harmony with the Spirit of God outside Jesus (The Father) but the will of the body can often be contrary. In Jesus the will of the Spirit always has its way over the mind of the body.

I believe that is talking about the oneness not about the perception of two different entities. If you want to get the inclusiveness then you have to say that God works through Jesus.
That's..... exactly what I'm saying!!!...... The bible tells us that too. God works through His son... God gave everything to His son... Why would you say something different?

Every person has two wills: the will of the body (mind) and the will of the spirit.
Now that's a topic in it's self... Your saying that the body is the mind? Cant see that.... Doesnt in many cases in scripture write that the mind is the spirit? Or the spirit is the mind or the way we think? We have to have the spirit of Christ or the "mind" of Christ. What is "Spirit" for you? How can the body be the mind? Not really sure what your saying here. Are you saying the the "spirit" is a separate thing from the body? LIke a "soul"?

When the body dies, the mind dies too. Everything dies in us, all of our organs, like liver, heart, brain, which makes us think and remember things. That dies too. Do you think there is something else in death that the bible doesnt teach? Just curious.....

Second, we only have one will. IT's the one that we want to do and chose whether it's about God's ways or not. We have multiple choices though.....
The spirit of God in Jesus is always in harmony with the Spirit of God outside Jesus (The Father)
Wait a minute...... did you just say that Jesus is the Father? Who told you that one? So the son prays to himself, the father? And the son is the father and the father is the son..... I hope I read that wrong.....

Riders

John 8:58 (ESV Strong's) 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

GOD
Psalms 102:25-27
(ESV Strong's) 25 Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. 26 They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment.
You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away, 27 but you are the same, and your years have no end.

JESUS
Hebrews 1:8-12
(ESV Strong's) 8 But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.” 10 And, You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands; 11 they will perish, but you remain;they will all wear out like a garment,12 like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.”

Who's coming with the clouds?

Revelation 1:7-8
(ESV Strong's) 7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Are there 2 Alpha and Omega's?)

Revelation 22:12-13
(ESV Strong's) 12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
Could be speaking of the inner Godself easily metaphysical relationship of God.

Riders

If you believe Jesus as God, to me it deserves an explanation also of how that come to be, 2 Gods? God the Father and God the Son says 2 the Holy Spirit makes 3 and the Trinity isn't in the bible, but to me theres no way of defending Jesus is God without explaining the fact that the bible says hes the Son over and over . If hes the Son how can he be the Father? Theres no way to explain the Trinity.

djhwoodwerks

If you believe Jesus as God, to me it deserves an explanation also of how that come to be, 2 Gods? God the Father and God the Son says 2 the Holy Spirit makes 3 and the Trinity isn't in the bible, but to me theres no way of defending Jesus is God without explaining the fact that the bible says hes the Son over and over . If hes the Son how can he be the Father? Theres no way to explain the Trinity.

It has been explained many, many times. People just can't rap their minds around it, so it can't be true. People that don't accept the Trinity are the people that don't understand that God exists "outside" of time and space, they only look at it as if God is bound like we are. Where God exists, there is no time, no space, He is not bound by anything.