• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus and or Mary ever believe in Trinity?

Ben Avraham

Of course, its just that you cannot see the metaphor, open your eye's for a change.

Wow Psychoslice! You remind me of the British Iron lady. Anyway, if you are going literal here, no one can see the metaphor. Metaphorical statements are perceived in the mind only.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I know from the fact that Jesus was a Jew and his gospel was the Tanach. The Tanach speaks of God as of an absolute Oneness. (Deuteronomy 6:4) That's about the "Shema" which is acknowledged by all Jews throughout the world and by some non-trinitarian Christians.
Sure, everyone knows that Jesus was born a Jew just as the Buddha was born a Hindu! When I talk about the Bible, I really mean the New Testament - the Gospel as taught by Jesus, not the old Hebrew stuff. I am absolutely sure the Tanach does not talk about the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, but the New Testament does through the words spoken by Jesus himself.

pearl

"...but I can say to you" is not Jewish. "But" is a preposition to imply the opposite of what follows..." Jesus never mentioned that. The opposite is rather true that he would teach to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

This is true concerning 'but' as a poor and unfortunate translation.
Christian translations always choose a contrasting translation for the Greek ' egoo de legoo humin'; but I say to you, or worse yet, 'I even say', the Greek 'de' in the Gospels does not usually indicate an antithesis, but rather a connection and corresponds to
‘wa ani omeer lachem’, which is not an introduction to a contradiction of the Torah, but, on the contrary, an elucidation thereof.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Wow Psychoslice! You remind me of the British Iron lady. Anyway, if you are going literal here, no one can see the metaphor. Metaphorical statements are perceived in the mind only.
That's it, the so called truth is never found outside or in any scripture, just like a sign, scripture can only point to truth, and depending on what level Consciousness we are, that level is our truth.

Ben Avraham

That's it, the so called truth is never found outside or in any scripture, just like a sign, scripture can only point to truth, and depending on what level Consciousness we are, that level is our truth.

So, you mean that there are billions of truths just as many as the number of people on earth! Does it mean that every head is a different truth! No Psychoslice, the Truth is absolutely one and there is no more than.

Ben Avraham

Sure, everyone knows that Jesus was born a Jew just as the Buddha was born a Hindu! When I talk about the Bible, I really mean the New Testament - the Gospel as taught by Jesus, not the old Hebrew stuff. I am absolutely sure the Tanach does not talk about the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, but the New Testament does through the words spoken by Jesus himself.

Jesus never had any thing to do with the NT. He never even dreamed the NT would ever rise. The person you are talking about was Paul, the founder of Christianity, not Jesus. The gospel of Jesus was the Tanach.

Kirran

Premium Member
So, you mean that there are billions of truths just as many as the number of people on earth! Does it mean that every head is a different truth! No Psychoslice, the Truth is absolutely one and there is no more than.

He's speaking about relative truth. For example, it is true at different levels to say that a lettuce is a vegetable and to say it's an agglomeration of biological and non-biological molecules, and to say that it's an emergent property of quantum strings twanging.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Jesus never had any thing to do with the NT. He never even dreamed the NT would ever rise. The person you are talking about was Paul, the founder of Christianity, not Jesus. The gospel of Jesus was the Tanach.
Very interesting! So all the quotes of Jesus in the NT are actually Paul's quotes? So it was Paul who said "whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven", not Jesus? Is was Paul who said "neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." and not Jesus? Very interesting indeed!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It is One, but there are many levels within the Oneness, just like all that has arisen from Oneness, its still all One, as all the waves on the ocean are One with he ocean. Truth cannot be conceptualized, so everyone who as an idea of what truth is, isn't seeing truth for what it is.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I agree with what I have colored in magenta.
I further add that Jesus was to enforce the Law of Torah as was originally given to Moses but later changed and corrupted by the narrators, scribes and the clergy.
Regards

Ben Avraham

I agree with what I have colored in magenta.
I further add that Jesus was to enforce the Law of Torah as was originally given to Moses but later changed and corrupted by the narrators, scribes and the clergy.
Regards

That's absolutely not true. A loyal Jew would never change and corrupt the Torah Law. Even Jesus himself warned us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Only a Hellenist Jew of the kind Paul was would be able of that much.

Ben Avraham

It is One, but there are many levels within the Oneness, just like all that has arisen from Oneness, its still all One, as all the waves on the ocean are One with he ocean. Truth cannot be conceptualized, so everyone who as an idea of what truth is, isn't seeing truth for what it is.

Sorry Psychoslice. Your Theology is full of holes. No offense meant.

Ben Avraham

Very interesting! So all the quotes of Jesus in the NT are actually Paul's quotes? So it was Paul who said "whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven", not Jesus? Is was Paul who said "neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." and not Jesus? Very interesting indeed!

Exactly! Not Jesus but Paul as his letters are concerned and, for the gospels, the Hellenists former disciples of Paul who wrote them. Not a single Jew wrote a page in the NT.

Ben Avraham

He's speaking about relative truth. For example, it is true at different levels to say that a lettuce is a vegetable and to say it's an agglomeration of biological and non-biological molecules, and to say that it's an emergent property of quantum strings twanging.

What! Psychoslice is a "he"! Oh gosh, I just addressed him as a lady! I am a bad judge as avatars are concerned.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Exactly! Not Jesus but Paul as his letters are concerned and, for the gospels, the Hellenists former disciples of Paul who wrote them. Not a single Jew wrote a page in the NT.
I see - so when they say in the NT that Jesus said this or Jesus said that, it is all lies! Only your book has the truth! Very charitable of you!

Ben Avraham

I see - so when they say in the NT that Jesus said this or Jesus said that, it is all lies! Only your book has the truth! Very charitable of you!

Only the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach has the Truth, yes, to answer your question. And I guarantee to you, this is no lack of charitable love. Although I venture to say further that I find safe to trust in about 20% of the NT. The things that, deep down are acceptable to all Jews, although the others prefer not to admit. The other part, 80% is composed of anti-Jewish interpolations with the intent to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

Muffled

Jesus in me
We get our interpretations from 'the Spirit of truth' Who was to guide us into all truth, that is, Baha'u'llah. Christ foretold His coming and that We would have things we didn't understand explained to us.

We do not interpret the Bible ourselves but follow His Words as He is the Father.

I believe if he made those claims they were false claims. There is only one who is the truth and that is Jesus. I do believe the "B"man is a guide into some truths but that not everything he says is true.

I know of no text doing that.

I believe that is what an illuminati tries to do but at times he convolutes things making them less clear.

I believe at times his interpretations are not correct and He is not the Father as Jesus called Him.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Only the gospel of Jesus aka the Tanach has the Truth, yes, to answer your question. And I guarantee to you, this is no lack of charitable love. Although I venture to say further that I find safe to trust in about 20% of the NT. The things that, deep down are acceptable to all Jews, although the others prefer not to admit. The other part, 80% is composed of anti-Jewish interpolations with the intent to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.
I believe the concept that Paul has a policy of Replacement theology to be fabricated. It is true that Paul says a New Covenant replaces an old one but that is not entirely true. I can covenant with God to go to New York and make another one to go to Miami and as long as I don't try to do both at once both covenants are viable. It is true that the covenant of laws is replaced by the covenant of Grace since they are mutually exclusive.