• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus and or Mary ever believe in Trinity?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Did Jesus and or Mary ever believed in Trinity?

Jesus and Mary could never believe in Trinity. It is a pagan concept. Right? Please
Regards

#107 adrianhindes, thanks andregards to him.
#109 paarsurrey, one may like to read both the post, please

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

Jesus and Mary could never believe in Trinity. It is a pagan concept. Right? Please
Regards

There is no such trinity mentioned in the Holy Bible neither did Jesus nor Mary believe in anything but one God. It's a man made doctrine.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
What we say is God is One. In this verse He is the Father. He sends Messengers according to His Will to bring truth and guidance to the world through a power we call the Holy Spirit.

It is the power of the Holy Spirit that enabled Moses to overcome the forces of Pharoah, for Christ's Cause to spread all over the world.

So we have God - His Messengers and Prophets - the power of the Holy Spirit.

So Christ was like a perfectly polished mirror reflecting the sun (God) in Him and He had the power of the Holy Spirit. No matter what they did to Christ, His Teachings eventually subdued Rome. This is the meaning not three persons, which we Baha'is are taught in our books.

omega2xx

Regards

Can't say ab out Mary, but since Jesus is part of the Trinity, He certainly believed in it. If any pagan religions has a Trinity, they God the ideas from the OT. The Trinity is established in the Bible, starting with Gen 1:1. God in Hebrew is a singular noun, with a plural ending. This is reinforced in GEn 1:26 with :us" and "our."

Kirran

Premium Member
An Evangelical Christian friend of mine said that the Trinity was implied, but not outright stated, in the Bible.

pearl

Mary as a Jew was certainly aware of the Spirit of God. As far as Jesus is concerned, it a question of his consciousness. Its difficult to discern which are the actual words of Jesus from those put on his lips by the Apostles with that fullness of faith they enjoyed only in light of the Resurrection.

Shad

Veteran Member
But would one find it if one weren't looking?

Yes. The Gospel of John and Paul's letters contain the Trinity in the most open statements. Other reference are not as clear as it uses OT references in compassion to NT verses

Ben Avraham

Mary as a Jew was certainly aware of the Spirit of God. As far as Jesus is concerned, it a question of his consciousness. Its difficult to discern which are the actual words of Jesus from those put on his lips by the Apostles with that fullness of faith they enjoyed only in light of the Resurrection.

The Apostles put nothing in Jesus' lips. Those who did that were the Hellenists who wrote the gospels; but by proxy because Jesus had already been gone for some time. Mary was indeed aware of the Spirit of God because Jesus declared that God was a Spirit. (John 4:24) But both, Mary and Jesus were aware that once dead, no one would ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Apostles put nothing in Jesus' lips. Those who did that were the Hellenists who wrote the gospels; but by proxy because Jesus had already been gone for some time. Mary was indeed aware of the Spirit of God because Jesus declared that God was a Spirit. (John 4:24) But both, Mary and Jesus were aware that once dead, no one would ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.)
"The Apostles put nothing in Jesus' lips"

The apostles wrote scriptures unauthorized ,without any express authority from Jesus, that tantamount putting words in Jesus' mouth. Right?Please
Regards

Shad

Veteran Member

Ben Avraham

The apostles wrote scriptures unauthorized ,without any express authority from Jesus, that tantamount putting words in Jesus' mouth. Right?Please. Regards

The apostles wrote scriptures unauthorized ,without any express authority from Jesus, that tantamount putting words in Jesus' mouth. Right?Please. Regards

The apostles wrote scriptures unauthorized ,without any express authority from Jesus, that tantamount putting words in Jesus' mouth. Right?Please
Regards

No, it is wrong. None of the Apostles of Jesus ever wrote a single word in the NT. They, like Jesus, never even dreamed the NT would ever rise. Their gospel was the Tanach. Jews would not write against their own Faith aka Judaism.

Ben Avraham

What we say is God is One. In this verse He is the Father. He sends Messengers according to His Will to bring truth and guidance to the world through a power we call the Holy Spirit.

It is the power of the Holy Spirit that enabled Moses to overcome the forces of Pharoah, for Christ's Cause to spread all over the world.

So we have God - His Messengers and Prophets - the power of the Holy Spirit.

So Christ was like a perfectly polished mirror reflecting the sun (God) in Him and He had the power of the Holy Spirit. No matter what they did to Christ, His Teachings eventually subdued Rome. This is the meaning not three persons, which we Baha'is are taught in our books.

Perhaps to the Baha'is and Christians may be true but, the Trinity had nothing to do with Israel.

pearl

But both, Mary and Jesus were aware that once dead, no one would ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.)

That's an interesting take sense the Easter event was a Jewish faith experience. Kings 17: 17-24, the widow at Zarephath, whom God commanded, at the time of the famine, to feed the prophet Elijah, although she was in great poverty. After dividing her last supplies with the prophet, God multiplied her meal and oil so she, her son, and Elijah maintained enough throughout the famine.
"After this the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, became ill; and his illness was so severe that there was no breath lift in him. And she said to Elijah, "What have you against me, O man of God? You have come to me to bring my sin to remembrance, and to cause the death of my son!" And he said to her, " Give me your son". And he took him from her bosom, and carried him up into the upper chamber, where he lodged, and laid him upon his own bed. And he cried to the Lord, "O Lord my God, let this child's soul come into him again." And the Lord hearkened to the voice of Elijah; and the soul came into him again, and he revived. (1Kings)

" Come, let us return to the Lord; for he has torn, that he may heal us...., after two days he will revive us; on the third he will raise us up that we may live before him." Hos, 6 : 1-2.

Our masters taught: "I kill and I make alive" (Deut. 32 :39). One might think that one person would experience the killing and the other the making alive as it is customary in the world; but the nest says "I wound and I heal. As wounding and healing applied to one and the same person, so also killing and making alive applied to one and the same person. This provides an answer for those who say that the resurrection of the dead cannot be proved from Torah (Sanhedrin 91b)