• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus and or Mary ever believe in Trinity?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Wasn't Jesus eloquent? Please
Had Jesus believed in Trinity, he would have spoken it clearly. What would have happened to him if Jesus and Mary had spoken the word Trinity from their mouth. Obviously Jesus and or Mary never believed in it.
Please quote from Mary if one could.
Regards
I believe He did speak it clearly.

I believe it would have confused people as it obviously does in our time.

I believe it is not obvious to me so you have to prove it.

Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Ben Avraham

I believe the concept that Paul has a policy of Replacement theology to be fabricated. It is true that Paul says a New Covenant replaces an old one but that is not entirely true. I can covenant with God to go to New York and make another one to go to Miami and as long as I don't try to do both at once both covenants are viable. It is true that the covenant of laws is replaced by the covenant of Grace since they are mutually exclusive.

That's the problem. The fact that the covenant of laws and the one of grace excludes each other. IMHO, one must include the other. Why? Because the Law was given as a result of God's grace if you read the whole Psalm 119, the longest chapter in the Tanach.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Had Jesus believed in Trinity, he would have spoken it clearly. What would have happened to him if Jesus and Mary had spoken the word Trinity from their mouth. Obviously Jesus and or Mary never believed in it.
Regards
I believe He did speak it clearly.
I believe it would have confused people as it obviously does in our time.
I believe it is not obvious to me so you have to prove it.
Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Then quote from Jesus where he spoke the word Trinity from his mouth.
Jesus was a Jew, please quote from Torah if Trinity has been mentioned as a belief of a believer.
One uses the word "I believe" frequently in one's posts, that suggests/ means that one is not certain about it. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Regards

Then quote from Jesus where he spoke the word Trinity from his mouth.
Jesus was a Jew, please quote from Torah if Trinity has been mentioned as a belief of a believer.
One uses the word "I believe" frequently in one's posts, that suggests/ means that one is not certain about it. Please
"Then quote from Jesus where he spoke the word Trinity from his mouth."

Any Christian , please
Anybody, please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Did Jesus and or Mary ever believe in Trinity?

Mary never believed in Trinity.
She never spoke the word Trinity or any of its constituents from her mouth. Right? Please
If yes, please quote from her.
Regards

MJFlores

Did Jesus and or Mary ever believed in Trinity?

Jesus and Mary could never believe in Trinity. It is a pagan concept. Right? Please
Regards

#107 adrianhindes, thanks andregards to him.
#109 paarsurrey, one may like to read both the post, please

Trinity is not original in "Christianity" it has existed in pagan civilizations even before the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D.

How Ancient Trinitarian Gods Influenced Adoption of the Trinity

JING2.JPG

It took many years to form that doctrine.

JING3.JPG

Even the word "incarnation" is not found in the bible.

JING4.JPG

Kelly of the Phoenix

I think I'll go along with the 2.2 billion rather than you.
Truth isn't verified by popularity, but by the largest amount of evidence.
the trinity is apparent in the first line of the book of genesis. God, heaven, earth.
There are lots of magic numbers. I don't believe in any of them.

Behind the idea of predestination was the assumption that because God knew the outcome one was helpless to alter the final one's final destination. I don't think any religion seriously teaches that any longer.
Pity, because I believe in destiny/fate.
That is your opinion, with no basis of truth except your own assumptive truth.
I'm willing to accept, story-wise, that Lazarus was (considered) dead, but the girl Jesus woke was clearly in a coma.

Mysteriously, the next 40 days Jesus started appearing to his disciples, eating and drinking with them.
I just can't help, being a nurse, thinking about all those wounds. He always just has the wrist or palm holes in imaginations of his appearances, but they beat the ever living crap out of him. He should look like a walking pile of hamburger meat. :p Aloe ain't gonna cure THAT, LOL.

Ben Avraham

I just can't help, being a nurse, thinking about all those wounds. He always just has the wrist or palm holes in imaginations of his appearances, but they beat the ever living crap out of him. He should look like a walking pile of hamburger meat. :p Aloe ain't gonna cure THAT, LOL.

I am sorry but, I am not too sure I got the meaning of your post above. Could you be implying that the crucifixion of Jesus was only in the imagination of the authors of the gospels? I wouldn't be so fast at throwing all that happened to Jesus into the realm of the imagination because I read "The Wars of the Jews" by Josephus and the author is an evidence of thousands of Jews crucified by the Romans only in the First Century to eliminate oppositions to their conquests.

Ben Avraham

Did Jesus and or Mary ever believe in Trinity? Mary never believed in Trinity. She never spoke the word Trinity or any of its constituents from her mouth. Right? Please
If yes, please quote from her. Regards

Of course not! They were Jewish! Neither Jesus nor Mary. Neither Mary his mother nor Mary his wife. They were born
and educated under the Divine banner of an Absolute Oneness of HaShem.

syo

trinity is an understanding of god after careful study of the new testament. trinity is a descriptive word for god.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
there are several examples of baptism by the Apostles and they all baptize in the name of the Son or name of Jesus. never in the trinity formula.

btw love those knick pacer rivalrys of the 90s, reggie was the best.

The Didache, used at the time of the Apostles as early as 50CE, clearly states that they were to baptise in the names of The Father the Son and of the Holy Spirit as I explained above, in post #65.
This form was in no way recognising them as a Trinity.

MJFlores

trinity.jpg

Who the Bible teaches as the true God?

In the Old Testament times, we can read word for word from the Holy Scriptures that the prophets of God recognized the Father as their one and only God:

"Have we not all one father? Has not one God created us?" (Mal. 2:10, New King James Version)

The apostles also taught that the true God is the Father who is the creator of all things:

"Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we for him. (I Cor. 8:6, I bid)

The teachings of the prophets and the apostles are in accord with the teaching of Christ that the Father in heaven is the one true God:

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour is come; Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You.

"And this is eternal life, that they might know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. (Jn. 17:1, 3, I bid)

Above all, God Himself left no doubts that there is no other God besides Him. This He declared through Prophet Isaiah:

"Tell and bring forth your case; yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I the Lord? And there is no God else besides Me, a just God and a Savior; there is none beside Me. (Is. 45:21, I bid)

Let us take note that the belief of those who uphold the Trinity doctrine cannot be found anywhere in the Holy Scriptures. On the other hand, the belief that there is only one true God, the Father in heaven, is proven time and again by the Bible. The father in heaven, not the Son or the Holy Spirit, is the God who should be recognized by all as the one true God.

Let us reject the Trinity doctrine and any religion that professes this belief since the belief in the triune God is both unchristian and unbiblical.

Ben Avraham

trinity is an understanding of god after careful study of the new testament. trinity is a descriptive word for god.

You said it all when you established that to understand the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, one must carefully study the NT. Remember though that Jesus never had any thing to do with the NT as his Bible was the Tanach which teaches the Absolute Oneness of God. Jesus never even dreamed the NT would ever rise.

Reactions: syo

syo

I perceive organized christianity starts with the first council of nicaea where christian doctrine gets it's form. and the doctrine relies heavily on the new testament.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
trinity.jpg

Who the Bible teaches as the true God?

In the Old Testament times, we can read word for word from the Holy Scriptures that the prophets of God recognized the Father as their one and only God:

"Have we not all one father? Has not one God created us?" (Mal. 2:10, New King James Version)

The apostles also taught that the true God is the Father who is the creator of all things:

"Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we for him. (I Cor. 8:6, I bid)

The teachings of the prophets and the apostles are in accord with the teaching of Christ that the Father in heaven is the one true God:

"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour is come; Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You.

"And this is eternal life, that they might know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. (Jn. 17:1, 3, I bid)

Above all, God Himself left no doubts that there is no other God besides Him. This He declared through Prophet Isaiah:

"Tell and bring forth your case; yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I the Lord? And there is no God else besides Me, a just God and a Savior; there is none beside Me. (Is. 45:21, I bid)

Let us take note that the belief of those who uphold the Trinity doctrine cannot be found anywhere in the Holy Scriptures. On the other hand, the belief that there is only one true God, the Father in heaven, is proven time and again by the Bible. The father in heaven, not the Son or the Holy Spirit, is the God who should be recognized by all as the one true God.

Let us reject the Trinity doctrine and any religion that professes this belief since the belief in the triune God is both unchristian and unbiblical.
"The father in heaven, not the Son or the Holy Spirit, is the God who should be recognized by all as the one true God.
"
I agree with one.
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I never understood why the Trinity is such a hot topic.

I don't believe in the existence of the God of Abraham, but it seems to me that he is understood to be supremely transcendent and, according to some, his nature woud be inherently a mystery beyond mere human understanding.

For that reason, I don't think it even makes sense for humans to presume to know whether his identity is enumerable. To suggest that he "must be" one and only is to deny his transcendent nature.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I am sorry but, I am not too sure I got the meaning of your post above. Could you be implying that the crucifixion of Jesus was only in the imagination of the authors of the gospels?
No, what I question is how a guy who got turned into hamburger meat only ever seems to be portrayed post-resurrection as having a couple of nail holes only.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That's the problem. The fact that the covenant of laws and the one of grace excludes each other. IMHO, one must include the other. Why? Because the Law was given as a result of God's grace if you read the whole Psalm 119, the longest chapter in the Tanach.

I believe that is true but no matter how it was given the Covenant of Law is still a covenant of law.

I believe if one were just speaking of law and grace that would be true but I am speaking of covenants. No doubt a great deal of God's law is not temporal but eternal and comes through in grace.