• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God made any mistake ?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Take for example: Video-Game.

There's no thrill in a video-game until there's a villain in-front of hero :)

Even when human created a video-game to play, it was created with a villain inside it.
Otherwise, video-game would sound boring :)

There are a lot of good games without villains. I don't know what you are talking about.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
It seems very clear you put you self in Gods place and say what a God can or can not do. By doing that you put your self above God, and no man can do that.
It is impossible to know fully what a God think or have views on, from our human existance. So what you do is creating your own image of what you think a God is.

I know you will deny this :)

You haven't answered my question.
Do you see me putting myself in God's shoes and saying what God can or can't do when I define him as omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent or when I state what follows from that?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You haven't answered my question.
Do you see me putting myself in God's shoes and saying what God can or can't do when I define him as omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent or when I state what follows from that?
I say you put your self in the shoes of a God you do not believe in, and tell e anybody else what God is like.
That in my understanding is false speach from your part, since you can not know a God you do not believe exist :)

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I say you put your self in the shoes of a God you do not believe in, and tell e anybody else what God is like.
That in my understanding is false speach from your part, since you can not know a God you do not believe exist :)

You still haven't answered my question.
You keep repeating the same thing over and over but you don't answer my question.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes :)
Your guess 100% right.

Is there anything wrong in this ?

Some might say so.

There are those whose paths contain very specific teachings about their god that are defining characteristics of that path. Honoring those ways of thought is necessary to uphold the tradition or be a member of that tradition. I find this entirely fair. There is great power in the stories we tell, and the lessons that come out of telling the narrative that "god is perfect" are different than those that emerge from a narrative that doesn't establish that. It creates a different kind of relationship with a god, which can reverberate through someone's way of life as a whole.

I am more interested in the lessons that emerge from particular teachings than the teachings themselves. If your gods make mistakes (or don't), what does that mean for how you relate to your gods and how you live your life? What is the tangible result or application of this story? Interestingly, that can be variable. The same story can be interpreted and applied in different ways, adding another layer of complexity.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Yes i was you put you self in Gods shoes. Was that clear enough answer?

No! That's not even an answer. It is part of the question!

You say I am putting myself in God's shoes because I define God as omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent or because of what I say that follows from this definition? Which one?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
No! That's not even an answer. It is part of the question!

You say I am putting myself in God's shoes because I define God as omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent or because of what I say that follows from this definition? Which one?
Because you say if God accept evil as a part of our world he can not exist, you can not know that at all, so this is where you put your self in Gods place. You deside what a God can or can not do.

No human being who has not them self become enlightened can know or understand what a God truly think feel or mean about things. We just can not know. But we can gain some knowlede about it by study the Gods teaching. And to practice it our self.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The existence of evil is logically contradictory to God. It doesn't matter where the evil comes from. If God allows humans to do evil, God is not omnibenevolent and therefore doesn't exist.
Give it up for lost. God is not responsible for the evil humans do. Because God gave man free will, man is fully responsible for his actions.
Omnibenevolence entails by definition wanting evil not to exist (and good to exist) in a manner that nothing is more important than this.
God does not want evil to exist but God honors our free will choices. There is no way God can prevent evil without taking away our choices by overriding our free will with His will.

God has revealed His Laws so God has provided a way whereby evil could be eradicated from the face of the earth, but if man does not choose to follow God's Laws, that is on them, not on God. This is logic 101 stuff.

“God hath in that Book, and by His behest, decreed as lawful whatsoever He hath pleased to decree, and hath, through the power of His sovereign might, forbidden whatsoever He elected to forbid. To this testifieth the text of that Book. Will ye not bear witness? Men, however, have wittingly broken His law. Is such a behavior to be attributed to God, or to their proper selves? Be fair in your judgment. Every good thing is of God, and every evil thing is from yourselves. Will ye not comprehend? This same truth hath been revealed in all the Scriptures, if ye be of them that understand.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 149-150

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Because you say if God accept evil as a part of our world he can not exist, you can not know that at all, so this is where you put your self in Gods place. You deside what a God can or can not do.

No human being who has not them self become enlightened can know or understand what a God truly think feel or mean about things. We just can not know. But we can gain some knowlede about it by study the Gods teaching. And to practice it our self.

We can know that much because saying that God would accept evil in our world entails a logical contradicton. We don't need to put ourselves in God's shoes, we only need to make use of logic.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Give it up for lost. God is not responsible for the evil humans do. Because God gave man free will, man is fully responsible for his actions.

It doesn't matter if God is responsible for the evil humans do. It doesn't matter God gave man free will and they are responsible for their own actions because of that. Even if you are correct in both cases, it has nothing to do with my argument and its conclusion.

God does not want evil to exist but God honors our free will choices. There is no way God can prevent evil without taking away our choices by overriding our free will with His will.

God has revealed His Laws so God has provided a way whereby evil could be eradicated from the face of the earth, but if man does not choose to follow God's Laws, that is on them, not on God. This is logic 101 stuff.

“God hath in that Book, and by His behest, decreed as lawful whatsoever He hath pleased to decree, and hath, through the power of His sovereign might, forbidden whatsoever He elected to forbid. To this testifieth the text of that Book. Will ye not bear witness? Men, however, have wittingly broken His law. Is such a behavior to be attributed to God, or to their proper selves? Be fair in your judgment. Every good thing is of God, and every evil thing is from yourselves. Will ye not comprehend? This same truth hath been revealed in all the Scriptures, if ye be of them that understand.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 149-150

This point though does address my argument.
However, let me state that free will in itself is insuficient, you would need argue that giving free will irrespective of all evil that would come about is more benevolent than preventing evil. Is this what you want to argue?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Human logic does not work in heavenly realm where Gods are :) human logic only work in our physical universe.

Go ahead and make an argument for that, rather than making a mere statement out of the blue.
Let's see if you can make a case for that.