• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sententia

God doesn't need millions or billions of years to create things.

The Bible states "one day with God, is as a 1000 years on earth". The earth was created in 6 days (6,000 years), with one day of rest (1,000 years). Since that time until now, 6,000 years have also passed, making a total of 13,000 years.

If you look at the erosion of Niagra Falls from it's starting point and calculate the amount of feet eroded per year, times the total distance, you get the number of years Niagra Falls has been eroding, it's a simple equation. Niagra Park officials have stated that it has been eroding for around 12,000 years.

Evolutionists will cry "ICE AGE" every time I bring this up.

Hehe... So the earth and niagra falls were made at the same time? Do you follow your own reasoning?

rojse

RF Addict
What does that say about your theory that God is the Great Designer? If humans can use a computer to generate an image of great beauty, does that make them God?

Is the person who created this a God?

wallpaper-final-fantasy-x-yuna002-1024-936936.jpeg

They are when Final Fantasy X is one of my three favourite RPG's, and I have played the entire game multiple times, and put in a cumulative total of four hundred hours.

rojse

RF Addict
No not your god sorry. That would be Ra the ancient Sun god of Egypt :bow:

Humour aside, Azakel has a point here, FFH. You post up different examples of beauty, but how do you know this is evidence of the Christian creationist god that you worship, FFH, and not evidence for Ra, or any other god that has come from one of many varied belief systems that exist, for that matter?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Again, no proof. FFH please prove your particular god responsible for particular actions. Quotes from the bible won't work. Pictures of "beauty" won't work. Scientific phenomena won't work. How do you propose that there is EVIDENCE which can be viewed and inspected by any educated person and it would lead them to the definite conclusion that the Abrahamic god was responsible for all creation everywhere?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend FFH,
This is how in Sanatan Dharma there are so many gods.
Like you just created one god according to your own imagination.
If you believe in god and creation then one should be able to see that even the eyes through which he sees is god itself.
Yes, god seeing god but without *DESIRES*
If the seeing is through desires then surely the mind is active which means Satan looking towards god there is a divide, harmony is broken.
Love & rgds

FFH

Veteran Member
Hehe... So the earth and niagra falls were made at the same time? Do you follow your own reasoning?
On the second day of creation, 12,000 years ago, the waters were seperated, so that there were waters on the earth and waters above the earth.

On the 3rd day, the dry land apppeared, 11,000 years ago.

Niagra Falls has been eroding for about 12,000 years. I don't need anymore evidence than that, that the Abrahamic God is responsible for creation.

Last edited:

Sententia

On the second day of creation, 12,000 years ago, the waters were seperated, so that there were waters on the earth and waters above the earth.

Niagra Falls has been eroding for about 12,000 years. I don't need anymore evidence than that, that the Abrahamic God is responsible for creation.

You are going to recieve an F in geology mate. Any source on this? (Im guessing genesis but you never know)

Draka

Wonder Woman

Hmmm, and I guess the layers of sedimentary rock that go back as far as a couple billion years in the Grand Canyon mean nothing in comparison to that huh? :rolleyes: Yep, the Abrahamic god obviously created all there is because of Niagara Falls. Yep...that's the ticket.:sarcastic I'm convinced now. :rolleyes:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Niagara Falls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The features that became Niagara Falls were created by the Wisconsin glaciation, about 10,000 years ago. The same forces also created the North American Great Lakes and the Niagara River. All were dug by a continental ice sheet that drove through the area like a giant bulldozer, deepening some river channels to make lakes, and damming others with debris.

Yeah, that imaginary ice sheet didn't do all that...goddidit. :areyoucra

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
FFH, you can't accept one fact on that site, and completely neglect the next bulleted fact right after it.

Well, you're just not being fair. He should be able to pick and choose what facts he's going to pay attention to and what facts he's going to ignore as "made up by those silly scientists". Just like every other "Young-Earth Creationist" does. Why, if they didn't do that they might just have to face the fact that they are wrong...and they can't do that. God would get all ticked off and smite them if they did that. :rolleyes:

rojse

RF Addict
The thing that I don't get is how FFH has worked out ten thousand years for the age of a young-earth when the common consensus is six thousand years - or am I wrong in this regard?

Another point about young-earth creationism that I think important is that the reasoning used for that can be applied to Last Thursdayism, with some slight modifications (considering that we have an omniprescent and omnipotent God who apparently can create a world in six days, giving people made up memories doesn't seem like much of a jump.)

Masourga

This is a ridiculous statement anyway. The ROCKS under the water that you're saying have been eroded are a part of the "DRY LAND" you say appeared only 11,000 years ago. Making the actual erosion having occurred from 11,000 years on... not 12,000. The fact that it is 12,000 by anyone's account would make your account 1,000 years off. Or one "day", right? So, for the whole of Niagra Falls to be 12,000 years old (the land part and the water part) they would have BOTH been created on the 2nd day.

Trey of Diamonds

The thing that I don't get is how FFH has worked out ten thousand years for the age of a young-earth when the common consensus is six thousand years - or am I wrong in this regard?

As mentioned, he picks and chooses as he pleases. As a UU I fully support his decision to do so. :D

Draka

Wonder Woman

Another point about young-earth creationism that I think important is that the reasoning used for that can be applied to Last Thursdayism, with some slight modifications (considering that we have an omniprescent and omnipotent God who apparently can create a world in six days, giving people made up memories doesn't seem like much of a jump.)

Well, he says 13,000 years old, he's basing his 12,000 on that water and earth were seperated on the 2nd "day"...so 1000 years had already passed before he's saying Niagara was created. Now, his reasoning behind that, as while the dating in the rest of the bible he takes literally, he takes the "days" in Genesis as being "a thousand years to a day", meaning that it took 7000 years for god to create everything, not "our" 7 days. He says 1000 years is a "day" to god so Genesis was referring to "god's days". Now adding up all the time in the rest of the bible gives you about 6000 years up to now. That's why most of the time you hear that the Earth is 6000 years old from these whackadoos. He just adds it all together and comes up with 13,000. He's doing what they all do. Making up stuff just so he can consider himself right and his little bubble of belief doesn't pop. :rolleyes:

Sententia

"The Falls at Niagara are about 12,000 years old"

Quote from this page: Facts and Information about Niagara Falls - Niagara Falls Canada

Aye... but we dont use niagara falls to measure the age of the earth? Scientists can say with a high level of confidence how those falls were formed, when and why. If you continued to read the page you linked you would see that.

Do you think they are lying or that it is a conspiracy?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
We are "nothing," "even less than the dust of the earth".

Hel. 12
7 O how great is the nothingness of the children of men; yea, even they are less than the dust of the earth.

8 For behold, the dust of the earth moveth hither and thither, to the dividing asunder, at the command of our great and everlasting God.
What an awful sentiment.

God doesn't need millions or billions of years to create things.
No, but He doesn't need to rush things either, does He?

The Bible states "one day with God, is as a 1000 years on earth". The earth was created in 6 days (6,000 years), with one day of rest (1,000 years). Since that time until now, 6,000 years have also passed, making a total of 13,000 years.

If you look at the erosion of Niagra Falls from it's starting point and calculate the amount of feet eroded per year, times the total distance, you get the number of years Niagra Falls has been eroding, it's a simple equation. Niagra Park officials have stated that it has been eroding for around 12,000 years.

Evolutionists will cry "ICE AGE" every time I bring this up.
Yes, because that's the actual explanation. 12,000 years ago, a glacier covered the area where the Niagara river is now, and Lake Maumee (the predecessor to Lake Erie) flowed westerly into Lake Chicago (generally in the same area as southern Lake Michigan), not easterly into Lake Ontario like it does now.

BTW: if this weren't true, Hill Cumorah would not exist. The same glacier that blocked the path of the Niagara River was responsible for creating the many drumlins in southern Ontario and Western New York, including Hill Cumorah.

FFH

Veteran Member
There is no proof that any glacier or ice age existed, it's only a theory. There is proof, however, that Niagara Falls have been flowing for about 12,000 years. God formed the Great Lakes, not a glacier.

Ice age and glaciers are only theories, not truth.

Facts and Information about Niagara Falls - Niagara Falls Canada

From the link above...

Fact
"The Falls at Niagara are about 12,000 years old"

False Theory
"Falls were formed when melting glaciers formed massive fresh-water lakes (the Great Lakes) one of which (Lake Erie) ran downhill toward another (Lake Ontario). The rushing waters carved out a river in their descent and at one point passed over a steep cliff like formation (the Niagara escarpment). From the original falls going over the Niagara Escarpment, the water began to wear its way back up the river. The path that it left is known today as the Niagara Gorge (a deeply-cut and very scenic river path)."

The Niagara Gorge is the result of 12,000 years of erosion, not the result of a melting glacier. The 12,000 year figure is based on the amount of feet eroded from the falls each year. The time frame could be less than this, if the speed of erosion was faster in the past, for instance, because of a world wide flood, which would decrease the age of the Falls to LESS than 12,000 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.