• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Dinosaurs Live With Man?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Yes, but were you being sarcastic in post #1?

By the way, you do know, don't you, that those Peruvian drawings of men and dinosaurs together have been identified as the work of a Peruvian peasant living in the 1950s? I mean, you've researched this enough to know they are fakes by now, right?
Oh! Were the Ica stones in the video? They're one of my favorite hoaxes!
Ica Stones - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon

To be honest the "stegosaurus" looks nothing like a stegosaurus and the "plates" on its back looks like someone just continued the border pattern seen on the rest of the carving.
The other "dinosaurs" are much to vague to make out as anything specific. :sarcastic

Also, it's not as if Ankor Wat is lacking in strange carvings and statues.

A turtle with big nasty teeth.
292x300..angkor6.jpg

A... thing? Of some kind? I dunno...
IMG_3826__t_w800.jpg

Sorry for being sceptic but I think we'll need a little more than that to "revive" dinos to a newer date. ;)

bhaktajan

The story goes [aka, it is written in the Vedas]:

At the end of "Kali-yuga" [aka, the last of four ages, as per the Vedas; which arrives once every 4,320,000 years] . . . gradually as the age of Kali-yuga passes by (kali lasts 432,000 years; of which 5,000 have passed) mankind will eventually become reduced to pygmies and will eat their young; whilst, retiles will grow to be giants. This is due to a bio-ological de-evolution due to loss of all spiritual & mental insight and an over-abundance of concominant of NON-LIFE-Sustaining bio-diversity [Yes, IMO, Alfred Hitchcock & Micheal Crieton probably read the Vedas too.]

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
To be honest the "stegosaurus" looks nothing like a stegosaurus and the "plates" on its back looks like someone just continued the border pattern seen on the rest of the carving.
The other "dinosaurs" are much to vague to make out as anything specific. :sarcastic

I've often heard that the "plates" on the top/around that figure are leaves in the background. Additionally the figure appears to have ears and a horn....:eek:...Now that doesn't sound anything like a stegosaurus.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
I've often heard that the "plates" on the top/around that figure are leaves in the background. Additionally the figure appears to have ears and a horn....:eek:...Now that doesn't sound anything like a stegosaurus.

Yeah... one would really have to be grasping at straws to think of that as evidence that humans and dinosaurs lived together... :facepalm:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The story goes [aka, it is written in the Vedas]:

At the end of "Kali-yuga" [aka, the last of four ages, as per the Vedas; which arrives once every 4,320,000 years] . . . gradually as the age of Kali-yuga passes by (kali lasts 432,000 years; of which 5,000 have passed) mankind will eventually become reduced to pygmies and will eat their young; whilst, retiles will grow to be giants. This is due to a bio-ological de-evolution due to loss of all spiritual & mental insight and an over-abundance of concominant of NON-LIFE-Sustaining bio-diversity [Yes, IMO, Alfred Hitchcock & Micheal Crieton probably read the Vedas too.]

...uh, where in the Vedas does it say THAT?!

De-evolution is a biological impossibility.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle

A turtle with big nasty teeth.
292x300..angkor6.jpg
Hybrid critters are pretty common in mythology... this one looks like it's part cat... though the pic isn't the best quality.
A... thing? Of some kind? I dunno...
IMG_3826__t_w800.jpg

Sorry for being sceptic but I think we'll need a little more than that to "revive" dinos to a newer date. ;)
This is a Rakshasha... a demon common to Hindu and Buddhist mythology. :rolleyes:

wa:do

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Hybrid critters are pretty common in mythology... this one looks like it's part cat... though the pic isn't the best quality.

A cat-turtle!!! Awesome! I want one! :D
It would OWN Youtube!!!

This is a Rakshasha... a demon common to Hindu and Buddhist mythology. :rolleyes:

I thought the Rakshasha had the head of a tiger?
O well, maybe that is supposed to be the head of a tiger... :sarcastic

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I thought the Rakshasha had the head of a tiger?
O well, maybe that is supposed to be the head of a tiger... :sarcastic

I think the tiger-head thing is specific to the Monster Manual. Rakshasas make up the primary antagonists of the Ramayana, and as far as I've seen, they aren't described as having tiger-heads.

Youtellme

I'm confused now. I thought you believed that Genesis is literally true, and that belief was important to you. No?
I don't believe the days were litteraly 24 hours long but rather epochs of time where certain things happened within those periods/times. Much like the scientific view Timeline of evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When it says God made something, it may allow for the possibilty that they evolved to eventually get to the state they are in now, or in the Genesis account.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
I think the tiger-head thing is specific to the Monster Manual. Rakshasas make up the primary antagonists of the Ramayana, and as far as I've seen, they aren't described as having tiger-heads.

Well, alright, but I still want a cat-turtle... :sarcastic

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yeah... one would really have to be grasping at straws to think of that as evidence that humans and dinosaurs lived together... :facepalm:

Right. The human mind is full of interpretation to that which it sees but does not understand.

Case in point:

Is that a helicopter, spaceship, plane, flying car, submarine etc. in the picture or is that what the mind is telling us through interpretation of the visible data? When you research this gem it become quite clear it isn't any of the above.

This is just an example everyone.....I don't want to start a new conversation taking the thread off course.

Youtellme

Right. The human mind is full of interpretation to that which it sees but does not understand.

Case in point:

Is that a helicopter, spaceship, plane, flying car, submarine etc. in the picture or is that what the mind is telling us through interpretation of the visible data? When you research this gem it become quite clear it isn't any of the above.

This is just an example everyone.....I don't want to start a new conversation taking the thread off course.

It's a bomber!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I don't believe the days were litteraly 24 hours long but rather epochs of time where certain things happened within those periods/times. Much like the scientific view Timeline of evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When it says God made something, it may allow for the possibilty that they evolved to eventually get to the state they are in now, or in the Genesis account.
So you do accept the Theory of Evolution? Or not?