• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Dinosaurs Live With Man?

Dezzie

Uh... no, they didn't. All the evidence points to them becoming extinct roughly 65 million years ago. Birds are the modern decedents of the survivors. There is no real evidence that they existed alongside mankind.

So... how can you say no, they didn't when there is no real proof either way? I personally believe it is a possibility.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
So... how can you say no, they didn't when there is no real proof either way? I personally believe it is a possibility.

The evidence is pretty darned definitive, that the possibility is less than .00000000000000000000001%.

All the evidence points to us not existing alongside dinosaurs, and there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that we have coexisted.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Yes Dinosaurs did live with men. I believe it was in Jurassic park, and if I remember well, it resulted in a few men being served as the main course.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Dinosaurs definitely lived with man. Oh, and Jesus' mom was a virgin. Oh, and Noah got two of every animal on his ark before the whole world was flooded. Oh, and Frodo carried the Ring of Power to Mount Doom.

Make-believe is fun.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Since creationists believe dinosaurs lived with man I wonder if they have a problem with same sex dinosaurs living with man? If so, would it be more acceptable if it were called civil unions instead? :shrug:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I'm leaning towards Biologos.

That's interesting, and irrelevant. You continue to confuse evolution with atheism. I asked you to please make sure you understood the distinction a long time ago, but I see you don't. My question is not a religious or philosophical one; it's scientific. Do you accept that the ToE accurately explains the diversity of species on earth, or not?

It's not a question about God, Youtellme, but about how God, if any, created the diversity of life.

I'm not asking what you believe about God. I'm asking what you believe about the natural world.

btw, Dr. Collins, Professor BioLogos, is a leading evolutionist. Does that help you understand what I'm trying to convey?

crimsonlung

Thought I'd watch this for a laugh and laugh I did until I got to a part in the video which depicts what actually look like dinosuars in ancient art. (at 3.35) Now, I'm sure there is some sort of explanation for this, but none the less, I thought it was intersting. What do you guys think?
[youtube]zJAii5n0KIo[/youtube]
YouTube - Did Dinosaurs Live With Man? Laughable?

So was all art back then relative in size? I mean, we have a painting of the Mona Lisa, but it doesn;t mean that Mona Lisa was 15 feet tall. Maybe the art was actually that of a lizard, only magnified in the art piece itself.