• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Dinosaurs Live With Man?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
In reference to the OP, the petroglyph at 3:35 in the video is pretty ambiguous at best. It's a stylized lizard and many of the pics online have outlined the animal's shape deceptively. Here's the actual petroglyph (and a larger version here):
petroglyph.jpg

And here's the same petroglyph as presented by the creationist site Genesis Park:
GenesisPark.jpg

GenPark.jpg

And here's the actual petroglyph outlined with what's actually there:
Petrolicious.jpg

Nothing too mysterious. It's a stylized depiction of a lizard, a zoomorph commonly represented in ancient Pueblo people's art:
Anasazi.jpg

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thought I'd watch this for a laugh and laugh I did until I got to a part in the video which depicts what actually look like dinosuars in ancient art. (at 3.35) Now, I'm sure there is some sort of explanation for this, but none the less, I thought it was intersting. What do you guys think?

Have any dinosaur bones been found mixed with human bones?__________

RedOne77

LOL. Chalk up yet another skewed and misguided creation vid.

Well I'm quite sure early man on occasion ran across bones and fossils like the vid mentions. However unlike the narrator implies, I'm quite sure early man wasn't as dumb in their day due to the fact were just as smart if not smarter in some aspects by way of constructing the pyramids, the prediction of the atom some time around 500 b.c. by the ancient Greeks and such, and to some extent, I would say were reasonably able to able to piece together an idea or two on what they came across in way of dinosaur fragments, not to mention embellishing their findings and imaginations for various reasons.

Good point. The ancient Greeks had a version of evolution, nothing like the modern biological one mind you, but the idea that species/kinds go extinct and give rise to new kinds was certainly an idea that was around. I'm afraid I don't know how popular it was among the intellectuals and I don't know any specifics. :(

Also, one idea that I've encountered that I rather like is that certain bones were interpreted as giant beasts and gave rise to many of the mythological creatures we have today. An elephant skull sure looks like a cyclops; and a narwhal horn is like a unicorn's. Find a bunch of huge bones and it must have belonged to a mythological creature of old. Add in the fact that many cultures combined lore, history and mythology (even in the middle ages with their bestiaries), and such doesn't sound too far fetched.

Youtellme

Sure! Science is bunk, and completely useless for figuring out anything about the natural world. Snakes can talk, and a person can live inside a fish for days. Dinosaurs and people co-existed, and the first woman was made from a rib-ectomy.
See post 34.:yes:

Amill

Apikoros
Thought I'd watch this for a laugh and laugh I did until I got to a part in the video which depicts what actually look like dinosuars in ancient art. (at 3.35) Now, I'm sure there is some sort of explanation for this, but none the less, I thought it was intersting. What do you guys think?
[youtube]zJAii5n0KIo[/youtube]
YouTube - Did Dinosaurs Live With Man? Laughable?

If you'd have watched Role Models you'd know that we still live with dinosaurs:p

Hey, did you know that dinosaurs are not extinct? Because birds are dinosaurs. And they're everywhere. I gotta pee. I really gotta pee.

Youtellme

So far, I've only read two possible explanations of these drawings. Most just think it's turd, straight off the mark. Very well reasoned people.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
:facepalm: Duh, you think!? So was I! Sorry to break that to you....:D

Yes, but were you being sarcastic in post #1?

By the way, you do know, don't you, that those Peruvian drawings of men and dinosaurs together have been identified as the work of a Peruvian peasant living in the 1950s? I mean, you've researched this enough to know they are fakes by now, right?

Youtellme

Yes, but were you being sarcastic in post #1?

By the way, you do know, don't you, that those Peruvian drawings of men and dinosaurs together have been identified as the work of a Peruvian peasant living in the 1950s? I mean, you've researched this enough to know they are fakes by now, right?

I wasn't being sarcastic in post 1. I was being sarcastic to your subsequent flippant remark. Seemed to have worked!:p
And on your second point, I never said anything about whether I thought they were real or not, just wanted people's thoughts...and anyway, what about all the other art? Same Peruvian peasant?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wasn't being sarcastic in post 1. I was being sarcastic to your subsequent flippant remark. Seemed to have worked!:p
And on your second point, I never said anything about whether I thought they were real or not, just wanted people's thoughts...and anyway, what about all the other art? Same Peruvian peasant?

As I recall, the art has been traced to the 1950s. But simply take a good look at it! It depicts dinosaurs as they were thought to look circa 1950, not as they most likely did look. For instance, in the Peruvian art, dinosaurs drag their tails. There are, however, hundreds of fossilized dinosaur tracks and not even one shows a dinosaur of any species dragging its tail. I could go on, but you really need to research this better yourself.

Last edited: