• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demoratic Party-Home of Zombies!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In fact, Biden and Kamala can be compared to Frankenstien and his bride!

Kamala claims to be an Afro-American. Judge for yourself.

Ask Biden about race and his past offensive remarks about Vitanmese refugees.

It really is ashame that the democrats have not chosen a viable opposition Candidate. It is going to be another Trump electoral victory by a landslide

These are leftist with no sense of history.

I always find it amusing that people refer to Republicans as rascist,when in fact Southern Democrats historicaly blocked civil rights laws.
The above is all a joke, right?

BTW, with the last item, after the Civil Rights Acts in the 1960's were passed, "Southern Democrats" en masse converted over to the Republican Party over the next couple of decades. It's also why the KKK and those who believe in white supremacy overwhelmingly support Trump. And you might check this out from a non-partisan source: Racial views of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

However, my guess is that you really won't check it out.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I always find it amusing that people refer to Republicans as rascist,when in fact Southern Democrats historicaly blocked civil rights laws. Earl Warrens Supreme Court(Republican) were trailblazers in striking down laws whose underpinnings were seprate but equal.
So why is it republicans who revere confederate flags and statues?

Mike.Hester

The above is all a joke, right?

BTW, with the last item, after the Civil Rights Acts in the 1960's were passed, "Southern Democrats" en masse converted over to the Republican Party over the next couple of decades. It's also why the KKK and those who believe in white supremacy overwhelmingly support Trump. And you might check this out from a non-partisan source: Racial views of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

However, my guess is that you really won't check it out.
Fact check: Democrats hold Senate filibuster record, 75 days in 1964

Democrats held the nation’s longest filibuster for 75 days to attempt to prevent the passing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Fact check: Democrats hold Senate filibuster record, 75 days in 1964

Southern Democrats held the nation’s longest filibuster for 75 days to attempt to prevent the passing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Yep, southern democrats weren't fans of the civil rights act. They preferred segregation, states rights, etc. The south wasn't progressive in 1964. Wasn't progressive in 1860 either.

In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.[4]
Southern strategy - Wikipedia

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
We know what forces King Donald serves:

trump-hellfire.jpg

Stuffed with asbestos.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
They're just there to keep the slaves on the plantation.

It was the Dixiecrates on the way to become Republicans all accross the South.

Southern Democrats - Wikipedia.

Southern Democrats are members of the U.S. Democratic Party who reside in the Southern United States.

In the 19th century, Southern Democrats were whites in the South who believed in Jacksonian democracy. In the 1850s they defended slavery in the United States, and promoted its expansion into the West against northern Free Soil opposition. The United States presidential election of 1860 formalized the split in the Democratic Party and brought about the American Civil War. Stephen Douglas was the candidate for the Northern Democratic Party, and John C. Breckinridge represented the Southern Democratic Party, Abraham Lincoln, who opposed slavery was the Republican Party candidate. [1] After Reconstruction ended in the late 1870s so-called redeemers controlled all the Southern states and disenfranchised blacks (who were Republicans). The "Solid South" gave nearly all its electoral votes to Democrats in presidential elections. Republicans seldom were elected to office outside some Appalachian mountain districts and a few heavily German-American counties of Texas.

The monopoly that the Democratic Party held over most of the South first showed major signs of breaking apart in 1948, when many white Southern Democrats, upset by the policies of desegregation enacted during the administration of Democratic President Harry Truman, created the States Rights Democratic Party, which nominated South Carolina Governor Strom Thurmond for President. The "Dixiecrats" won most of the deep South (where Truman was not on the ballot). The new party collapsed after the election, while Thurmond became a Republican in the 1960s. Following the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, which were signed by President Lyndon B. Johnson, although a southern Democrat himself, led to heavy opposition from both Southern Democrats and Southern Republicans. Subsequent to the passage of civil rights legislation, many white southerners switched to the Republican Party at the national level. Many scholars argue that Southern whites shifted to the Republican Party due to racial conservatism.[2][3][4] Many continued to vote for Democrats at the state and local levels, especially before the Republican Revolution of 1994. In 2000–10, Republicans gained a solid advantage over Democrats at all levels of politics in most Southern states.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
It was the Dixiecrates on the way to become Republicans all accross the South.
My response was to point out that the democrats are the ones who keep saying, "voting for a 3rd party is throwing away your vote." ;) They are basically keeping the slaves on the plantation (upper right sector) by doing this.

tytlyf

Not Religious
The point being, historically it has been the democrats who are the real racist, starting withW:Wilson.
Not the last 50 years.
That changed when conservatives decided to start voting republican. (see southern strategy)

Prior to that, the southern democrat party was very racist. Party of KKK, slavery, etc.
The racism goes wherever the conservative goes.
In history, conservatives voted demokkkrat. Then they voted republikkkan.
If conservatives never voted demokkkrat in the past, the party would never have been part of racism or slavery. Don't you understand that? No where are progressives involved. Only conservatives.

tytlyf

Not Religious
My response was to point out that the democrats are the ones who keep saying, "voting for a 3rd party is throwing away your vote." ;) They are basically keeping the slaves on the plantation (upper right sector) by doing this.
"Slaves on the plantation" refers to the conservative demokkkrat party. Why would democrats today say anything about "slaves on a plantation?" The only people I hear talking about the democratic plantation are RW gossip queens like Hannity and Rush.
Those 2 clowns will never tell you that the demokkkrats were conservatives.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"Slaves on the plantation" refers to the conservative demokkkrat party. Why would democrats today say anything about "slaves on a plantation?" The only people I hear talking about the democratic plantation are RW gossip queens like Hannity and Rush.
Even as a non American person it is easy to see that Republicans saying bad things about Democrats, and that the Republicans blaming Democrats for what Republicans actually stand for them self. It's opposite negativity because know they have no solid plan for 2020. So they blame Democrats for their own fault. Trump is expert on blaming others for his own fault and short coming, plus trumps kindergarten mentality of speaking bad about everyone who does not agree with him. Name calling and false speech..

Dang it, and I said I was not going to comment on political topic in RF anymore....:(

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

It is the conservatives of the South that made every effort to keep the slaves on the plantation regardless of the party theey called themselves.

Acturally false, both parties abhore third parties when it hurts their chances for election.In the 1948 election it was the Dixie crates of the South that form a third party to run Strom Thurmond, and it splite the conservative vote.. It was of course fruitless when Woodrow Wilson won the election anyway.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
lolololz! Do I look like a right wing gossip queen? o_O I do agree with you that the Biden/Harris Democrat ticket is conservative, through and through.

Mike.Hester

Are you honestly suggesting that it's republicans who support BLM and the removal of confederate flags and monuments from state flags and land? :rolleyes:

Trying to draw such parallels is disingenuous and desperate.
Have you done a survey? What Republicans have you spoken to?Mississippi, a very conservative state changed their state flag and got rid of the rebel flag.