• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demonic entities, ever been attacked?

sapphire

thanks for the tip on "sleep paralysis" as i looked it up on the website, and as i was reading the details, it seems a bit simular, but i was completely awake, and aware of my surroundings, i was completely aware of what the enity was doing to me against my will, as it physically held me down in bed, the feeling of physically being touched (which freaked me out).

*the book of shadows*
succubus - an enity/demon that seduce female witches, to hold them down, during or after sleeping hours.

continuing reply: i have other friends of families who explained to me the same thing that had happen to them, but with more details. some friends experienced this enity maniefesting, blowing in their ears, although the windows of the home was closed? others were attacked/seduced, until a sister witch had to do a banishing spell. as a psychic, i know whenever i feel the presence of a sprit/enity/deity

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
sapphire said:
continuing reply: i have other friends of families who explained to me the same thing that had happen to them, but with more details. some friends experienced this enity maniefesting, blowing in their ears, although the windows of the home was closed? others were attacked/seduced, until a sister witch had to do a banishing spell. as a psychic, i know whenever i feel the presence of a sprit/enity/deity
I saw mine - on several occasions - he hugged me once. It felt like someone wrapping me in a blanket. I've felt him standing by the bed on several occasions.
Someone was doing a study I participated in on the subject...I don't have the link anymore, but everything you're describing is considered classic symptoms of sleep paralysis. EVERYTHING.
I think you'll find current thinking is that the idea of the succubus is was spawned by sleep paralysis in a time when there was no natural explaination. While it's a wonderful thing to believe in there being more to the world than we can see, I will never understand the mindset that rejects a rational explaination for something well documented in favour of a supernatural one that is unecessary.
Interesting definition you've got there of succubus though...considering a succubus is generally defined as a female entity attacking men while they sleep. Perhaps you should get that book of shadows a dictionary.
I believe the word you're looking for is incubus, and attacks by these are not confined to witches.

Flappycat

*shrugs* I sometimes wake up unable to move or open my eyes, but, since it doesn't seem to affect my health or psyche, I don't attend much to it. I generally just chill out, play around in my head. I honestly don't see why people read so much into such phenomena. I recall an episode of Stargate in which a barber several miles away chronically recalled the experiences of the group's commander. He ended up freaking out, breaking up with his family, and generally making a mess of his life. When he eventually confronted the person whose experiences he was sharing, the audience discovered that the commander had also been sharing the barber's experiences for quite some time. However, the commander's reaction to it was very different from that of the barber: when asked why he never mentioned the phenomenon, he said "I found them...pleasant." To me, this could be taken as a parable of two very different ways that people react to interruptions of normal experience. What is it that causes some of us to see demons and spirits and others to see a charming curiosity? Is it a difference in our philosophies, or is it a difference that can be traced back to the very kindling of consciousness within ourselves?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Flappycat said:
*shrugs* I sometimes wake up unable to move or open my eyes, but, since it doesn't seem to affect my health or psyche, I don't attend much to it. I generally just chill out, play around in my head. I honestly don't see why people read so much into such phenomena. I recall an episode of Stargate in which a barber several miles away chronically recalled the experiences of the group's commander. He ended up freaking out, breaking up with his family, and generally making a mess of his life. When he eventually confronted the person whose experiences he was sharing, the audience discovered that the commander had also been sharing the barber's experiences for quite some time. However, the commander's reaction to it was very different from that of the barber: when asked why he never mentioned the phenomenon, he said "I found them...pleasant." To me, this could be taken as a parable of two very different ways that people react to interruptions of normal experience. What is it that causes some of us to see demons and spirits and others to see a charming curiosity? Is it a difference in our philosophies, or is it a difference that can be traced back to the very kindling of consciousness within ourselves?
I dont know Flap...I found my perception of the experience changed progressively as it continued. The first one was as scary as hell, eventually the 'presence' became comforting. All this when I didn't even know what the hell I was actually experiencing. And I run the whole gamut of symptoms, from common as muck to extremely unusual and apparently not feeling fear anymore is almost unheard of, even if you know what's actually happening.
I can pick the beginnings of an episode as I'm dropping off to sleep these days and generally manage to cut it off at the pass so to speak. The last one I had on waking I was just like,'Oh, not this **** again, I have to answer the phone because no other bugger will.'

Flappycat

Quoth_The _Raven said:
I dont know Flap...I found my perception of the experience changed progressively as it continued. The first one was as scary as hell, eventually the 'presence' became comforting. All this when I didn't even know what the hell I was actually experiencing. And I run the whole gamut of symptoms, from common as muck to extremely unusual and apparently not feeling fear anymore is almost unheard of, even if you know what's actually happening.
I can pick the beginnings of an episode as I'm dropping off to sleep these days and generally manage to cut it off at the pass so to speak. The last one I had on waking I was just like,'Oh, not this **** again, I have to answer the phone because no other bugger will.'
Hmm, have you tried becoming completely self-absorbed?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Well, I've spent a couple of entertaining hours reading all 27 pages of this thread, and I must say the thing that amused me most, was the way the type of vehicle which had its window shattered changed from a van, to a bus, to a car. The secret to a good yarn is all in the details... ;)

Bishka

Veteran Member
Bastet said:
Well, I've spent a couple of entertaining hours reading all 27 pages of this thread, and I must say the thing that amused me most, was the way the type of vehicle which had its window shattered changed from a van, to a bus, to a car. The secret to a good yarn is all in the details... ;)

You know, I didn't notice that. Good eye.:clap :bonk:

lunamoth

Will to love
Bastet said:

And I was about to read all 27 pages and you've gone and spoiled the punchline! :D

lunamoth

sapphire

thanks for correcting my spelling, but the outcome what happen to me, stays unchanged. yes, incubus and succubus enities both share the same mainfesations as of "holding the down part, among males and females. besides it begin seductive, it tried to choke me, as i grabbed onto my protective amulet, enchanting words to get this enity from off of me. i try not to think about it anymore, cause i don't want that thing to sneak back in my bed, and try banishing it all over again. :shout -bright blessings-

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Well, Will just walked into the kitchen, said Bloody Mary 3 times, walked back out, then came back with two red foil wrapped Easter Eggs wedged into his eyes shrieking,'It's TRUE!!!'

Does that count?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
sapphire said:
thanks for correcting my spelling, but the outcome what happen to me, stays unchanged. yes, incubus and succubus enities both share the same mainfesations as of "holding the down part, among males and females. besides it begin seductive, it tried to choke me, as i grabbed onto my protective amulet, enchanting words to get this enity from off of me. i try not to think about it anymore, cause i don't want that thing to sneak back in my bed, and try banishing it all over again. :shout -bright blessings-
Yes, I can see how it would have been an easy typo.