• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats Push For New Voting Rights Act.

esmith

Veteran Member
That says nothing about the hardships many have faced. All that does is add additional evidence to the fact 2020 was a highly charged election. Everyone turned out in higher numbers.
So, there was no voter suppression in 2020 and therefore no need for this bill, correct?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
So you deny that voter ID has caused issues for Natives, who sometimes aren't put through our norms amd don't get a birth certificate and have harder times getting an ID.
(your comment to someone else but I'm replying)

I didn't know about that! Good to know, and we definitely should have all indigenous voting if they are eligible. I believe in the constitutionality* of the right to vote.

I don't like that Republicans can point to the lax requirements for voting, and I don't like the feeling that they could be right. I want to know that requirements are reasonable. The reputation of our voting system is very important to me. I do recognize that the Republicans are not to be trusted, not at all. Everything testifies of this truth from our crazy voting partitions to the fiasco of the Republicans trying to get fake electors pushed through to the Watergate scandal. They are red handed. They are microfocusing upon ID's and completely ignoring how voting systems are so terrible. When I vote I walk away with no record, no receipt, nothing. That isn't Ok. What we need are guarantees, and we don't have them. This means its not about ID's but about much more.

I find it difficult to believe that getting an ID is difficult, but I do recognize the argument that requiring one may be unconstitutional -- if it is difficult or a burden or is possibly disenfranchising a group. Even so, I wish to know for sure that the vote is secure, and I feel like it isn't. Its not just voter ID's but computer systems that are lacking. I think that we, in the 20th and 21st centuries, have a new understanding of the constitution which originally only helped wealthy males to vote. Constitutionality* is changing with new understanding of what makes the country more unified.

Take the computers out. The lawmakers are incompetent. They have me putting my votes into machines that give no receipts. I don't appreciate it, and I don't give two farts about voter ID's. I present my voter ID, but then they might bin my vote. What do I care if indigenous people are allowed to vote without an ID? My situation seems much worse, but the Republicans aren't paying any attention.

*When I refer to constitutionality I may be referring to the letter or I may be referring to that which forms a more perfect union. To me the paper should align with what forms a more perfect union, not the reverse.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I find it difficult to believe that getting an ID is difficult, but I do recognize the argument that requiring one may be unconstitutional -- if it is difficult or a burden or is possibly disenfranchising a group. Even so, I wish to know for sure that the vote is secure, and I feel like it isn't. Its not just voter ID's but computer systems that are lacking. I think that we, in the 20th and 21st centuries, have a new understanding of the constitution which originally only helped wealthy males to vote. Constitutionality* is changing with new understanding of what makes the country more unified.
I agree with everything but this. How can this be an issue when we're the only Western nation that has such rigidness and hurdles and lengthy waits to vote. They don't have issues, they have secure and free elections that aren't burdensome.
Ultimately election fraud is very high risk and very little pay off. It's safer and more effective to be a lobbyist if you want to influence the state. It tends to get the serious players further than trying to stuff ballots ever would.