• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democracy, a lost cause

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Faith is faithfulness to Knowledge. There is no separation in a healthy mind.
Faith is believing in something completely without proof. Knowledge is awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation. To say "faith in knowledge" is to believe completely in the awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation. Or complete, absolute trust in facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education. Where would any god fit into that?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't know about it being a lost cause, but I sure wish more people living under it valued it.
It tends to leave a bad taste in one's mouth when "democracy" opens the windows wide open so the Church can throw out your rights and liberties, teach kids fantasies as science, and addresses teenage pregnancy by lying about condoms and female sexuality, and putting teens and adults at higher risk of not practicing safe sex.
I'd rather not live in a democracy, and appreciate some of the checks and balances that kept the local-level state democracy in Indiana from keeping a bill that would have protected religious-based discrimination as a right.

DavidFirth

Once the human race is more evolved, we might learn. Until then the debate in my mind is between parliamentary and presidential systems.

All I see is humans becoming more and more evil over the years. If this is evolution I want no part of it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
All I see is humans becoming more and more evil over the years. If this is evolution I want no part of it.
We've actually been becoming less and less violent over the years. For most of the world, the chances of being violently killed have never been lower. It's even been several decades since any wars between/among European nations.

DavidFirth

We've actually been becoming less and less violent over the years. For most of the world, the chances of being violently killed have never been lower. It's even been several decades since any wars between/among European nations.

Yep. Tell that to the folks in the Middle East, the Jews killed in WW2, etc.

If you think things are looking up you've been sadly misled.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I believe that there is a dark cloud hanging over European nations and the West in general.

Democracy is the last thing that the creators of this dark cloud would wish to thrive.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yep. Tell that to the folks in the Middle East, the Jews killed in WW2, etc.

If you think things are looking up you've been sadly misled.
WW2 is a part of that "Europe hasn't been at war with amongst each other for several decades, and I said " most of the world" because I know the Middle East and Northern Africa are not nearly as peaceful as nearly the rest of the world has become.
Democracy is the last thing that the creators of this dark cloud would wish to thrive.
Actually, this "dark cloud" you're so terrified of would want Democracy because that just means all they have to do is obtain a simply majority rather than having to leap over the systems of checks, balances, and other laws that have left the world with very few direct/pure democracies. Democracy is ****, and the Founding Fathers were rather smart for seeing that all it takes if 51% to repress the other 49% and wanting to avoid setting up America as a democracy.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Actually, this "dark cloud" you're so terrified of would want Democracy because that just means all they have to do is obtain a simply majority rather than having to leap over the systems of checks, balances, and other laws that have left the world with very few direct/pure democracies. Democracy is ****, and the Founding Fathers were rather smart for seeing that all it takes if 51% to repress the other 49% and wanting to avoid setting up America as a democracy.

They will use democracy for as long as it suits them, then it will be discarded.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member