• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Debt Relief for Unpaid Government Workers!

Do you support debt relief to keep unpaid government employees working?

• Yes: Unpaid government workers should get debt relief.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No: Unpaid government workers should not get debt relief.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
While that is true, I'd rather not give more money to the drug cartels who would no doubt prey upon the desperate and offer safe, and relatively first class passage through the boarder. Pretty much any solution will have to consider how it will effect the cartels, as they are an epicenter of violence and drugs coming from Mexico (and within). And they are already beating walls where they exist, with devices as simple as a catapult to launch contraband into America.
We also have to consider the consequences. If all undocumented workers were deported today, we could expect our food situation to get abit hairy for awhile with costs going up to make up the difference from going from cheap illegal labor to at least minimum wage legal labor. And, of course, though agriculture may potentially bear the biggest blow, there would be a lot of work that wouldn't be getting done. Of course 100% deportation is extreme and highly improbably, we really do have to accept we are dependent upon illegal immigrants. The old saying "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind.
And what will a wall really accomplish? There will still be employers willing to risk getting caught breaking the law to lure in and hire undocumented workers. There will still be those who overstay their visa. There will still be bodies needed by the cartel for some jobs. Internal policy changes, I believe, will be far more effective than a wall could ever be. Most people probably wouldn't like some of the needed solutions, such as legalizing and regulating all drugs and prostitution. And also harsh/stiff penalties for employers who hire illegal immigrants - and then making them legal work visas to get them paying income taxes. And of course people whine and cry about "what about American citizens born here?," but those born in other nations and coming here often times don't have the same inflated sense of entitlement and are more ambitious and willing to work, and because they want to become citizens we do need to prioritize the immigration system from the bottom up to streamline the process and improve efficiency to reduce overstayed visas.
I'm having trouble following all of that.
Work visas & drug legalization sound fine to me.
Porous borders should be made secure (enuf).

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Is there a way that I can apologize for your suffering that will be sufficient and healing for you?

I want to believe you wrote this out of sincerity so I take no offense in the above, but why do you think I'm personally suffering? I don't understand what compelled you to apologize to me since you've made no offense. I guess apologies are in order considering what I have said invoked some empathetic feelings from you in the sense that you seem to have bore some responsibility some how unbeknownst to me on whatever that is. All in all, I don't know why you said the above.

I lived in Muslim culture for more than 7 years, and in America most Muslims are "People of Color", and I've seen happening some of what embitters you. I wish I could say that things are rapidly changing.

I was doing some research today and found out that 61% of the World population is Asian, and 17% is White. There seems to be twice as many Africans as Whites. :(

I'm really not bitter about anything I see life as it is. What I'm more concerned about while we discuss the mysteries of religion and the problems that come with it, I also want people to recognize that in the United States and even elsewhere in the world "race" is still an issue. We are progressively moving forward (slowly) to where humanity is becoming egalitarian. Of course for that to occur my generation and the generations before me have to die off and even this new generation would have to die off and progress to where we all are more inclusive. More importantly my post to you wasn't to invoke those feelings for you to apologize or feel guilty, but to highlight the political hypocrisy.

If Obama did exactly what Trump is doing Trump's base would indeed continue to question Obama's citizenship, his allegiance to this country, and his sanity. Although Trump gets his fair share of criticisms, I firmly believe the magnitude would be eater if Obama made the same errors as Trump. This only serves to highlight the hypocrisy of this country. Trump's base wont question the ignorance and racist nature of the "birther movement," but is willing to accept (quietly) this shutdown for the border wall. This was my point.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just got to wondering if my venture back out into the mental health field will have to be delayed at all as someone is going to have to be open, working, and operating government equipment in order to run background checks. I won't be working with kids again so I won't be put under the same level of scrutiny again, but government records will still be accessed nonetheless.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As I've just recently discussed, one of my latest concerns is to keep unpaid government workers doing their jobs; this can be done with legislation that would allow them to withdrawal money from their retirement funds without penalty as well as deferring their financial obligations to pay their loans, mortgages or rent until they get all their back pay when their partial government shutdown holiday ends.

The last thing we want is a public uproar from those whose flights get delayed or cancelled from a walk-out of unpaid government workers involved with air travel safety. We want this partial government shutdown to be as painless as possible. Unfortunately, we don't know how long it'll take Democratic congressional members to come to their senses for approving border security barrier funding in order to keep the American public as safe as possible from illegal alien criminality.

Please write your Congressional representatives expressing your support of the aforementioned legislation to financially help unpaid government workers until they can fulfill their financial obligations when they get all their back pay upon the commencement of their partial government shutdown holiday
It's a good idea for the short-term until the government reopens. Everybody needs to pay the bills and have food on the table and a roof over their heads.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I heard something floating on the radio that if the government workers are unpaid for 30 or more days they don't have to be rehired.

Reducing the government workforce was one of Trump's original ideas.
Nothing the Trump says can be trusted. From what I've seen, Trump has requested to increase gov't employees and government agencies (Space Force)