• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear RF - I am not a crackpot

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Dear RF,

I know that lately I've made some (perhaps) quite far-out posts here that you may have seen

So much so that @exchemist has decided to ignore me :(

And maybe some others too :(

For a while now I have been thinking of myself as being a "crackpot" and have even used the term to describe myself

When I believed I was “The Messiah” (back in 2018) and when I believed in Simulation Theory and that I was an "Agent of The Simulation" I think I probably was a crackpot…

Currently, I believe in Extra-Terrestrials, an Illuminati/secret-state, and the impending return of Jesus Christ - and that all three are somehow related

(Click here to go to a thread where I explain all this)

Those topics are what are currently occupying my mind

But I don't think any of those are actually crackpot ideas, in themselves

Although granted, perhaps combining them into one big thing may be a little eccentric, but isn't that just an example of having original thoughts about something?

Indeed I think those three ideas are pretty mainstream. Especially believing in the return of Jesus Christ

Safety in numbers, etc.

However: there is an unseen intelligence who communicates with me and who has been doing so since 2004

And the thing is, I have allowed this being to influence my world view

A world view in which I have an extraordinary role to play in human affairs

So, that’s perhaps a little unusual

But I wouldn’t go as far as to say “crackpot” as I don't think it makes me any less sane!

All I've done is draw conclusions based on my experience of the world and my understanding of it

Indeed, I would go to far as to say that I am of sound mind - although my condition (being in touch with an unseen being) has earnt me a horrible sounding diagnosis of being mentally ill...

I think one can be mentally ill and also be of sound mind

I think it’s natural (indeed healthy) to let any being you come into contact with to influence your world view, whether others can independently verify its existence or not...

Answer me this: If it’s OK for normal people (and even people who you only know on Internet forums such as RF) to influence you why should it not be OK for an unseen being to also influence you? What makes people a better influence than an unseen being? Why is allowing a poster on RF (who you only know on RF) to shape my beliefs any less sane than allowing an unseen being shape my beliefs?

Indeed, I think there are many people who are considered mentally “normal” yet way more crackpot than I am

And yes, I believe I have an extraordinary role to play in world history, on account of the being who is in touch with me. But I think that is a rational thing to think, given the fairly unusual circumstances I’ve gotten myself into. I explain all of what I think about myself in this thread:

A Free Book! - "Past, Present, Future"

From my perspective, everything I believe has a rational basis

I used to embrace the term “crackpot”

Now I reject it. I am never again going to use it to describe myself

My name is Eddi and I am not a crackpot!

And I no longer want to be like David Icke

And if you regard me as one I don't care, because I am sure I'm right about myself

And that someday I will be vindicated, even if that happens long after I die...

((my blog))

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I read that first as crockpot...

Of course Eddi's not a crockpot... why would he think that?

Your ideas are no more unusual than anyone else's here. And I'll say, you present yours in a kinder and more creative manner than some. So thank you for your presence here.

danieldemol

Premium Member
@Eddi don't be concerned with what RFians think of you.

Although I disagree with part of the stuff you say I value you as a member and think that at times you are insightful.

The only members who don't run into controversy that I know of are people who don't express their opinions, and they make RF boring imo

Heyo

Veteran Member
Dear RF,

I know that lately I've made some (perhaps) quite far-out posts here that you may have seen

For a while now I have been thinking of myself as being a "crackpot" and have even used the term to describe myself

When I believed I was “The Messiah” (back in 2018) and when I believed in Simulation Theory and that I was an "Agent of The Simulation" I think I probably was a crackpot…

Currently, I believe in Extra-Terrestrials, an Illuminati/secret-state, and the impending return of Jesus Christ - and that all three are somehow related

Although granted, perhaps combining them into one big thing may be a little eccentric, but isn't that just an example of having original thoughts about something?

Indeed I think those three ideas are pretty mainstream. Especially believing in the return of Jesus Christ

Safety in numbers, etc.

However: there is an unseen intelligence who communicates with me and who has been doing so since 2004

But I wouldn’t go as far as to say “crackpot” as I don't think it makes me any less sane!

All I've done is draw conclusions based on my experience of the world and my understanding of it

Indeed, I would go to far as to say that I am of sound mind - although my condition (being in touch with an unseen being) has earnt me a horrible sounding diagnosis of being mentally ill...

I think it’s natural (indeed healthy) to let any being you come into contact with to influence your world view, whether others can independently verify its existence or not...

Answer me this: If it’s OK for normal people (and even people who you only know on Internet forums such as RF) to influence you why should it not be OK for an unseen being to also influence you? What makes people a better influence than an unseen being? Why is allowing a poster on RF (who you only know on RF) to shape my beliefs any less sane than allowing an unseen being shape my beliefs?

Indeed, I think there are many people who are considered mentally “normal” yet way more crackpot than I am

And yes, I believe I have an extraordinary role to play in world history, on account of the being who is in touch with me. But I think that is a rational thing to think, given the fairly unusual circumstances I’ve gotten myself into. I explain all of what I think about myself in this thread:

And if you regard me as one I don't care, because I am sure I'm right about myself

((my blog))
I'm not a psychologist and this is not a distance diagnose but just my opinion.

You show no sign of your delusion being harmful to you or others.
You seem (hard to say) to be able to function normally in society.
You are able to discuss your "vision" and accept critique.
Your delusion isn't "fixed".

In my opinion you have a screw lose but nothing serious.

(There are people on RF who are far further gone and they are only not diagnosed as delusional because delusions aren't called that if they are religious.)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I don't know what is worse - being stable (as in Trump being a stable genius :oops:) or being unstable and flitting from flower to flower like some demented, and angry, bee (or perhaps wasp), and even though one might take comfort from so many others apparently having the same (possibly outlandish) beliefs as oneself, for me, it all about the quality of those having such beliefs - even if this does come across as a bit elitist. I think the main issue, as with many who might have mental health issues, is that we are often prone to grab that which seems to make sense to us - having a need to hold onto 'something' rather than nothing. I don't know you well enough, as for most here, to judge you or to offer any advice, particularly since I have no experience in such areas, and my issues were more about confidence and avoidance. I hope it all works out for you Eddi. :checkeredflag:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Dear RF,

Safety in numbers, etc.

((my blog))
Just be who you are EDDi :) in the past i might have seen you as a strange person, but you know, I am just as strange as you are :) i dont judge your posts or you any more. I love having you in the forum.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't know what is worse - being stable (as in Trump being a stable genius :oops:) or being unstable and flitting from flower to flower like some demented, and angry, bee (or perhaps wasp), and even though one might take comfort from so many others apparently having the same (possibly outlandish) beliefs as oneself, for me, it all about the quality of those having such beliefs - even if this does come across as a bit elitist. I think the main issue, as with many who might have mental health issues, is that we are often prone to grab that which seems to make sense to us - having a need to hold onto 'something' rather than nothing. I don't know you well enough, as for most here, to judge you or to offer any advice, particularly since I have no experience in such areas, and my issues were more about confidence and avoidance. I hope it all works out for you Eddi. :checkeredflag:

@Eddi ^^^this^^^

I act as an unofficial councelor for a schizophrenic, i got the job because i am perhaps the only one he'll open up to.

Apart from birds talking to him etc he lives a good, productive life and is no danger to anyone else or himself. You seem to be the same so just get on with your life.

normal-distribution.jpg

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

You try out things, and are not scared to share your thoughts
I admire that, that is no reason at all for me to ignore someone