• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dealing with demons/evil spirits....

I recently have had someone approach me about something that happened to her. She has an elderly friend who became possessed by an entity that basicly tried to kill her. She was able, with help from two others, to fight it off, yet it remains "bound" to her friend. She has also learned that it may have come from an Owigi(SP) Board, and wonders if anyone has advice on how to make the board either trap this creature, or destroy the board. She has the board in her home...and has seperated the board from the pointer....and has done cleansing spells on both. She is pagan, yet did ask a local Catholic priest for help, which he said he would be glad to. I am just wondering if anyone here has had any experiance with this sort of thing. I, myself, have driven minor demons from a friend's apt....the creatures were lurking about their youngest daughter. Ever notice how they go for the youngest FEMALE usually??? Anyhoo, I basicly called upon Thor and told the creatures to leave, or I would have to summom his aide. They took the hint, left through the window I had opened, and have not returned. Unfortunately, the friend of mine who is having this problem lives over in Flint, MI....on the other side of the state from me, and I really don't have the extra $$$$ to drive over there right now, otherwise I would be doing so. Any ideas, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me at: [email protected] if you want to talk privately on this matter. Thanks.

Master Vigil

My experience, is that the Ouigi board has absolutely no power unto itself. There is no reason for this to be the boards doing, or it's fault. However, I have found that occurrences that come about due to ouigi board playing, mostly is do to personal issues. I would need to know everything about it, and I mean everything. If I were to help you. The only other way is for me to come there myself.

Evenstar

The Wicked Christian
I dont know how to trap the demons.
Do not destroy the board... place the board in a box or a tin and bury it.​
Hope this helps... and Good Luck.

Hey all. I have invited my friend to join the forum here. Thanks for all your advice so far. Hopefully she will join our group, as she is the one with all the info.

ashai

Ushta All

No demons, no evil spirits! Zarathushtra in his Gathas (scripture) calls Demons: " ... Products of unquestioning minds. "

Ushta Ve
Ashai

pagan<3

what i would do is get her to chat a protection spell. i know one if you want to know it inbox me and ill send it to you. if she is pagan to then get her to only be around people who have a positive vibe because this will say to the thing that she dont want anything negative. also if that dont work put lavender in her house this will protect her from unwanted spirits in her house and garlic it does the same thing. and tell her friend to do the same thing x

PhAA

Grand Master
If you would accept an advise from an atheist, I suggest you first bring your friend to a professional and let her be examined. If they can't help her, then you could try supernatural options. I think the catholics and other exorcists have a rule on this. To eliminate all possible psychological conditions before trying exorcism.

BruceDLimber

I fully agree with Ashai:

"Dealing" with "demons"/"evil spirits" is trivial because they're purely fictional figments of the imagination! NO SUCH THING exists!

And anybody who thinks they do needs a bit of psychiatric help.

Bruce

A

angellous_evangellous

If you would accept an advise from an atheist, I suggest you first bring your friend to a professional and let her be examined. If they can't help her, then you could try supernatural options. I think the catholics and other exorcists have a rule on this. To eliminate all possible psychological conditions before trying exorcism.

I think that you've mistaken who needs help.

no-body

Agree with others go seek professional help immediately. I try to respect other peoples believes but yikes, dragging children into these things really gets to me.

By the way when people who have neutral or no beliefs study these things they find out quickly why it is almost always children that are involved in these situations and it has nothing to do with the supernatural. See if you can guess what it is.

"If you seek immunity from the sway of the forces of the contingent world, hang the 'Most Great Name' in your dwelling, wear the ring of the 'Most Great Name' on your finger, place the picture of Abdu'l-Bahá in your home and always recite the prayers that I have written. Then you will behold the marvellous effect they produce. Those so-called forces will prove but illusions and will be wiped out and exterminated.' "

-- 'Abdu'l-Baha

HCSpirit

Hard Core
Since this is the discussion, not debate, forum, I will not reply to those who are treating it as a debate forum.

There are unspiritual things as well as spiritual things. It's hard to not eventually encounter such things as a mystic. I prefer to call them "(spiritual) fleas" rather than "demons", given the power attributed to "demons" by people who think these things have a leader and their leader is something of a God in his own right. I think the most common origin of fleas is people -- messy energies humans put out there, almost always unintentionally, which then take on a life of their own. The fleas involved might well be the result of some other human's terror of ouiji boards, in fact, but it's really not important what I or anyone else thinks about how fleas come about: what's important is freeing their victims.

I assume someone who can see such things has actually seen fleas present here, and that this isn't a bunch of hysteria about the satanic nature of ouiji boards.

A ouiji board might be intentionally cursed by a human, or occupied by a flea; more often what happens with things like the ouiji board is that it encourages people who haven't built up much discernment to open themselves up, willy-nilly, to whatever would like to contact them-- which, most often, is some flea.

In my experience, your friend is in for a long haul. It can take years to defeat something that has gotten well embedded. Trying for a quick fix, and then abandoning the victim after things are not fixed right away, is the worst thing that your friend could do in this situation.

Also your friend and any others involved in this on the helping side need to examine themselves often to see if their own assumptions are getting in the way of the defense. Fleas manipulate protectors, too, and protectors sometimes come with their own baggage.

You'll get a lot of recommendations for tactics because every spiritual tradition on earth has had to deal with these things. By and large all of these recommendations work (excluding any which involve some sort of injury to the victim, such as the kind of "exorcisms" performed by some fundamentalist cults). But none work as well as the tactics coming from the traditions the attack victim puts the most trust in. This could be their own religion, or it might well be another tradition, like Wicca, the victim believes is more powerful in these sorts of matters.

The health of the victim matters a lot in this. It's very inportant that the victim get plenty of sleep, good food, and reasonable exercise. When ill, the illness needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Sleep can be a real problem, both to get to sleep and that sleep leads to the victim becoming more vulnerable: special effort should be made to protect sleep.

If I think of anything else, I'll post more here.

Chuda

Buddhist
Definitely demons exist. Please seek professional help from a spiritual leader/master. As a Buddhist, I would advise seeking refuge and doing a very powerful prayer called Migtsema. You can read more about the prayer here (I can't post the url so just google tsem tulku and migtsema)

If you are of another faith, seek the spiritual leader/teacher of your faith. All faiths are good.

Good luck!

no-body

Holy :facepalm: to lead off from my last post, please, please, please at least pay attention to the kid for an entire day. Most of them are play acting and just going along with the adults kooky beliefs for attention. You can believe whatever you want, even to the point of delusion with mentally ill adults, but it is child abuse to drag children into it.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I recently have had someone approach me about something that happened to her. She has an elderly friend who became possessed by an entity that basicly tried to kill her. She was able, with help from two others, to fight it off, yet it remains "bound" to her friend. She has also learned that it may have come from an Owigi(SP) Board, and wonders if anyone has advice on how to make the board either trap this creature, or destroy the board. She has the board in her home...and has seperated the board from the pointer....and has done cleansing spells on both. She is pagan, yet did ask a local Catholic priest for help, which he said he would be glad to. I am just wondering if anyone here has had any experiance with this sort of thing. I, myself, have driven minor demons from a friend's apt....the creatures were lurking about their youngest daughter. Ever notice how they go for the youngest FEMALE usually??? Anyhoo, I basicly called upon Thor and told the creatures to leave, or I would have to summom his aide. They took the hint, left through the window I had opened, and have not returned. Unfortunately, the friend of mine who is having this problem lives over in Flint, MI....on the other side of the state from me, and I really don't have the extra $$$$ to drive over there right now, otherwise I would be doing so. Any ideas, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me at: [email protected] if you want to talk privately on this matter. Thanks.

Instead of denying, I think it would be most beneficial for One to harness this power.

We all have demons within us, they get rather upset when you don't acknowledge or accept their existence ;)

renoshanker

Break the ouiji, get rid everything negative. Darkness cannot contiue with light. Negative spirits cannot be told to leave they must be forced by changes within oneself. Spirits attach themselves to people, the only way to force them to go is by believing in a higher spirit that is protecting you.

Sum1sGruj

My Christian point of view:

In my own understanding, demons are non-human, malevolent spirits that need no rites to make go away, as we battle with them everyday. Serious, personal encounters need personal willpower to overcome, as well as comfort, security and patience from others.
It's the fallen angels that require exorcisms and such, as they even wage war with the lesser angels of Heaven.
Positive and negative energies are a key factor either way. Material things matter to an extent, but it's really your will that does the work.
If one finds their self or another in a position of being tormented by spirits, it does good to find out how and why it is happening. It's also good to notice signals to get a general idea of what is bringing the torment.

It could be a demon gone astray, or in most cases, psychological problems.
It should be noted that real conditions needing an exorcism are extremely rare. I am not going to pretend that most people don't playact.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Break the ouiji, get rid everything negative. Darkness cannot contiue with light. Negative spirits cannot be told to leave they must be forced by changes within oneself. Spirits attach themselves to people, the only way to force them to go is by believing in a higher spirit that is protecting you.
Yeah Yeah Yeah Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy...Yick.

The only way to banish something more powerful than you is to call on something more powerful than IT. A Ouija board has no power. It's an instrument, and, as my wife said, don't summon something you can't banish. If you do, the consequences are yours to bear. If one insists on banishing said entity, one must build energy beyond the thing you want to banish. Maybe you have a few sucker friends who will give you their spiritual energy. Maybe you can kill something you love to feed off it. There's a price to pay for fooling around in this particular area. Either live with the demon, or pay up.