• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dawn Wells (Mary Ann Summers) Died Today...Covid

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Saw that earlier this evening and it made me sad

R.I.P.
For your pie hole....
gilligan-coconut-cream-pie.jpg

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Sad. Ginger is the last one alive.
They'll all live on though.
Actually, Tina Louise is still alive. And since there will be a resurrection, it is possible they will be resurrected to a far, far better world than -- Gilligan's Island.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Actually, Tina Louise is still alive. And since there will be a resurrection, it is possible they will be resurrected to a far, far better world than -- Gilligan's Island.
Tina Louise is Ginger.
I also reject this resurrection idea.

YoursTrue

Tina Louise is Ginger.
Oh, sorry. I didn't watch Gilligan's Island much. I didn't really care for it. But anyway -- I don't reject the resurrection idea, although I read that Wells was not a happy person towards the end of her life. And I'm not talking about the covid-19 she unfortunately got.

YoursTrue

Tina Louise is Ginger.
Not all the comments in the news were saying that she died happy, covid or no covid. From the NY Post, "In 2018, Wells took a tumble and found herself inundated with medical and tax bills....
“Where did the time go? I don’t know how this happened,” she wrote. “I thought I was taking all the proper steps to ensure my golden years. Now, here I am, no family, no husband, no kids and no money. I’m grateful that God has given me so many friends and fans who care, or it would all be too … overwhelming … I am grateful to any of my fans who are willing to offer support.”
She got donations at GoFundMe account for her medical expenses.

YoursTrue

Of course. Its still far more than most of us will live. Covid or not.

Its a decent amount of time and there is nothing wrong with saying that.
We could discuss that, I won't even ask you what a "decent amount of time" is, but frankly I think most people don't want to die even if they're older than that. But that's my thought, obviously not yours. My aunt is 94 and is frail, she has no substantive hope within her, but is not killing herself. She evidently wants to keep living. For someone to try to keep living sort of means they don't want to die. But! if you think differently, that's you. :)

YoursTrue

Well imagine telling her as she's dying -- "Well, you lived a decent amount of time."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well imagine telling her as she's dying -- "Well, you lived a decent amount of time."
I would in a compassionate manner and expect the same for me if someone perchance said that in kind. In fact, some people would acknowledge that, at attaining a certain age, they have had a good life by virtue of their age. I accept my own mortality as well as many others that do, and am prepared for it.

Theres nothing whatsoever wrong in thinking that way and many have already said that they had a good and long life and not complain when its time to go from the world. . Dawn Wells is clearly among them well into her 80s.

She did good and am happy to see she got to spend a long time here.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Not only a long life, she got to be a part of so many of our own lives in ways most people never will. How many people get to say they were a part of something that has brought decades of entertainment and amusement to so many people?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We could discuss that, I won't even ask you what a "decent amount of time" is, but frankly I think most people don't want to die even if they're older than that. But that's my thought, obviously not yours. My aunt is 94 and is frail, she has no substantive hope within her, but is not killing herself. She evidently wants to keep living. For someone to try to keep living sort of means they don't want to die. But! if you think differently, that's you. :)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" - Hunter S. Thompson.
It's not about how long we live, its about living while we're alive.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not only a long life, she got to be a part of so many of our own lives in ways most people never will. How many people get to say they were a part of something that has brought decades of entertainment and amusement to so many people?
Thats true. The fond memories of the wonderful cast of Gilligan's Island will stay with me for as long as I am able to remember.

Dawn was an amazing woman with a dream career that only a few ever experience. I will miss her warm and fuzzy personality that endeared so many fans over the years. She will definitely be missed as I'm sure her friends and family will.

YoursTrue

I would in a compassionate manner and expect the same for me if someone perchance said that in kind. In fact, some people would acknowledge that, at attaining a certain age, they have had a good life by virtue of their age. I accept my own mortality as well as many others that do, and am prepared for it.

Theres nothing whatsoever wrong in thinking that way and many have already said that they had a good and long life and not complain when its time to go from the world. . Dawn Wells is clearly among them well into her 80s.

She did good and am happy to see she got to spend a long time here.
She was not happy by her own words. But she thanked God for her fans supporting her toward her end, as she said, she had no family, no real friends, poor woman was rather unhappy. And no, I don't think she wanted to die, but I didn't ask her. I have friends who work in hospitals and they are in great misery watching so many take their last breath. Young or old, I don't think the ones dying want to die. If you do, that's your thought, not mine.