• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dawn Wells (Mary Ann Summers) Died Today...Covid

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" - Hunter S. Thompson.
It's not about how long we live, its about living while we're alive.
So why feel bad that someone died since you apparently believe in evolution. Death is a natural outcome as far as so many believe, so why feel bad. Don't like it? One comment was, "so sorry to hear that Dawn Wells has passed from COVID." Why? Would it be better to have died from something else?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
She was not happy by her own words. But she thanked God for her fans supporting her toward her end, as she said, she had no family, no real friends, poor woman was rather unhappy. And no, I don't think she wanted to die, but I didn't ask her. I have friends who work in hospitals and they are in great misery watching so many take their last breath. Young or old, I don't think the ones dying want to die. If you do, that's your thought, not mine.
Robin Williams also struggled with depression and tragically took his own life. Judging if someone wants to live or die is really not in our hands, and it just is not for us to say so (even if suicide occurs).
But, despite their tragedies, we still celebrate them (amd so many more) who moved us, inspired us, made us laugh, made us cry, and touched us in personal ways though we never met them.
It's such an amazing, and tragic, part of being human.

YoursTrue

Thats true. The fond memories of the wonderful cast of Gilligan's Island will stay with me for as long as I am able to remember.

Dawn was an amazing woman with a dream career that only a few ever experience. I will miss her warm and fuzzy personality that endeared so many fans over the years. She will definitely be missed as I'm sure her friends and family will.
She had no children, so they can't miss her.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So why feel bad that someone died since you apparently believe in evolution. Death is a natural outcome as far as so many believe, so why feel bad. Don't like it? One comment was, "so sorry to hear that Dawn Wells has passed from COVID." Why? Would it be better to have died from something else?
As much as I want to to tear into that, this thread isn't about me.

YoursTrue

Robin Williams also struggled with depression and tragically took his own life. Judging if someone wants to live or die is really not in our hands, and it just is not for us to say so (even if suicide occurs).
But, despite their tragedies, we still celebrate them (amd so many more) who moved us, inspired us, made us laugh, made us cry, and touched us in personal ways though we never met them.
Robin Williams yes, had bad mental problems. Do you think he'd rather not have had them? After all, he killed himself, didn't he?

YoursTrue

As much as I want to to tear into that, this thread isn't about me.
It really is about impressions and opinions. Dawn Wells can't say anything now one way or the other. Do I feel sorry for her? Yes. Do I think she wanted to die? You guessed it. But I'll say it anyway. No. I felt bad reading about her even though I didn't like gilligan's island at all. A stupid, dumb show. She may have been a very nice person.

YoursTrue

Robin Williams judged his life. Didn't want to continue living. So he killed himself. He had great potential but didn't like himself very much.

YoursTrue

This thread isn't about me or you.
"Me, me, me" can **** off.
You asked, I answered. Do sick people want to be sick? Or ill people want to be ill? You asked. And to say that someone lived a short life or a long life is not the issue. And that's what this is about.

YoursTrue

Do ill people want to be ill?
Now that you mention it, there is an illness that sick people make themselves sick. So it's up to you to decipher the evidence. Do those who cause themselves illness seek to be sick? Do those who die at an old or early age from covid-19 want to die or would they like to get well? It's what you think that counts.

YoursTrue

This thread isn't about me or you.
"Me, me, me" can **** off.
Hmmm wonder if Dawn Wells thought she lived long enough. Einstein certainly thought he was ready to die. He said so. And he was younger than Ms. Wells was when he died. But he thought he lived long enough. At what age would you say a person wants to die? Or doesn't want to die?