• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dawkins and Wendy Wright debate.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
[youtube]MmfQ7gSaJgM[/youtube]

Tell Manson he came from a penguin, I'm sure he wouldn't be happy.
Good thing it doesn't matter if it makes you happy. There are people who would be unhappy at the idea of being related to him... but all humans are related non the less.:sleep:

wa:do

Gloone

Good thing it doesn't matter if it makes you happy. There are people who would be unhappy at the idea of being related to him... but all humans are related non the less.:sleep:

Are you telling me I don't have the right to be happy.

Gloone

Nope... just that evolution doesn't stop because it makes you wah.

I'm getting ready to call Poe.

Call PoE then and tell me how it ties into evolution. PLEASE DO IT!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day!!!

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
From the Wiki: Poe's law (religious fundamentalism) — "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humour, it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing."[5] named after Nathan Poe who formulated it on christianforums.com in 2005.[6] Although it originally referred to creationism, the scope later widened to religious fundamentalism.

The Neo Nerd

how come you got the image working and i couldnt? I used the correct
tags... :shrug:
Hahaha i couldnt get rid of it

html code doesn't seem to work if you want to add a pic get the url click the button above that looks like a mountain and insert the url into the text box.

Gloone

Hahaha i couldnt get rid of it

html code doesn't seem to work if you want to add a pic get the url click the button above that looks like a mountain and insert the url into the text box.
It is just because you are a dirty lizard without a tail. I cut it off.

Krok

You said
Then i show you more than just drawings.
I'm not sure i see the problem.
And it's better evidence than ANY submitted so far for the existence of your god.
-Q
Pegg's answer is one of the poster "proofs" for the ignorance and stupidity of creationists. Posts like these drive a lot of people away from any kind of religion, as it is real excellent evidence that religion can turn people into lying morons.
I dont view the skulls as evidence.
Luckily the scientific community does not worry about what some weirdo doesn't want to view as evidence. The rest of the world sees your views as stupidity.
I agree that they appear to fit in with the theory, but that is all they do.
That's all that evidence is supposed to do...confirm the theory.
They do not prove the theory, nor can they.
No theory is ever proved. Maybe some creationists need to learn what a scientific theory is before making ridiculously stupid comments about theories.
..the information in the genetic material cannot change one species into another...
And this proves that creationists lie and are too stupid to realize that the rest of the world knows they lie. Speciation has been directly observed, both in the lab and in the field.
the information is set in stone, the genes produce what they are programmed to produce.
And this proves again that creationists lie and are too stupid to realize that the rest of the world knows they lie. We have directly observed genes producing new information, both in the lab and in the field. Genes are are not programmed to produce anything. Information is not set in stone and new information is added to the genes in all sorts of ways, including random mutations coupled with natural selection. All directly observed. Can't these christians stop lying?

Last edited:

Sententia

Agreed. I'd like to see Dawkins debate a believer who was his intellectual equal someday. Preferably one with a liberal theology. Huston Smith, perhaps, or my own Rev. Dr. Bill Sinkford.....

Aye.

As a quick aside... never seen this before:

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Seems odd.

Show me the evidence for evolution is akin to someone asking for evidence of gravity. The evidence is overwhelming.

To say no evolution is false but instead GOD is real and we are his creations and take that Dawkins is what?

The idea that we should respect human life is not in competition with evolution and I find it odd that she would state that. Clearly she has some understanding of what is going on and is sticking firm to it but it seems to have little relation to reality and I think Dawkins was very reasonable and perhaps more reasonable then even I could I have managed.

Also calling it a debate is kind of false. I would believe Dawkins was acting as a teacher and she was failing as a student but at the same time Dawkins really wanted to delve and try to figure out her core reasoning. I agree... Personally I wanted to know what her deal was.

outhouse

Atheistically
Show me the evidence for evolution is akin to someone asking for evidence of gravity. The evidence is overwhelming

I believe, dawkins gave a classical example that evolution is not up for debate anymore, to refute it is to say i put all my stock in a myth full of holes.

Now we have to wait for religion to catch up, the pope is trying to get his flock under control and evolve religion. Many are so stubborn in the old ways we will wait a long time.

atleast the arrow is in the right direction

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
there are examples, yes. They have been gone over and over in evo and creo threads :sleep:

im so over the argument i just cant be bothered going into it, its tiring and nobody is going to win it. I know evolution occurs, its the changes in populations. Unfortunately science takes 'that' evidence one step further and says that its also how new species are created which i dont believe because there is no evidence for it and never can be because 'apparently' it happens over such a long time scale that no one will be alive to see it occur. Well even the fossil record was unable to capture it so im not going to 'buy into it' as Wendy rightly said.
You are most talented at back peddling...