• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating Games and Covid Pains

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are overdescribing and over rating me.

As for being a gossip source, there has been malice and attempts to undermine me since Mom died. Predictable but ugly.

Dating, no. I, there was a guy here who I
was seeing for a while, but it was a shallow suborbital flight into romance.

At my age I am well into "left-behind" status.
Left behind?
Yer still a young whippersnapper!

Are the rumors about you & Ryan Reynolds true?

PureX

Veteran Member
Things have been getting real interesting for me lately. My life has been going real well. I'm making strides, and I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. Aperently, people have been noticing my boost in positivity and confidence, and I've been even exchanging some numbers with women...

What do I actually do with that information, though?

Everything is shut down due to covid. It's cold and rainy outside due to late autumn in the pacific northwest. I don't even have a car anymore (me and my ex shared one while we were roommates, but she took it with her when we went our separate ways), so I can't even go anywhere even if I wanted to. I can't even invite her over to watch a movie, since I have no furniture yet to even sit on!

I feel like a hermit crab toting around a tiny shell that I am way too large to be living in, just waiting for the opportunity to leap into a larger shell I see right across the way.

I know patience is the only option, but I see certain opportunities closing. I have a minor crush on someone at work, and I just found out she's single... She's also leaving to work at a different hospital in a week.

I'd love to exchange numbers with her, but meh... Then what? I can't really do anything about it. I guess I just have to let this opportunity slide until things are more favorable. o_O

Not sure what I can do about it, but if anyone has any advice, I'm all ears!
I think you're getting ahead of yourself. All the exchange of a phone number implies is the invitation of a phone call. Nothing more.

When I was recovering from alcoholism, I was told to learn how to be friends with women, before trying to date them. Something my addictive, self-obsessed mind didn't understand. I was told to relax, be friendly, be honest, and expect no particular kind of interaction or relationship. So that whatever kind is possible, and comes naturally, can develop, or not.

A phone call is just a phone call. Say 'hello, how was you day', and see what the other person feels like chatting about. "Let it be", as the song says.

... Just my 2 cents.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
My reply was serious though, not funny. I have a facebook account I only use to contact a Swedish man. So, I blocked others

Same with email. I was fed up with spam, so now I use Yahoo, which has the free possibility to eliminate 100% spam in an easy way.

Hmmm... I don't know, though. That might send the wrong kind of message, imo. Might come across as clingy, especially since I don't really know her all that well.

Besides, I am not in too much of a rush to tie myself down JUST yet. I just got out of an unhealthy situation, so I don't really want to act now and think later and wind up right where I was to begin with. Now is my time. :)

I'll just roll with the punches. Seems to work for me so far!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I wish.

See 'Sheng nu".

Yah... I've heard about that before. I hate it. Seems backwards to me. o_O

Everyone has value. Some more than others, but that value can be cultivated and grown.

7 years ago, I had no value, but I've been working hard to improve my circumstances, and things are moving at an accelerated rate for me. There is no "too late," from my personal experiences.

I don't know your circumstances all that well, or the cultural aspects of where you live, but I have read your posts and I do know you have a good head on your shoulders. Even if a "sheng nu" status hangs over your head, it doesn't define you, and you can do whatever the hell you want - single life or not. :)

Sorry for the little spiel, but the sheng nu thing really gets under my skin...

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I think you're getting ahead of yourself. All the exchange of a phone number implies is the invitation of a phone call. Nothing more.

When I was recovering from alcoholism, I was told to learn how to be friends with women, before trying to date them. Something my addictive, self-obsessed mind didn't understand. I was told to relax, be friendly, be honest, and expect no particular kind of interaction or relationship. So that whatever kind is possible, and comes naturally, can develop, or not.

A phone call is just a phone call. Say 'hello, how was you day', and see what the other person feels like chatting about. "Let it be", as the song says.

... Just my 2 cents.

Hmmm... You are absolutely right. Thanks for that. :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Hmmm... I don't know, though. That might send the wrong kind of message, imo. Might come across as clingy, especially since I don't really know her all that well.

Besides, I am not in too much of a rush to tie myself down JUST yet. I just got out of an unhealthy situation, so I don't really want to act now and think later and wind up right where I was to begin with. Now is my time. :)

I'll just roll with the punches. Seems to work for me so far!
Of course if you like to just roll with the punches, then don't do it;)

But it will never send the wrong message
IF you just explain why you did it?
I like to minimize social media
:)

Audie

Veteran Member
Yah... I've heard about that before. I hate it. Seems backwards to me. o_O

Everyone has value. Some more than others, but that value can be cultivated and grown.

7 years ago, I had no value, but I've been working hard to improve my circumstances, and things are moving at an accelerated rate for me. There is no "too late," from my personal experiences.

I don't know your circumstances all that well, or the cultural aspects of where you live, but I have read your posts and I do know you have a good head on your shoulders. Even if a "sheng nu" status hangs over your head, it doesn't define you, and you can do whatever the hell you want - single life or not. :)

Sorry for the little spiel, but the sheng nu thing really gets under my skin...

Thank you for the thoughts.
I could say more but I dont want to make the thread about me.