• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwins view on disabilities

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
A ignorant racist and bigoted culture. Quit acting like he was an innocent victim, he choose to believe those elements of his culture of his own volition. There were progressive non-racist individuals even back then
I am not acting like anyone is a victim. That seems to be the role you want for yourself here. I will not stand in your way nor help.

It is the context that is important. You seem to be arguing that at his core, Darwin was pure evil and that he in no way could be the product of his times. All his negative views were independently and solely his own. What this means to you in regards to the theory of evolution, I cannot say, but I wonder that it is leading to a condemnation of the science based on guilt by association. Which would be ironic, since you are claiming Darwin cannot be viewed in the same context regarding his culture.

Once again, would you like my log in criteria to carry on this conversation playing both our parts. Given your propensity to put words into mouths of others and misrepresent what they are saying, it would make this a lot easier for you. Whadda ya say sport?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Because he associate HIMSELF to such things.
I filter people rapidly psychologically into freud jung. Mostly freud. I look at freud as a virus that causes mental disordering. Out of that can
maifest mental disorders.

In christianity i look back over time and land on the Nicene Creed. First 2 words We Believe. Thats freud. If the church was jung it would say We experience....

That mental disordering has now reached to its final destination here on the internet. Where we can see directly the fallacy of we believe cut and paste the bible. The nicene creed is exactly that.

This is the cut and paste kingdom of confusion." I will cut and paste and i will bend reality to align with ME.

Oh we have a very very serious problem. A patient getting sicker not better. What to do thats still undecided.

But i do know that the future of the church will cast out into the fire of hell WE BELIEVE like an on fire pentacostal movement and kill nicene creed and write WE EXPERIENCE.

The creed you see is not the truth its our stupidity over a span of time to want to quantify. It will be fixed regardless of Freud.
Sometimes I am lost in what it is that you are saying, but I enjoy reading your posts.

David T

Premium Member
Sometimes I am lost in what it is that you are saying, but I enjoy reading your posts.
Dan to give a bit of insight in how i write. I write from mulitiple perspectives at the same time. I no longer have a fixed single perspective. That sounds crazy at first. But its not. Mubdaughter helped me understand hscing a single perspective was the intellect. What keeps me grounded is breathing lots if outdoors i am just like john muir the mountaineer, music and mu guide my daughter.

I am very hard to understand i know when i am at it. I eanted to set a moment asside to say no i am sane but i also wear a mask and thats what you are ready my mask. I am a bit lile a shaman that way. Peace.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Dan to give a bit of insight in how i write. I write from mulitiple perspectives at the same time. I no longer have a fixed single perspective. That sounds crazy at first. But its not. Mubdaughter helped me understand hscing a single perspective was the intellect. What keeps me grounded is breathing lots if outdoors i am just like john muir the mountaineer, music and mu guide my daughter.

I am very hard to understand i know when i am at it. I eanted to set a moment asside to say no i am sane but i also wear a mask and thats what you are ready my mask. I am a bit lile a shaman that way. Peace.
I don't get why some don't understand you. I do.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
White supremacists generally are pure evil.

It's called responsibility. Learn about it. You are responsible for what you believe.
Wow!

So Darwin is a white supremacist now. You do know he is dead right. That his claim to fame is his science and most white supremacists in this country probably view him as the devil.

I do know about responsibility. I have maintained a fair amount in following this conversation. I maintained a responsive decorum here as well. I consider it my responsibility not to evade, put words into the mouths of others, get massively bent out of shape over a discussion, not to make irrelevant guilt by association arguments, to be open-minded and so forth.

Thank you for your concern about my responsibility. I would suggest that you worry more about your own, since that is the one you can control and manage.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Thanks for the insight. I have been trying to wrap my head around some of your posts. Technical issues with devices and spelling make it a little more difficult at times. Not making fun or acting the spelling cop, but just noting the issue, recognizing the source in technology and the limitations of the space we write in.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes he was. He thought that the Aboriginal Australians, Native Americans and Africans were racially and genetically inferior to Europeans in terms of culture and intelligence. It is in his book. Didn't you read his book?
I have read his books. I have read books about him. I have read his letters. I do not agree with him on his views that I consider racist. I do not, in turn, go on a rampage trying to make something much greater out of it. Do you think he is going to change now?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Guilt by association is not fallacious if in fact Darwin did associate himself to those views, which he did. The man was a vile racist and a bigot. And he was a sexist too. Why deny the truth?
Good for you. You keep the hate alive. That will solve everything.

I do not consider him vile or potentially irredeemable, given what I have read about him.

But keep the dead issue alive. It has so much value.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Guilt by association is not fallacious if in fact Darwin did associate himself to those views, which he did. The man was a vile racist and a bigot. And he was a sexist too. Why deny the truth?
So you are saying that theory of evolution is invalid, because a man of his times held some of the views of his times and we have come to understand those views are wrong. Views that are independent of the science.

This is the sort of nonsense that I keep seeing from creationists. You guys need some better writers.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. And you dare to accuse me of putting words into other people's mouths?
That is what I was saying and you were claiming that guilt by association was not a fallacy. So yes, you did say that.

You also quote mine, which is also a fallacy.

The Reverend Bob

“The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is [shown] by man attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than woman can attain--whether requiring deep thought, reason or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands.” He added, “Thus man has ultimately become superior to woman.” - Charles Darwin

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The association we have been discussing was between Darwin's personal views and the validity of the theory of evolution. Comments on which I have mentioned several times while you were quote mining me and doing your whataboutisms.

The Reverend Bob

That is what I was saying and you were claiming that guilt by association was not a fallacy. So yes, you did say that.

You also quote mine, which is also a fallacy.
WTF does that have to do with the theory of evolution if I say the guilt by association is not always a fallacy? Talk about non sequitur, this one takes the cake

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
“The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is [shown] by man attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than woman can attain--whether requiring deep thought, reason or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands.” He added, “Thus man has ultimately become superior to woman.” - Charles Darwin
So. Outdated thinking based on incomplete information. It was the dominant view well passed Darwin's time. It still exists today. What is your point? We should hate and attack a dead guy for views he held 150 years ago?

The Reverend Bob

The association we have been discussing was between Darwin's personal views and the validity of the theory of evolution.
No I wasn't. I didn't even mention the theory of evolution. I was just arguing that Darwin was a vile racist pig who had some very bigoted views that people like you accept because he is an authority.

So how long have you been into Neo-Nazism?