• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daddy's Pee Pee

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Never saw my Dad naked but my sister did. Apparently they used to take showers together. Saw a movie once, family out in the wilderness, one big tub, the whole family jump in together at bath time, like it was the most natural thing in the world. Kind of freaked me out then. Maybe the religious upbringing, makes it weird for me.
I don't know. That sort of thing was the norm until recently in history. "Privacy" is mostly a modern thing.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Just take the kids camping, then everybody enjoy a little skinny dipping. And when questions arise, just answer them. Or bath time, little Bobby and little Suzie won't have any questions very early on, but when they do, straightforward, honest answers given without embarrassment will do the trick.

Do not get me wrong, I don't dismiss the importance of sex education. But first and foremost, I sincerely belief a real lack of shame about sexual matters is the healthiest thing you can ever give your kids.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Seeing a penis is hardly sexual abuse. It sounds like it was done in the specific context of education. Though I would recommend text book pictures.
That said, apparently as a toddler I was constantly following my dad, even as he tried to escape into the bathroom. When my nephew was staying over as a toddler I made the mistake of not locking the door when I went for a shower. Needless to say, he was whisked away mid story as I laughed in embarrassment. He didn’t seem traumatised.
Saw my parents naked loads of times when I was very little. Meh.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
And a huge improvement over the other extreme. Waiting until their wedding day to explain:eek::eek:

Oh, the way my mother said my grandmother explained it to her in 1936? “Just do whatever he wants...” Like that? :D Gotta love the old Italians.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
the girls were about four and six.

That is too young. Their brains are not biologically developed enough yet to understand sex at that age. There is no telling what psychological damage those parents have done to their children. That is potentially child abuse.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
My very best friend told me that one night, while he and his wife were busy making the beast with two backs, that he felt a slap that he described as "like a high five" on the sole of his foot, from his 3 year old son. I know his son, who is now 6, (with a 3 year old sister, coincidentally...makes ya wonder), and he is perfectly healthy and well-adjusted.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That is too young. Their brains are not biologically developed enough yet to understand sex at that age.
That's why I think it best to demystify the opposite gender anatomy early on. Before it's about sex. When it's just information about an aspect of the human race the children can't have personal experience about.
Tom

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I would think it would be very bizarre if a kid never saw their parents naked.

When I was a kid I used to wake up at night yelling for a drink of water. My father would bring it to me half nekkid. But it wasn’t his top half that was nekkid. :D He would have an a-shirt on and bring my water with a bit of irritation.

It wasn’t until I learned years later what “that thing” was for, why he was half naked and why he'd cop an attitude. It was one of the few times, at least 6 anyway... I have 5 siblings... my mother did not say no and I interrupted them. Talk about coitus interruptus. :D

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not inappropriate, but socially risky. I wouldn't consider being seen nude by young daughters harmful to them, but it might be to their father.
This is a good point.
A childishly inartful story told by a 6 y/o girl, to the wrong person, could launch a very uncomfortable chain of events involving "the authorities":eek:.

"I was talking with mommy last evening and daddy came over to show me his penis."
Oops!
Tom

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
That's why I think it best to demystify the opposite gender anatomy early on. Before it's about sex. When it's just information about an aspect of the human race the children can't have personal experience about.
Tom

There is other ways to accomplish that than a naked 40 year old man presenting his member to 5ish year olds.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
There is other ways to accomplish that than a naked 40 year old man presenting his member to 5ish year olds.
It's just another part of the human body though. It's not inherently somehow forbidden. In mediaeval times families lived in one room and bathed and changed and ****ed in front of each other. Boo boo.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Speaking of "daddy's pee-pee," I suspect that it would not be a bad thing to call it by it's name You teach your children to say "finger" and "toe" and "head" and "chin" and tongue," so what's wrong with "penis" or "vagina?" Once again, bashfully nicknaming ordinary things cannot but convey the idea that there's something "not quite right" about parts of their bodies. That's not healthy.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of "daddy's pee-pee," I suspect that it would not be a bad thing to call ift by it's name You teach your children to say "finger" and "toe" and "head" and "chin" and tongue," so what's wrong with "penis" or "vagina?" Once again, bashfully nicknaming ordinary things cannot but convey the idea that there's something "not quite right" about parts of their bodies. That's not healthy.
This is being taught in many UK schools now. The US is prudish as usual.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It's just another part of the human body though. It's not inherently somehow forbidden. In mediaeval times families lived in one room and bathed and changed and ****ed in front of each other. Boo boo.

On the other hand, trying to be fair here, wouldn't it have been better had they just bought a High School level sex Ed book, they can be found at $5 stores, read them some from it, and showed them the images, rather than the dad whipping it out?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Speaking of "daddy's pee-pee," I suspect that it would not be a bad thing to call it by it's name You teach your children to say "finger" and "toe" and "head" and "chin" and tongue," so what's wrong with "penis" or "vagina?" Once again, bashfully nicknaming ordinary things cannot but convey the idea that there's something "not quite right" about parts of their bodies. That's not healthy.
I recall my mother always using the words "penis" and "breast." Never had a reason to use "vulva" or "vagina."

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
On the other hand, trying to be fair here, wouldn't it have been better had they just bought a High School level sex Ed book, they can be found at $5 stores, read them some from it, and showed them the images, rather than the dad whipping it out?
Whipping it out is free and cuts the jargon.