• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationists: A Very Simple Question

ecco

Veteran Member
The geologic record confirms what the Bible teaches as long as you aren't a YEC.
The age of the earth is not pertinent to the discussion.

Regardless of when the universe and the earth were created, the biblical genealogies clearly show that the Great Flood took place in 2348 BC, 4367 years ago when Noah was 600.

The geologic record does not confirm what the Bible teaches regarding the Great aFlood regardless of your position on the creation of the earth. The geologic record makes it very clear that a worldwide flood did not take place 4367 years ago. The distribution of animals makes it very clear that a worldwide flood did not take place 4367 years ago.

Bear Wild

I see a lot of (repeated) assertions, but still no evidence for your beliefs.

Making up your own definitions isn't helping you.
It seems like some people think if you just write a long enough post with multiple topics mixed together often not related that can create so many points to argue that you do not ever need to provide any evidence for any one of the points you are trying to make. I guess some people think that if you keep repeating the same assertions over and over again whether true or not that maybe someone might start to believe them by shear repetition. I find this technique when I go on the intelligent design websites were they are masters of repeating unsupported statements.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do you think anyone is going to bother to watch videos that you post when you don't even bother to say what they are about?
I know enough of Frank Turek to know that he is your typical science denying creationist. The second one I watched long enough to get the man's name and heard a series of more sophisticated creationist PRATT's. I searched his name to see where he worked and I found that he worked at the Discovery Toot. The dishonest creationist organization that was exposed in the Dover trial. Neither one had any actual science to back their claims.

Bear Wild

You picked two perfect videos to show why Intelligent designers are so incorrect. Thank you. Frank Turek evidently never learned anything about geological theory and fossil record other wise he would not make such ridiculous statements that are so scientifically unfounded. As for Doug Axe he is misusing the word digital completely and makes statements imply that the world has to be made the way humans thing. Cant get more anthropomorphic than that. He also makes the critical error that all of evolutionary change is just chance then makes and absolute statement that it is impossible. Both show why deception and misinformation is the main tactic for ID since they have nothing else to work with.

Bear Wild

I know enough of Frank Turek to know that he is your typical science denying creationist. The second one I watched long enough to get the man's name and heard a series of more sophisticated creationist PRATT's. I searched his name to see where he worked and I found that he worked at the Discovery Toot. The dishonest creationist organization that was exposed in the Dover trial. Neither one had any actual science to back their claims.
Now here it thought he was a comedian. I was actually having a good laugh about what he was saying but you seem to imply he is trying to be serious. Amazing how dishonest they can be.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let's see....they must be in response to the OP, wouldn't you think?
Tell me, after you posted those bogus videos, I mean Frank Turek, even you have to know that his arguments are a pile of dog doo, why did you use an optimistic rating on my post. Did you mean that I had to be optimistic for you to see your error? That may be true. Creationists can be rather blind at times.

ecco

Veteran Member
Do you think anyone is going to bother to watch videos that you post when you don't even bother to say what they are about?
Let's see....they must be in response to the OP, wouldn't you think?
I wouldn't know. I don't waste my time watching videos that people post. If the poster doesn't care enough to give a synopsis of the video, it can't be too important. Or, more likely, the poster hasn't even watched the video himself, he just saw a link to it on a fundie/creo website.