• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationist Challenge - Build the Ark

johnhanks

Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Ah, fine - we're playing connect-the-word. So, these waters in Rev 17:15 are the flood waters, right? I note you didn't underline the whore - where was she in the flood story, exactly?
Words, dreams,visions, numbers and objects are used other than what the literal definitions mean.
Translation: I can interpret any passage in the bible to mean exactly what I want; and if you doubt me, well, a study of the bible is necessary along with the help of Holy Spirit is necessary to reap the benefits of understanding. (Or, more plainly, I can interpret any passage in the bible to mean exactly what I want.)

Last edited:

look3467

Premium Member
It really isn't though. Versions of the flood story are found in several cultures of the middle east, it seems to be a common folk tale derived from a physical event in the history of the region.

Like I said, it may or may not have occurred, the message is that Jesus is a similitude of the ark, as He saves the flood of people.

Jon 2:3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; (Peoples) and the floods (of people) compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.
The picture to be seen is this:

Jesus is the ark of God upon which the sacrifice for sins was made, and Jesus being the sacrifice, becomes the Savior of mankind like as Noah.

Blessings, AJ

Baydwin

Jesus is the ark of God upon which the sacrifice for sins was made, and Jesus being the sacrifice, becomes the Savior of mankind like as Noah.
Perhaps, but I think it would be even more unlikely people would be able to build a fully functional Jesus and load him up with two of every animal, so for the sake of this challenge I'll stick with the boat theme. ;)

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
I'd like to issue a challenge to all Creationists. If you can build an ark to the specifications in the Bible and fill it with two of every "kind" of animal by your own hands (remember Noah had no one to help him), set it afloat with you and your family on board and keep all the animals alive for 40 days, I will convert to Creationism.

If there are other evolution accepting people willing to pledge their conversion to Creationism on completion of this challenge, please post below.

370 days, actually, not 40. ;)

ragordon168

just as a side challenge. if you can build the ark,fill it with two of every animal and set it afloat successfully for x amount of time, you must also be able to keep the species alive without having the genetic faults that show up from extended incestual breeding.

Baydwin

I'm certain it didn't take Deucalion, I mean Noah this long to start building. What's taking you guys so long?
Aren't you worried that God's gonna punch you in the face for letting our souls go so easy to Satan when you had this chance to Save us?

JustWondering2

Just the facts Ma'am
Logically we should see evidence of genetic bottlenecks in all species dating to the same time. We don't.

wa:do

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't there something of a bottleneck (at least human wise) that dates back to the last ice age 20K years ago or so? Not saying it was Noahs flood that caused it or anything. But I remember reading something about the fact that human population world wide might have dropped as low as 20,000. I could be wrong on both numbers, so please set me straight.
Thanks

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't there something of a bottleneck (at least human wise) that dates back to the last ice age 20K years ago or so? Not saying it was Noahs flood that caused it or anything. But I remember reading something about the fact that human population world wide might have dropped as low as 20,000. I could be wrong on both numbers, so please set me straight.
Thanks

The Seven Eve's theory never stood up to peer review, I'm afraid.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
I'm certain it didn't take Deucalion, I mean Noah this long to start building. What's taking you guys so long?
Aren't you worried that God's gonna punch you in the face for letting our souls go so easy to Satan when you had this chance to Save us?

Apperently one man already has tried, if you count a half sized replica as fullfilling your criteria. :D

Dutch Man Builds Half Scale Replica of Noah’s Ark

Looks like it's not freefloating to me, and the internal bracing is totally inadequate.
One merely has to see interior pictures of any large sailing ship to see that.

nonbeliever_92

Reverse the word seven and take off the N and you have eves I don't know why I just thought of that, and not that it's particularly helpful at all...

challupa

Lived [past tense] sounds as if that will be right according to Hebrews 2:14 B.
Jesus destroys the devil so that means that he lived but will not be forever.
To me it's what people have done with their lives if they aren't worried about heaven and hell. They've lived them!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
To me it's what people have done with their lives if they aren't worried about heaven and hell. They've lived them!

All dead people go to hell including as Jesus did. -Acts 2:27,31; Psalm 16:10.
Hell is the common grave of mankind where the dead sleep the deep sleep of death until they are resurrected. [Romans 6:7] Then, during Jesus peaceful 1000-year rule over earth, emptied-out hell dies out of existence according to Rev. 20:13,14.

The people of Matthew 25:32 are not in heaven or hell [gravedom], but are pictured as alive and living on earth at the time Jesus as Shepherd separates people one from another. The righteous are pictured not as worried but being praised for how they lived their lives in verses 34-40. They remain alive and keep right on living right into Jesus peaceful millennial rule over earth when as Rev. 21:4 says at that time 'death will be no more'. They have the prospect of never dying but gaining eternal or everlasting life on a peaceful earth.

look3467

Premium Member
Quote from: habliviolah.tripod.com/page34.htmAs you approach the Feilebnu,he suddenly comes at you firing his guns at full blast. You have no protection and are easy prey for your blood-thirsty enemy!

If you spell Feilebnu backwards reads unbelief.

The fact is that if we are in unbelief concerning the things of God, we are subject to the full blast of the evils of this world.

Just thought I'd go along with you guys reversing of words.

Blessings, AJ