• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation vs evolution

james dixon

Premium Member
Creation vs evolution

One is not mutually exclusive of the other. God created the seed of life and now He is just sitting back to see what we do with it.

At least this is how I see it.

How about you?

Faithofchristian

Jesus refuted texts all the time.

“The Bible” And “Christianity” are noeither synonymous nor interchangeable.

As to why would Jesus refute his own word ?
Jesus refuted man's teachings and doctrines.thats because man's teachings makes the word of God void.
That all depends on which Christianity your referring too.

james dixon

Premium Member
I do not know why this is in this thread, but none the less.

I agree, my post didn't belong here but having said that I knew some really bright people post here and if I wanted a good answer here is the place I could get it.

I wrongly thought the reason men go bald is because our brains need a lot of protein and since hair is a form of protein our brain used what would be hair for brain food instead.

my foolish thinking not withstanding

Faithofchristian

the Bible has been tested by Christians — and found wanting in terms of accurately scientifically describing the process of creation.

So what your saying is, that God's word was tested by Christians, how does that make a Christian ?
When in fact a Christian is to take in faith God's word. Not test Gods word.
Well they couldn't be much of a Christian to test God's word.
That's like Satan testing Christ Jesus in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Jesus refuted man's teachings and doctrines.thats because man's teachings makes the word of God void.
Jesus used many teaching tools. Not all of his word was meant to be taken literally.

The problem with believing the creation myths of Genesis is that you end up calling God a liar. The evidence for evolution is undeniable. But I doubt if you are willing to learn. Most creationists react defensively instead of approaching the problem honestly.

james dixon

Premium Member
The evidence for evolution is undeniable.

Yes, of course; just so long as you ignore the facts we find buried in the ground. Some believe we "evolved" from monkeys like ancestors but this joke falls apart when we still have monkeys climbing trees "today".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Creation vs evolution

One is not mutually exclusive of the other. God created the seed of life and now He is just sitting back to see what we do with it.

At least this is how I see it.

How about you?
There are many creationists that accept evolution. The Adam and Eve myth paints God as an immoral, incompetent, thug anyway. Must better to read it as a morality tale than as history.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, of course; just so long as you ignore the facts we find buried in the ground. Some believe we "evolved" from monkeys like ancestors but this joke falls apart when we still have monkeys climbing trees "today".

Oh my, that old lame argument.

Some people argue that Americans are "descended" from Europeans but this joke falls apart when we still have Europeans in France et al today.

You really need to learn what you are arguing against if you do not want to look foolish.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Jesus often said, “It is written... but I tell you...” A great examplevis when he said that “the sabbath was made for humanity — not humanity for the sabbath.” This stuff is written in the Bible and Jesus refutes it.

It wasn’t his own word, but it was OT Law.

There is only one Christianity. According to the Bible, at any rate.

sojourner

So what your saying is, that God's word was tested by Christians, how does that make a Christian ?
When in fact a Christian is to take in faith God's word. Not test Gods word.
Well they couldn't be much of a Christian to test God's word.
That's like Satan testing Christ Jesus in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights.
It doesn’t “make Christians.” But it does treat the texts responsibly.”

“God’s Word” And “ancient text” are two different things.

james dixon

Premium Member
You really need to learn what you are arguing against if you do not want to look foolish.

There is only one way to respond to the ignorance that resides here.

bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.
bla.,.,.to YOU

Please put me on ignore. I know that when I figure out how, I'm putting you on the dumist of the dumist list.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is only one way to respond to the ignorance that resides here.

bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.bla.,.,.
bla.,.,.to YOU

Please put me on ignore. I know that when I figure out how, I'm putting you on the dumist of the dumist list.
How could I help you learn if you did that? Why are you angry? Your post was so incredibly ignorant that a middle school student would have been ashamed of it. Don't you want to learn?

Faithofchristian

Jesus often said, “It is written... but I tell you...” A great examplevis when he said that “the sabbath was made for humanity — not humanity for the sabbath.” This stuff is written in the Bible and Jesus refutes it.

It wasn’t his own word, but it was OT Law.

There is only one Christianity. According to the Bible, at any rate.

Before Jesus died on the cross, people were under the law, to keep the seventh day Sabbath, But after Jesus died on the cross, we now rest in Christ Jesus.

Nope, there are two types of Christians.being spoken about in the Bible.

Have you not read what Jesus said in Matthew 24:5--"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ, and shall deceive many"

Who else besides Christians professes to come in the name of Christ.

Christ is abbreviation for Christian.
Christ = Christian.

So you have two types of Christians being spoken about in the Bible.

sojourner

Before Jesus died on the cross, people were under the law, to keep the seventh day Sabbath, But after Jesus died on the cross, we now rest in Christ Jesus.

Nope, there are two types of Christians.being spoken about in the Bible.

Have you not read what Jesus said in Matthew 24:5--"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ, and shall deceive many"

Christ is abbreviation for Christian.
Christ = Christian.

So you have two types of Christians being spoken about in the Bible.
We’re not talking about post-crucifixion. We’re talking about Jesus testing the texts.

“Coming in my name” =/= “Christian.” It = “deceivers.”

Faithofchristian

We’re not talking about post-crucifixion. We’re talking about Jesus testing the texts.

“Coming in my name” =/= “Christian.” It = “deceivers.”

Why would Jesus need to test the texts, Seeing the texts ( scriptures) is his word.

What Jesus is actually doing is condemning man's teachings and doctrines. And not the scriptures.

Those who confess to come in the name of Christ, to deceive many are the false Christians.
It's not hard at all to see exactly who Christ Jesus is speaking about.

Many Christians can't handle the fact Christ talking about them, As though their someone special.

sojourner

Why would Jesus need to test the texts, Seeing the texts ( scriptures) is his word.

What Jesus is actually doing is condemning man's teachings and doctrines. And not the scriptures
No. Jesus is testing the texts, themselves. “It is written” refers to scriptural texts.
The texts are not “Jesus’ words.” The texts to which he refers wrote written long before he was born.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Google "spitting on christians" to see why I am angry

That is no excuse. Being ignorant and angry is one of the worst possible combinations possible. You only make those that share your beliefs look even worse.

And if this is what you are mad about then atheists are the last people that you should be mad at:

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them

Would you like to learn or are you going to run away like most creationists do?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Boy...it's been way too long...
What was Jesus' last name ? Where did the `Christ` come from ? What was Joseph's last name ?
And more importantly...what was Mary's last name ?
I'm getting too old...memory fails me.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Well seeing Jesus is pointing out the false Christian by saying, ( For many shall come in my name saying, I am Christ, and shall deceive many" Matthew 24:5.

Who else besides Christians professes to come in the name of Christ ?

Therefore you have the false Christians, that shall come in Christ name, to deceive many.
The point isn't that they exist or that there arrival was foretold by Christ, the point is how do you know.

If a person tells me they are a Christian, that is all I have to go on about it. If they tell me that they are a Christian and commit sins, are they a false Christian or a sinning Christian?

Knowing they exist and being able to tease them out are two different things. Ultimately, you have to take on faith that someone is a false Christian, and even then, you could be wrong.