• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation vs evolution

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If this is biblical A&E, i don't know.

Genetic Adam most probably had a beard, around 100,000 years ago a beard was the height of fashion.

Genetic Eve, i don't know but presumably not (or not a full viking beard), after all she produced at least 5 children so someone must have "selected" her

Are you talking about Mitochondrial Eve? If so how is the number of her children known? I could see at least two, girls of course.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Migeon/Shimean....back to the Biblical A&E in E plus evolution.
And don't forget the clams in the dessert !
And apes with beards !

james dixon

Premium Member
Orangutan I would think is a more representative possibility.

I couldn't find a good picture of an Orangutan but I did find this------
Trump's great grandfather I believe--

Trump2.jpg

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Look, if a Christian stood out against the bible, then they are not a true Christian
Jesus refuted texts all the time.
Look, if a Christian stood out against the bible, then they are not a true Christian.

That's like saying, a person who is a evolutionist, would stand out against evolution.
Then they would not be a true evolutionist
“The Bible” And “Christianity” are noeither synonymous nor interchangeable.

sojourner

Where as the bible did not have to take any test to be qualified, The bible was qualified right from the start.

Therefore Christians do not have to test the bible to see if it's qualified, We already know that the Bible is qualified
the Bible has been tested by Christians — and found wanting in terms of accurately scientifically describing the process of creation.

sojourner

This has to be the dumbest waste of bandwidth of an argument against evolution I’ve ever seen. We test theories. That’s how the scientific method works. We test theories about the Bible too — ALL. THE. TIME.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Have you read Charles Darwin?

Charles Darwin writings are interesting and deserved to be honored as the first coherent science based hypothesis for evolution, . , . but as far as the current science of evolution Charles Darwin's writings are very outdated.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I can't figure out why men go bald and wemon don't?

I do not know why this is in this thread, but none the less.

Women do suffer from pattern baldness, but less than men.

From: Male Pattern Baldness: Causes, Identification, and Prevention
What causes male pattern baldness? One cause of male pattern baldness is genetics, or having a family history of baldness. Research has found that male pattern baldness is associated with male sex hormones called androgens. The androgens have many functions, including regulating hair growth.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
And the women don't either !

Women do suffer from pattern hair loss, but less than men.

Pattern hair loss, known as male-pattern hair loss (MPHL) when it affects males and female-pattern hair loss (FPHL) when it affects females, is hair loss that primarily affects the top and front of the scalp.[1] In males, the hair loss often presents as a receding hairline, while in females, it typically presents as a thinning of the hair.[1]

Male pattern hair loss is believed to be due to a combination of genetics and the male hormone dihydrotestosterone.[1] The cause in female pattern hair loss remains unclear.[1]

Management may include simply accepting the condition.[1]Otherwise, treatments may include minoxidil, finasteride, or hair transplant surgery.[1] Evidence for finasteride in women, however, is poor and it may result in birth defects if taken during pregnancy.[1]

Pattern hair loss by the age of 50 affects about half of males and a quarter of females.[1] It is the most common cause of hair loss."