• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation vs evolution

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Matthew vs. John..... plagiarism abounds !
Every apostle had his own interpretation of the writings.
It's all in what one believes is the true story of what Jesus was saying. It ends up depending on what Saul from `Paul's` lips to Peter and followers.
Where is the `truth` as written in this bible of yours, by what writer ?
Jesus didn't write these scripts, and a lot them, he did not say.
~
Oh well...this is getting nowhere...
Nuff Stuff

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There's no insult intended, alot of people don't know, what makes a Christian to be a Christian.

People seem to think that just because a person will say, I am a Christian that makes them a Christian.

What actually makes a Christian, is knowing the bible inside and out.

And not what some pastor, preacher will say.
There are alot of Christians that has no clue or idea what the Bible actually does say and support.
They only know what their Pastor's,Preachers will tell them.

But you do? and therfore set yourself up as judge and jury?
"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." ... Im sure you know the verse or a similar one in the bible you favour.

I have know (of) Dan for many years. He seems to be more of a chistian, in he sense of the NT (the OT is not christian but a clone of Hebrew scripture written before christ) than you could imagine. Never mind with the you have no clue or idea, its an insult plane and simple and in my opinion you owe Dan an apology.

No, wrong. What makes a christian is living in a christian like way. I know the bible quite well, i have read 3 different versions (cover to cover) and spent some time studying them, also snippets from several of the couple of hundred different versions (in english, never mind how many in other languages). Does that make me christian? No, i was researching what made some christians so petty, judgemental, vindictive and generally not nice people where difference is involved.

Your last paragraph seems to contradict your earlier post. But as you now indicate, these people who do not study the bible and take the word of their preacher (who incidentally probably have studied the bible) can also be christian.

P.s. consider a dyslexic, a devout christian who is unable to read any book, never mind a fragmented bible requiring time travel to make it make the sense some evangelical Christians spout. Does dyslexia make them less of a christian?

Faithofchristian

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." ... Im sure you know the verse or a similar one in the bible you favour.

I have know (of) Dan for many years. He seems to be more of a chistian, in he sense of the NT (the OT is not christian but a clone of Hebrew scripture written before christ) than you could imagine. Never mind with the you have no clue or idea, its an insult plane and simple and in my opinion you owe Dan an apology.

No, wrong. What makes a christian is living in a christian like way. I know the bible quite well, i have read 3 different versions (cover to cover) and spent some time studying them, also snippets from several of the couple of hundred different versions (in english, never mind how many in other languages). Does that make me christian? No, i was researching what made some christians so petty, judgemental, vindictive and generally not nice people where difference is involved.

Your last paragraph seems to contradict your earlier post. But as you now indicate, these people who do not study the bible and take the word of their preacher (who incidentally probably have studied the bible) can also be christian.

P.s. consider a dyslexic, a devout christian who is unable to read any book, never mind a fragmented bible requiring time travel to make it make the sense some evangelical Christians spout. Does dyslexia make them less of a christian?

Nope not at all, I let the bible show who is a Christian and who is not a Christian.

Since you stated, ( judge not, for in the way you judge, you shalt be judge)

Have you any idea what this means, This do not judge someone falsely, if you do, then Christ Jesus shall judge you.
But seeing I judge according to what the Bible gives, that I am not judging falsely.

Did you also know, that Christ Jesus also said, ( judge not by the appearance, but judge righeous judgement)

Do you understand this, This means, if you judge someone make absolutely sure what appears they are doing, is what they are doing. This is called Righteous Judgement.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Nope not at all, I let the bible show who is a Christian and who is not a Christian.

Since you stated, ( judge not, for in the way you judge, you shalt be judge)

Have you any idea what this means, This do not judge someone falsely, if you do, then Christ Jesus shall judge you.
But seeing I judge according to what the Bible gives, that I am not judging falsely.

Did you also know, that Christ Jesus also said, ( judge not by the appearance, but judge righeous judgement)

Do you understand this, This means, if you judge someone make absolutely sure what appears they are doing, is what they are doing. This is called Righteous Judgement.

Can you show me in the bible where it says a christian must know the bible inside and out (your claim)?

Interestingly, had i written what i expected you to say it would have been a close approximation to your actual circular reasoning. I think bible apologists would call that a holy prediction if it was in the bible.

It is you making judgment based on your personal interpretation of cherry picked bits of the bible, not the bible. As i say, i know Dan, you dont, the bible doesnt, so yes you are judging falsely based presupposition, bias and inadequate knowledge.

The verse i quoted doesnt mention falsely, its just a stawman you inserted to cover yourself in extra god points and consequently I'll ignore it.

And there you go again with the insults, the belittling dialog. YES I UNDERSTAND... DO YOU?

Faithofchristian

Can you show me in the bible where it says a christian must know the bible inside and out (your claim)?

Interestingly, had i written what i expected you to say it would have been a close approximation to your actual circular reasoning. I think bible apologists would call that a holy prediction if it was in the bible.

It is you making judgment based on your personal interpretation of cherry picked bits of the bible, not the bible. As i say, i know Dan, you dont, the bible doesnt, so yes you are judging falsely based presupposition, bias and inadequate knowledge.

The verse i quoted doesnt mention falsely, its just a stawman you inserted to cover yourself in extra god points and consequently I'll ignore it.

And there you go again with the insults, the belittling dialog. YES I UNDERSTAND... DO YOU?

1st John 2:20--"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things"

Therefore a Christian is to know all things.
And where else, but know all things in the Bible.

ChristineM

Premium Member
1st John 2:20--"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things"

Therefore a Christian is to know all things.
And where else, but know all things in the Bible.

So no inside and out then? Just your interpretation, thought so.

The bible is not all things, it is one book, 85% of which was written in the bronze age, the remaining 15% was compiled by committee from various disparate sources mostly without verification some 350 years after events.

So what do you know about dna splicing, quantum physics, particle accelerators, cancer medicine, international economics, brain surgery... Want me to go on?

And you have avoided my question about the dyslexic christian for some obscure reason.

Edit i should also add 1 John 2:20 is one of those verses that change from version to version and of course you are taking it out of context with the rest of 1 John 2

Last edited: