• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation vs evolution

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Every time I point out how the creationists argument that a god can just exist but universes need a creator is illogical they have no rational response. They typically just keep insisting that the universe needs a creator like a broken record without actually considering my LOGICAL counter argument to their claim. There is no reasoning with a person like that.
I went over that with a creationist friend of my brother's on facebook. He simply could not understand the special pleading fallacy that he was making. If the universe needs a creator since it is so large and complex then by the same "logic" that creator needs a creator.

And once again, sorry for misunderstanding your response to Guy Threepwood.

I went over that with a creationist friend of my brother's on facebook. He simply could not understand the special pleading fallacy that he was making. If the universe needs a creator since it is so large and complex then by the same "logic" that creator needs a creator.

And once again, sorry for misunderstanding your response to Guy Threepwood.

No prob, I've been known to misinterpret posts myself.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I think I've read most of this thread but I don't understand the initial argument.
I think the problem is with the numerator...or maybe the denomator,
not sure, but...why the need of ANY creator !
What's so unusual about `natural` evolution ? From the `beginning` to the coming end ?
But, `naturally` as rock's grow, and diminish, and sometimes they fall, it's all natural !
~
I think's it's about three minutes to midnight, in earths path,
and it hasn't anything to do with Jesus path, that has ended,
about two thousand years ago !
~
We are evolving as we read, aren't we, no creator of those thoughts are there ?
Now go back to your banter and wantor, and make a decision..... meet in you in Nirvana !

james dixon

Premium Member
Most of my life I believed in creationism as apposed to evolution. That was until now. I had to find a reason for the likes of trump and had to dismiss the idea that he was created but instead was a product of evolution instead.

In this search I found the point where he, as in the likes of trump branched off from the rest and remain in a perpetual circle unable to evolve remaining just as they were way back then.

The one titled “trumpit” stopped evolving from that point on, that is in the inside while the outside disguises itself as a modern-day human.

Or so it seems---

trumpite.png

james dixon

Premium Member
Wait, I might be wrong on this. If Trump stopped shaving I believe he would look more like this----

330px-Olive_baboon_Ngorongoro.jpg

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Look, if a Christian stood out against the bible, then they are not a true Christian.

That's like saying, a person who is a evolutionist, would stand out against evolution.
Then they would not be a true evolutionist.
That depends on what you mean by "stood out" and a Christian is a Christian so long as they accept Jesus Christ unless you know otherwise. I don't know of any reliable test for Christians. I recognize that there are errors and inconsistencies in the Bible, but I still accept it as the basis of my theology. There is no rule that says I have to bury my head in the sand to be a "true" Chrisitian and, in fact, I was given intellect for the reason of using it and not just to cut and paste other people's opinions into my views.

Faithofchristian

That depends on what you mean by "stood out" and a Christian is a Christian so long as they accept Jesus Christ unless you know otherwise. I don't know of any reliable test for Christians. I recognize that there are errors and inconsistencies in the Bible, but I still accept it as the basis of my theology. There is no rule that says I have to bury my head in the sand to be a "true" Chrisitian and, in fact, I was given intellect for the reason of using it and not just to cut and paste other people's opinions into my views.

Maybe you should explain that to Jesus.
For Jesus did say in Matthew 24:5--"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ, and shall deceive many"

Who else profess's to come in the name of Christ other than Christians ?
Thereby Jesus showing many shall come in his name are false,and shall deceive many.

Note that Christ is abbreviated for Christian.
Therefore you have two types of Christians in the world, one being the true and one being the false Christian.

One following the teachings of Christ Jesus and the other following the teachings of man's.

You do know, that Christ Jesus foretold in the book of Mark 13, What the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.
And when it will happen.
And by who can commit it.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
For Jesus did say in Matthew 24:5--"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ, and shall deceive many"

Thereby Jesus showing many shall come in his name are false,and shall deceive many.

Therefore you have two types of Christians in the world, one being the true and one being the false Christian.

One following the teachings of Christ Jesus and the other following the teachings of man's.

You do know, that Christ Jesus foretold in the book of Mark 13, What the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is.
And when it will happen.
But you can't tell one from the other and neither can I. Of course, you believe you can. Isn't that right?

I'm sorry, I can't bury my head in the sand and ignore reality to blindly follow an interpretation that is based on false assumptions.

Faithofchristian

But you can't tell one from the other and neither can I. Of course, you believe you can. Isn't that right?

I'm sorry, I can't bury my head in the sand and ignore reality to blindly follow an interpretation that is based on false assumptions.

Well it's not hard to tell the difference between the two. If you understand the teachings of Christ Jesus.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Well it's not hard to tell the difference between the two. If you understand the teachings of Christ Jesus.
All I can say is that rational, intelligent and honest people can't tell the difference between a Christian that is sinning and person that isn't a Christian, but claiming to be one. A Christian can sin you know.

Some say they can tell the difference. I don't believe them. It is just a way for one group to demonize another group and pass the buck to God. You can believe in God and accept science. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. You cannot reasonably claim to accept science and demand a literal, inerrant Bible. That is not denial of God or Christ. It's just using the brains he gave us.

Faithofchristian

All I can say is that rational, intelligent and honest people can't tell the difference between a Christian that is sinning and person that isn't a Christian, but claiming to be one. A Christian can sin you know.

Some say they can tell the difference. I don't believe them. It is just a way for one group to demonize another group and pass the buck to God. You can believe in God and accept science. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. You cannot reasonably claim to accept science and demand a literal, inerrant Bible. That is not denial of God or Christ. It's just using the brains he gave us.

Well seeing Jesus is pointing out the false Christian by saying, ( For many shall come in my name saying, I am Christ, and shall deceive many" Matthew 24:5.

Who else besides Christians professes to come in the name of Christ ?

Therefore you have the false Christians, that shall come in Christ name, to deceive many.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

And when it will happen.
How do you know that you are not the blasphemer?

If I remember correctly you believe that God is a liar, though you probably do not realize this.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Don't be sorry for using your (god god given) intelligence.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Sense I was a little boy, listening to Grandma's tales of Jesus and `God` and such,
`God` wrote ten verses and Jesus wrote none, except for scratches in the sand, once.
What we have heard are the apostle's words, and some plagiarisms of what Jesus supposedly said. Maybe Saul misquoted all of that, you think ?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Another question:
Do Apes have beards ?....Men do !....but not most women !
I can't figure that out !... Evolution ?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Did Adam have a beard ? Did he or Eve have scissors ? Did Eve have a beard ?
Or maybe a knife ? Or a clam shell from the dessert sands outside of Eden ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Did Adam have a beard ? Did he or Eve have scissors ? Did Eve have a beard ?
Or maybe a knife ? Or a clam shell from the dessert sands outside of Eden ?

If this is biblical A&E, i don't know.

Genetic Adam most probably had a beard, around 100,000 years ago a beard was the height of fashion.

Genetic Eve, i don't know but presumably not (or not a full viking beard), after all she produced at least 5 children so someone must have "selected" her