• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
According to you, too. :) But oops! It depends what textbook you read -- :)
Researcher points finger at inaccuracy in most biology textbooks (phys.org)

Do you know what a "So what?" argument is? It is one where even if your argument was correct that it would not make any difference. A person pointed out an error in regards to ferns. When it comes to evolution, especially human evolution, so what?

By the way, this is a feature of science, not a bug. When a mistake is found people can point it out. How do you deal with the countless errors in the Bible? How do you correct them? Or do you pretend that they do not exist?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
\
Do you know what a "So what?" argument is? It is one where even if your argument was correct that it would not make any difference. A person pointed out an error in regards to ferns. When it comes to evolution, especially human evolution, so what?

By the way, this is a feature of science, not a bug. When a mistake is found people can point it out. How do you deal with the countless errors in the Bible? How do you correct them? Or do you pretend that they do not exist?
If it's so what to you, that's what it is. What you have done (and others here) is prove (yes, prove -- ) again and again that aside from conjecture, there is no real substance (see? I won't use the word proof) to the theory except -- for -- conjecture. So again -- trees and animals -- do you agree with scientists (?) that they are from different clades? Or do you think that scientists have different ideas about this?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
\

If it's so what to you, that's what it is. What you have done (and others here) is prove (yes, prove -- ) again and again that aside from conjecture, there is no real substance (see? I won't use the word proof) to the theory except -- for -- conjecture. So again -- trees and animals -- do you agree with scientists (?) that they are from different clades? Or do you think that scientists have different ideas about this?
Let me ask you as question first. Since you insist on misusing terminology do you think that it has been proven that gravity is a fact?

And please, as a Christian you should be able to understand this. The accusation of "conjecture" is a very very serious one against scientists. How would you prove that what scientists are doing is "conjecture"? When you use certain terms, which in this case appears to be a false accusation of others how would you prove your claims?

Heyo

Veteran Member
I agree that's what biology textbooks say. When I went to school I learned and believed what they taught me. :) About evolution. :) As if it's true. That's the way it is because that's what scientists and textbooks say. :)
Wait ... you went to school and learned what the the textbooks say? And then you had an accident with a severe head trauma so you now don't remember a thing?

Heyo

Veteran Member
No? Technically death is not necessary for natural selection to work? Is it part of the process of evolution, with or without natural selection?
Just imagine all of your ancestors still being alive. Aside from the obvious space problem (which isn't part of the ToE), would that have prevented you?
Dying is evolutionary advantageous as the old now don't compete for resources but it doesn't change mutations and natural selection. (Except that the group with too many old individuals is taking up more resources.)

Heyo

Veteran Member
Really, all I have to do now is read your replies saying what you know and believe as well as others here. Who needs school when you're around to explain things? :)
I can recommend a video series to refresh your education.

Aron explains why you are an animal (and a vertebrate and a mammal and a primate etc.).

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Since you don't believe in the creation and fall of Adam, you obviously do not understand the unfolding of history and the decision of God. But! -- have a nice day. :)
Maybe you think evolution by natural selection is inherently without pain?
Sorry, but this is something of a cop-out answer.
If I don't understand something, explain it to me, as that other poster was attempting to do. Don't just declare that I'm incapable of understanding it. That's nonsense.
The problem is, every time I get someone to try to explain it to me, it becomes even more nonsensical. And then the other person just declares "oh well you just don't understand." I think the problem is that I do understand, and it just doesn't make sense when you actually starting getting into the details of this stuff.

YoursTrue

I can recommend a video series to refresh your education.

Aron explains why you are an animal (and a vertebrate and a mammal and a primate etc.).
It doesn't matter to me anymore what explanations are given as to how the presumptions by those you believe in are made and the conjectures by "scientists." Please have a nice day.

YoursTrue

Just imagine all of your ancestors still being alive. Aside from the obvious space problem (which isn't part of the ToE), would that have prevented you?
Dying is evolutionary advantageous as the old now don't compete for resources but it doesn't change mutations and natural selection. (Except that the group with too many old individuals is taking up more resources.)
The idea that animals other than yourself would still be alive is not supported in the Bible. But anyway, yes, have a nice day. Again.

YoursTrue

Wait ... you went to school and learned what the the textbooks say? And then you had an accident with a severe head trauma so you now don't remember a thing?
Wow. Your brain isn't processing things right. Have a nice day.

YoursTrue

Let me ask you as question first. Since you insist on misusing terminology do you think that it has been proven that gravity is a fact?

And please, as a Christian you should be able to understand this. The accusation of "conjecture" is a very very serious one against scientists. How would you prove that what scientists are doing is "conjecture"? When you use certain terms, which in this case appears to be a false accusation of others how would you prove your claims?
Let me ask you a question about Darwin and his subsequent conjectures or ideas about what he was taught about Christianity. This is in regard to evolution and death. How do you feel about death? Is it something you think is inevitable as long as there is life? In other words, if a close friend or relative dies, do you think, "Well, that's life (or death) and it's inevitable. No use pondering over it or feeling bad." Do you think about your own death, is it something you shrug your shoulders and say, "Well, that's part of life (or evolution)," so I don't feel bad about it. After all, you didn't ask to be alive, did you, before or while you were a cell in your mother's womb?