• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could God be convicted for discrimination?

RamaRaksha

*banned*
To echo a similar thread, God runs segregated heavens limited to members only. You can't get in if you are not a christian, and in the case of islam, muslims. God reduced to being a proselytizer - that should give us a clue that this is not god talking, but a religion speaking for god.

If a Hiring manager were to do the same, only hire people of his religion, that would be discrimination and he would be hauled into court.

Why is it, when it comes to religion, people lose their morals and values?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Rev Rick,

Could God be convicted for discrimination? We already hung him on a cross, what more do you want?
Jesus was nailed on the cross is right BUT *god* remains only a concept even if Jesus used *father* as a label.

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend dogsgod,

If God lived on earth, all his windows would be broken.

There is no if, what is label *God* is what Is everywhere and so his windows are always getting broken everyday.

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend RamRaksha,

Could God be convicted for discrimination?

Humans have developed the concept of *God* and humans alone are dividing to rule even in the name of religion.

Love & rgds

John D

Spiritsurfer
Last time I checked -His doorsign said - "Everybody may enter through this DOOR - Jesus Christ - All welcome".

If you stay outside - it is entirely your own decission. :yes:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend John,

Last time I checked -His doorsign said - "Everybody may enter through this DOOR - Jesus Christ - All welcome".

If you stay outside - it is entirely your own decission.

Yes, was already inside when he was hanging the door sign for others.

Love & rgds

Beaudreaux

If you stay outside - it is entirely your own decission. :yes:
:no: First of all, door signs are easily seen and clearly understood by everyone. If I see a door that says "Men", I have years of past experience that tells me this is the door to the public men's restroom. If I see a door sign that says "Exit", again, I have years of experience that tells me that door will lead me out of the building I am in. But the "Jesus will save you if you enter" sign does not exist for me to see. Even if it did, I have no experience to verify its message. :no:

Secondly, people don't "choose" their beliefs. Beliefs are core to your being and happen to you based on your genetics and environment. Could you decided to believe in Thor for a while? Just to try it out? How about deciding to switch your sexual orientation. Maybe just for a few minutes. You can't do that. An analogy that makes your belief in a worldview similar to choosing to enter the men's room is just silly. :sorry1:

RamaRaksha

*banned*
:no: First of all, door signs are easily seen and clearly understood by everyone. If I see a door that says "Men", I have years of past experience that tells me this is the door to the public men's restroom. If I see a door sign that says "Exit", again, I have years of experience that tells me that door will lead me out of the building I am in. But the "Jesus will save you if you enter" sign does not exist for me to see. Even if it did, I have no experience to verify its message. :no:

Secondly, people don't "choose" their beliefs. Beliefs are core to your being and happen to you based on your genetics and environment. Could you decided to believe in Thor for a while? Just to try it out? How about deciding to switch your sexual orientation. Maybe just for a few minutes. You can't do that. An analogy that makes your belief in a worldview similar to choosing to enter the men's room is just silly. :sorry1:

I am not so sure that we don't choose our beliefs, as we age our beliefs may change over time. But I do agree that one should not be punished simply because they don't agree with this so-called god's. They have lassoed god and turned him into a common proselytizer - believe in me or else! That's not a choice. That's like putting a gun to your head and saying do this or else i pull the trigger. A cult masquerading as a religion, IMHO.

Moonstone

inactive
Depends on which God you're refering to. I can think of a few examples of a God that could be convicted for discrimination against Homosexuals, people who don't believe in him, etc. ;)
-Dot