• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coronavirus -- Trump of the Past failed to warn Trump of the Present

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
On October 17, 2014, @realDonaldTrump tweeted:

"Obama just appointed an Ebola Czar with zero experience in the medical area and zero experience in infectious disease control A TOTAL JOKE!"

Oh, and did anybody notice that this same Donald Trump just appointed VP Mike Pence as Corona Virus Czar? What's his medical or infectious disease control experience? Heck, the man's afraid to get to close to women! :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The coronavirus might become Trump's Katrina. Time will tell.

But it is not just the physical illness that could cause Trump some problems. About half of Americans would be hard pressed to meet an unexpected expense of just $400. The virus could cause a lot of people enough financial loss to put them in a sour mood. Even people who don't get the flu.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
At first it necessary to put the coronavirus in perspective. Like flus the coronavirus will be with humans in a cyclic manner after it moved from animals to humans

Let's compare flu and coronavirus: This Past Flu Season Was the Longest in 10 Years, the CDC Says

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That's fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC's 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths.

It is possible that an extremely virulent strain of flu like the one that hit im 1918-1919 that killed ~50,000,000.

Second Trump's greatest sin is he reduced funding to the agencies that deal would deal with this in the past and . . .
https://www.washingtonpost.com/scie...8dd784-4c2d-11ea-b721-9f4cdc90bc1c_story.html

President Trump once again is asking Congress to make major cuts to the budgets of science and health agencies while favoring research deemed essential to national security.

The 2021 budget request delivered Monday to Congress includes a nearly 10 percent cut to Health and Human Services and a 26 percent cut to the Environmental Protection Agency.

Terry Sampson

Oh, and did anybody notice that this same Donald Trump just appointed VP Mike Pence as Corona Virus Czar?
Hold on! ... I thought Alex Azar was the Virus Czar? Azar's the one with the qualifications ....
  • In June 2007, Azar was hired by Eli Lilly and Company chief executive officer Sidney Taurel to be the company's top lobbyist and spokesman as its Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Communications.[ Azar left the position after the 2008 United States presidential election was won by Democratic Party candidate Barack Obama and the corporation wanted to replace Azar, a Republican, with a Democrat in that role.
  • In April 2009, Azar became Vice President of Lilly's U.S. Managed Healthcare Services organization and its Puerto Rico affiliate. In 2009, the company paid $1.415 billion to settle criminal charges regarding its promotion of antipsychotic drug Zyprexa (olanzapine) for off-label uses between 1999 and 2005.
  • Effective January 1, 2012, Azar became President of Lilly USA, LLC, the largest division of Eli Lilly and Company, and was responsible for the company's entire operations in the United States. Prices for drugs rose substantially under Azar's leadership. In connection with the position, Azar served on the board of directors of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, a pharmaceutical lobby.
  • In January 2017, Azar resigned from Eli Lilly "to pursue other career opportunities" as a result of a company reorganization. He also resigned from the board of directors of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization.
  • On November 13, 2017, President Trump announced via Twitter that he would nominate Azar to be the next Secretary of Health and Human Services.[ Many health care advocates raised concerns about the nomination, citing Azar's track record of raising drug prices and his opposition to Obamacare; his preferences, that is, for a "free market" to meet all Americans' health care needs. Critics noted that Azar approved a doubling in the of price of insulin while CEO of Eli Lilly. In spite of objections, his nomination was relatively smooth. Azar was confirmed on January 24, 2018, with a vote of 55–43,] with most Democrats opposed. Voting against him, Oregon Senator Ron Wyden, ranking member on the Senate Finance Committee, said that while Azar was at Eli Lilly, he "...never, not one time, signed off on a decrease in the price of a drug.
  • Sworn in as Secretary of Dapartment of Health and Human Services (HHS) on January 29, 2018.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The 2021 budget request delivered Monday to Congress includes a nearly 10 percent cut to Health and Human Services and a 26 percent cut to the Environmental Protection Agency.

<sarcasm> Of course the cuts are there. What do we need the government to do that for us when we can and should do it individually all by ourselves. </sarcasm>

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
On October 17, 2014, @realDonaldTrump tweeted:

"Obama just appointed an Ebola Czar with zero experience in the medical area and zero experience in infectious disease control A TOTAL JOKE!"

Oh, and did anybody notice that this same Donald Trump just appointed VP Mike Pence as Corona Virus Czar? What's his medical or infectious disease control experience? Heck, the man's afraid to get to close to women! :D
A bicycle I ordered from a Canadian manufacturer is
seeing delays due to the virus....trouble getting parts
from overseas. Who should I blame?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Eh, by now people are either already well aware that Trump is a hypocritical buffoon or are deeply in denial about it.
We're well beyond the point of someone taking pause and thinking "hmm, maybe Trump's intelligence and honesty really are lacking afterall."

Heyo

Veteran Member
Sarcasm noted. What would be a real rational response?
Ask congress to put up a fund that pays for testing for and treatment of Corvid-19. Incentivises people to go to the doctor instead of ignoring symptoms and spreading the virus.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Who should I blame?

Yesterday we did a money transfer from GBP to EUR. We got €135 less than we would have received just a week ago.

Do i blame the coronavirus for the crashing exchange rate or should i blame trump?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yesterday we did a money transfer from GBP to EUR. We got €135 less than we would have received just a week ago.

Do i blame the coronavirus for the crashing exchange rate or should i blame trump?
Tis always safe to blame Trump.
But in a pinch, you can blame Bush.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Johnson, May, Farage, the Brexiteers, the EU and, of course, Putin. It is always save to blame Putin.