• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Consciousness Collapses In On Itself At Death?

Do you believe Conscapsis is a plausible theory?

• Total voters

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a degree in theology you have stated exactly the ChristiAn reasoning in context to God or consciousness Where do you imAgine it came from science? It's like a collection agreement is it true? Did Jesus literally rise from the dead? We are smart you are stupid you are a star fish. We are smart you are stupid you are a native American. We Re smart you are stupid we have science you have mythology. I am all about nature not our ideas about nature. You should try actually getting out and camping a 1000 days in the wilderness really changed ones perspective. John Muir wasn't a fool bit a pretty sharp eyed scientist Artist.
I don't imagine anything 'comes from science,' as science is a process for making conclusions about observations. I'm certainly not a Christian either, so I'm wondering where this is coming from? Because I define consciousness as emergent of the brain, ergo animals without brains can't be considered conscious? This is obviously not human exclusive as many animals that are non-human animals do have brains and consciousness and even self-awareness.

MD

qualiaphile
Once again, whatever helps you sleep at night. If you approach your philosophical knowledge as absolute and approach debate that way you shouldn't be surprised to be labeled as arrogant as you accuse. (Which, incidentally, is an assumption about others presented as fact, so I'd also call you a hypocrite, but you're not really worth the effort.)

HAHAHAHAHA for someone who is not worth the effort you sure are wasting a lot of time replying to me

David T

Premium Member
I don't imagine anything 'comes from science,' as science is a process for making conclusions about observations. I'm certainly not a Christian either, so I'm wondering where this is coming from? Because I define consciousness as emergent of the brain, ergo animals without brains can't be considered conscious? This is obviously not human exclusive as many animals that are non-human animals do have brains and consciousness and even self-awareness.
Intellect and consciousness are radically different but never separate..intresting it show up in the Russell parAdox in naive set theory. Think about cbristtianities views on intellect. Rather curious don't you think the intellect or the mind or the nous is held to be the divine governance of reality. Its called Phythagorism 2600 years ago.

David T

Premium Member

Tough topic. we may be talking about two totally different things which is a problematic topic at best.

a muse.
So I am talking about nature an you are talking about the skills required to create the painting as in the magritte? Well then I apologize I thought if the discussion were about consciousness it would include the background state (nature) not separate from the background state. In regards to emergence you are correct, there is nothing in nature that would lead one to assume that there would be a painter painting a painting of the landscape, and or a painter painting a painting of the landescape and the painting. These are rather impossible to predict based on simply predictive aspects of science. I like the term landescapej, sounds alice in wonderlandish!!

Attachments

• the-human-condition-1935(1).jpg
    the-human-condition-1935(1).jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 75

idav

Being
Premium Member
I have coined a term out of a lack of a better word, Conscapsis, which means that when a person dies from brain death, their consciousness collapses in on itself, just like how a super massive star collapses in on itself into a black hole.

This, as a Deist, is what I believe about the afterlife. But, beyond Conscapsis, I have no idea what happens at the singularity of this collapsed energy of consciousness.

In your honest opinion, what would happen to the conscious mind after Conscapsis, if my theory is true?
The data can't disappear, it is etched in non-type. Like the data on your computer. The data would never go away if,for example, a secret service everything based system was secretly storing all your data. I think the event horizon links all space and time.