• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conscious Reality

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
*** Moderation Post ****

Please be reminded of Rule 6:

6. Illegal Activities
Advocating or discussing personal engagement in illegal activities or criminal organizations (such as hate groups or terrorist groups) is prohibited in all areas of RF. Illegal activities are defined based on United States law, and include but are not limited to: drug use, theft, piracy, vandalism, and all violent crimes. Voicing opposition to illegal activities and criminal organizations, or debating changes to current criminal law, may be acceptable at the discretion of the RF staff.

David T

Premium Member
So the question is whether the experiences are *solely* neurologic or whether they correspond to something that isn't just inside of our heads. Walking in nature means we interact with something other than ourselves. Dreams aren't like that.
Nature is the dream it's not some magic phenomena independently separate from nature. And the cranium is not the superior nor the solely functioning in a completely inferior fantasy dead reality the dead only exists in the "higher functioning" Part of the brain interpretively illudionarialy created by that single region of neurology. It's stupid not "smart" as it loves to believe. Higher functioning hahaha haha!!!!! Cute.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Nature is the dream it's not some magic phenomena independently separate from nature. And the cranium is not the superior nor the solely functioning in a completely inferior fantasy dead reality the dead only exists in the "higher functioning" Part of the brain interpretively illudionarialy created by that single region of neurology. It's stupid not "smart" as it loves to believe. Higher functioning hahaha haha!!!!! Cute.

Sorry, I am having trouble parsing this. Could you repeat in other words?

David T

Premium Member
*** Moderation Post ****

Please be reminded of Rule 6:

6. Illegal Activities
Advocating or discussing personal engagement in illegal activities or criminal organizations (such as hate groups or terrorist groups) is prohibited in all areas of RF. Illegal activities are defined based on United States law, and include but are not limited to: drug use, theft, piracy, vandalism, and all violent crimes. Voicing opposition to illegal activities and criminal organizations, or debating changes to current criminal law, may be acceptable at the discretion of the RF staff.
? Read my post I have never even taken a magic mushroom. It's clear in my post. I only comment Ted on the absurdity of the law itself. That's not illegal. Nor is it to discuss illegal mushrooms I never have even taken one I don't need to my reading comprehension skills are very very high, most have very very low reading comprehension skills.

dfnj

? Read my post I have never even taken a magic mushroom. It's clear in my post. I only comment Ted on the absurdity of the law itself. That's not illegal. Nor is it to discuss illegal mushrooms I never have even taken one I don't need to my reading comprehension skills are very very high, most have very very low reading comprehension skills.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Indeed!!! They grow around here abundantly!! Only one death can be attributed to them when a man ate 30 of them. I like the redness of this one very fire ish. I was at a state park in a class a state park official talked about mushrooms mentioned ones that are a very serious felony to pick called locally azzys. They are some of the most potent in the world. I asked is it illegal to pick deadly mushrooms he said no. I said " so you are saying, mushrooms that can kill us dead are totally legal to pick but the ones that might alter our perceptions are illegal?" he paused started to laugh and said "yes".. I said "that makes total sense" about 30 people were laughing with most of us curious about azzys.

All my writings flip around the nonsense pretty quickly even if people don't understand it.

heck, i've seen them growing on my property.

i thought they had to be processed a certain way before ingesting.

evidently they are legal everywhere in the USA except for Louisiana

it is illegal in most state parks and national forests to remove any thing without a permit.

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
are they illegal to pick in the state you were in? or are they illegal to pick everywhere in the United States?

heck, i've seen them growing on my property.

i thought they had to be processed a certain way before ingesting.
Totally illegal nationally a very serious felony. I am In Astoria oregon0

allfoak

Alchemist
Is consciousness a reality unto itself?

as an example dream time.
Consciousness is separate and not separate.
That makes it reality and illusion both.
The paradox can only be understood when we come to know our soul-self.

David T

Premium Member
someone has it wrong then.

Simon’s Amanita Muscaria Guide | Simon's Legal Highs

a number of other sites are listing it as legal. i don't see how it can be illegal. it grows naturally all around the world.

the FDA lists it as poisonous and neither legal/illegal

FDA Poisonous Plant Database

Magic mushrooms are illegal. The one I showed is not illegal to pick at all and theoretically can kill you if you work at it. I only posted it as a metaphor for something else not literally fungi relate but... I love discovering those particular ones especially though really beautiful. You can eat them but.. I wouldn't recommend. It at all. There are other very very deadly "mushrooms" I am alluding to In a sense, that is clear not clear intentionally in what I posted!!!!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Magic mushrooms are illegal. The one I showed is not illegal to pick at all and theoretically can kill you if you work at it. I only posted it as a metaphor for something else not literally fungi relate but... I love discovering those particular ones especially though really beautiful. You can eat them but.. I wouldn't recommend. It at all. There are other very very deadly "mushrooms" I am alluding to In a sense, that is clear not clear intentionally in what I posted!!!!
amanita muscaria doesn't contain psylocibin, isn't in the family of magic mushrooms, but back to the topic.

Grandliseur

Dreams are produced in the brain and so exist as brain states and are part of reality.

That doesn't mean the experiences in dreams are non-fiction.
While true, it also seems that much in the dreams is influenced by a person's activities, whether these are physical labor, exchanges of communication, or mental activity, or a mixture of the above. I would even go so far to say that there are times where the unconscious sleeping person may without realizing it be working on the solution to some problems. Some people seem to have woken up with the solution to a problem fresh in their minds, having solved this in a dream state?!

atanu

Premium Member
Is consciousness a reality unto itself?

as an example dream time.

As per Vedanta, based on experience of seers, the non dual truth brooks no difference between the aware and the awareness itself. So .....:)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
While true, it also seems that much in the dreams is influenced by a person's activities, whether these are physical labor, exchanges of communication, or mental activity, or a mixture of the above. I would even go so far to say that there are times where the unconscious sleeping person may without realizing it be working on the solution to some problems. Some people seem to have woken up with the solution to a problem fresh in their minds, having solved this in a dream state?!

Sure. In fact, one of the hypotheses about dreams is that they allow us to think through problems in a simulated environment (which is safer). That is why most mammals dream.

Grandliseur

Sure. In fact, one of the hypotheses about dreams is that they allow us to think through problems in a simulated environment (which is safer). That is why most mammals dream.
In fact, last night I dreamt about how to conjugate 'vieux' for some reason.:D French is one of my favorite languages. Used to speak it. Recently, a young french lady told me she could even tell from my accent where I learned it. But, I have had no chance to use it except for a very little bit since about 1973.