• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congratulations U.K. Boris Johnson is your New P.M.!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am glad that I am not as bitter and twisted as some people are.

When your families future is under threat then decent and honest would make their feelings known. It does not mean they are bitter and twisted, it means they care for their family and for their country.

There are some who dont give a damn so long as they are all right jack

shmogie

You have not been reading my posts, i am not repeating them but will say again, there is no competition for the dirty jobs, brits brits dont want them, what they want if for the health service and food supplies to work as cheaply as possible without getting their own hands dirty.

If legal, unskilled aliens did not exist the NHS would not function. These aliens are leaving in droves in advance of brexit which is why supermarkets are stockpiling foods for the forthcoming shortages.
If the dirty jobs paid 25 pounds per hour, do you think Britains would be interested in them ?

If you are right about aliens leaving, then Brexit will have done another great service for Britain.

ChristineM

Premium Member
If the dirty jobs paid 25 pounds per hour, do you think Britains would be interested in them ?

If you are right about aliens leaving, then Brexit will have done another great service for Britain.

If the dirty jobs warranted or could be sustained at £25 per hour then sure. But minimum wage is what the dirty jobs command, like it or not that isnt going to change.

Tell that to those on longer and longer waiting lists for healthcare or those recovering from surgery on dirty wards. Tell if to the starving children when food shortages hit because crops are rotting in the fields and the traditional crop pickers are now picking crops in spain or italy or france or germany or any of the other European countries. Yeah, great service.

Notanumber

A Free Man
When your families future is under threat then decent and honest would make their feelings known. It does not mean they are bitter and twisted, it means they care for their family and for their country.

There are some who dont give a damn so long as they are all right jack

You obviously do not like Boris but that will not prevent him from doing his best for the NHS according to his speech.

You might not believe him but I believe that we should give him the benefit of the doubt then we can call him a liar if he backtracks.

Notanumber

A Free Man
If the dirty jobs warranted or could be sustained at £25 per hour then sure. But minimum wage is what the dirty jobs command, like it or not that isnt going to change.

Tell that to those on longer and longer waiting lists for healthcare or those recovering from surgery on dirty wards. Tell if to the starving children when food shortages hit because crops are rotting in the fields and the traditional crop pickers are now picking crops in spain or italy or france or germany or any of the other European countries. Yeah, great service.

What about short-term visas for seasonal farm workers?

ChristineM

Premium Member
You obviously do not like Boris but that will not prevent him from doing his best for the NHS according to his speech.

You might not believe him but I believe that we should give him the benefit of the doubt then we can call him a liar if he backtracks.

Loved him on HIGNIFY that's where he belongs

Boris has already proven himself to be a liar, according to a previous speech emblazoned on the side of a bus his best for the NHS is screwing them, he's on private healthcare so what makes you think he will repent?

I give people one chance, and its true, i hate lies

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
What about short-term visas for seasonal farm workers?

Seasonal workers come and go, they cross borders as necessary. We are making the trips to the uk too difficult to bother. They are going back to their traditional work routines. Added to that the fall in the value of the pound have made working here second best.

siti

If you had bothered to listen to his speech before reacting, you would have realised that he is going to sort out the NHS.
Oh yes that! When did we last have a PM who didn't promise to sort out the NHS? I'm thinking maybe Churchill - first term.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Jayne Adye, the Director of Get Britain Out, an independent cross-party Eurosceptic group, said:

“It’s time for Boris Johnson, as our new Prime Minister, to get on and deliver a clean and real Brexit for the British people. Johnson winning the role of Prime Minister is the biggest victory for Brexit since the result of the EU Referendum on June 23 2016.”

“No longer will there be a Remainer trying to fake their way through leading this proud country on Brexit. The British people have watched this country being made a mockery of during the negotiations with the EU. With a disastrous PM in Theresa May – who would say one thing to the public, but then another to the EU”.

BORIS - A Nemesis To The EU?