• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congratulations U.K. Boris Johnson is your New P.M.!

Notanumber

A Free Man
What jobs? No self respecting brit will sweep the roads, clean the toilets, pick the fruit or clean up vomit from hospital wards for that sort of money. Yes they shot themselves in the foot, as services begin to collapse.

We Leavers do not believe in slavery or slave wages.

There used to be a saying, where there is muck there is money.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
No in the UK haters usually scaremonger, about the NHS, Education, jobs and throw in the usual unfounded racist, sexist, rhetoric

Claims of being Far -right and Nazi also seemed popular there and in France in the last five years or so to smear political enemies. This is what has interested me most about the politics over the pond, what we saw in France, the U.K., and Germany happened pretty much right before the same types of smears happened in the U.S.

Last edited:

Darkforbid

Claims of being Far -right and Nazi seemed popular there and in France in the last five years or so to smear political enemies. This is what has interested me most about the politics over the pond, what we saw in France, the U.K., and Germany happened pretty much right before the same types of smears happened in the U.S.

Yes, and the people guilty of it claim to be highly moral and in favour of open debate

Altfish

Veteran Member
Obama was elected for two terms, was he an illegitimate president due to an undemocratic system or is it just undemocratic when someone you don't like get's in?
I think in any election what you call the popular vote is the most important measure of the countries wishes,
ie If more people vote for Candidate A than Candidate B then A becomes president. The electoral college skews this.
We have a similar problem with our constituency system.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Yes, and the people guilty of it claim to be highly moral and in favour of open debate

Russians were another scapegoat and boogeyman for all three from Brexit, to Marine Le Pen, to Merkel not getting as many votes as some thought she should have gotten.
One example that stands out was when it was claimed that Marine Le Pen was under control of the Russians because she borrowed money from a Russian linked bank, the reason she got a loan from that bank is because there were banks in the E.U. that would not loan money to the FN or it's officers. "Not one centime!" a pretty shady and underhanded way to attempt to silence a political party while smearing them for getting a loan from those willing to finance them.

Darkforbid

Russians were another scapegoat and boogeyman for all three from Brexit, to Marine Le Pen, to Merkel not getting as many votes as some thought she should have gotten.
One example that stands out was when it was claimed that Marine Le Pen was under control of the Russians because she borrowed money from a Russian linked bank, the reason she got a loan from that bank is because there were banks in the E.U. that would not loan money to the FN or it's officers. "Not one centime!" a pretty shady and underhanded way to attempt to silence a political party while smearing them for getting a loan from those willing to finance them.

Not to mention the EU depending on Russia gas

Personally I think after we leave many others will follow

The only way to stop smear campaign politics is to reinstate treason laws a backwards step I know

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We Leavers do not believe in slavery or slave wages.

There used to be a saying, where there is muck there is money.

Correct, so who is going to do the crappy, low paid jobs after brexit, not you leavers. And they are still going to need doing.

Or do you think those jobs will do themselves?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Claims of being Far -right and Nazi also seemed popular there and in France in the last five years or so to smear political enemies. This is what has interested me most about the politics over the pond, what we saw in France, the U.K., and Germany happened pretty much right before the same types of smears happened in the U.S.

Painting the le pen crowd nazi is an abysmal slight of fascism.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Obama was elected for two terms, was he an illegitimate president due to an undemocratic system or is it just undemocratic when someone you don't like get's in?
The people voted and Obama got the most votes.
That's what makes his presidency more democraticly legitimate than Trump's.

Not to comment on the current situation, but I've long wished that the USA had a more parliamentary system in Washington DC.
Tom

ChristineM

Premium Member
We managed quite well before all this mass immigration.

You mean when the immigration was from Pakistan? Or before that the Caribbean or before that from china?

The only reason the uk has done well is because there has been a steady supply of immigrants for the last 150 years (probably longer) who have been more than willing to take the low paid jobs that brits dont want, they would rather collect social security and family credit than get their hands dirty