• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats PRESIDENT Obama

Luminous

non-existential luminary
"Howling Non Progressives" ???

Enlighten me, just what would you consider progress?
by progressive i mean, ending slavery and segregation and religion and traditions...and also building roads and schools and technology(not corporations)
etc.
Some of us are very happy with our lives and don't consider lowering the bar so everyone else can "catch up" is an improvement on things.
Gosh... the bar should be raised higher. Its too low and i keep tripping on it. :D
If I am a non progressive would that make you an underachiever?

yes im underachiever and always will be, i always have to strive more more; some call that ambition, i call it "noncomplasancy".
thank you for accidentally enlightening me. I'm sure dear Gautama has said something simmilar somewhere.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Enlighten me, just what would you consider progress? Some of us are very happy with our lives and don't consider lowering the bar so everyone else can "catch up" is an improvement on things.

Rick, was this child an underachiever?

blurb200_lg.jpg

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.

Enlighten me, just what would you consider progress? Some of us are very happy with our lives and don't consider lowering the bar so everyone else can "catch up" is an improvement on things.

It is my belief that remaining stationary is under achieving.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Congrats PRESIDENT Obama
Greetings. Getting back more to the OP, one might find these views on President Obama's election interesting. They are from those of us with spiritual inclinations who are associates or guests of Ken Wilber's Integral Institute: Perspectives on President Obama | Integral Life

It is difficult to express all of the positive reasons that Americans have associated with congratulations to President Obama and with this election, but this group has captured some interesting ones including the following personal note from Shawn Phillips that has been echoed by many:

"What strikes me about Obama is not just his mastery of seemingly every moment, his skillfulness in answering questions or his ever present ease, but that I personally find myself inspired by the man himself. He is without question the first President or high-ranking government official that that has made me want to be a better person."

Kcnorwood

"What strikes me about Obama is not just his mastery of seemingly every moment, his skillfulness in answering questions or his ever present ease, but that I personally find myself inspired by the man himself. He is without question the first President or high-ranking government official that that has made me want to be a better person."

This is why he is doomed to fail....

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

This is why he is doomed to fail....
Could you elaborate? I don't follow.

Kcnorwood

Could you elaborate? I don't follow.

People seem to believe that he's this great savior & that he's going to end all our problems by him just being in office. He's a human being who puts his pants on one leg at a time. People need to stop thinking he's going to solve all our problems. Sure he might make some things better, but there is no way he's this savior that everyone thinks he is.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Phil, over half of the Obama supporters could not tell you who the speaker of the house is, you know, three heart beats away from the presidency!
I'm willing to bet that half of McCain supporters probably couldn't have named her either.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
People seem to believe that he's this great savior & that he's going to end all our problems by him just being in office. He's a human being who puts his pants on one leg at a time. People need to stop thinking he's going to solve all our problems. Sure he might make some things better, but there is no way he's this savior that everyone thinks he is.
Honestly, the only people I've seen who think anything like that are the people attributing it to others. I'm a rabid supporter, yes. Not because I think he's a savior, but because, for the first time in my life, I see a President worth following. He's inspirational, we haven't had that in a long time, and people are excited. We're not stupid.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
FSM is merciful, so... YES!.
FYI: i'm just kidding.
i don't know where this "savior" cr*p comes from, but i'm sure its from howling nonprogressives. people who like and admire him, simply like and admire him. As I remember... it was the lunatic fringe who jumped to conclusions saying he was the anti-christ and whatnot. they prayed to their 3in1 man in the sky, but the mystical earth spirits won! :D Thankyou FSM, for empowering the MES.

Last edited:

Elessar

FSM is merciful, so... YES!.
FYI: i'm just kidding.
i don't know where this "savior" cr*p comes from, but i'm sure its from howling nonprogressives. people who like and admire him, simply like and admire him. As I remember... it was the lunatic fringe who jumped to conclusions saying he was the anti-christ and whatnot. they prayed to their 3in1 man in the sky, but the mystical earth spirits won! :D Thankyou FSM, for empowering the MES.

What do you mean mystical earth spirits won? I was praying to MY big man in the sky for Obama to win, not to some earth spirits! :D

Luminous

non-existential luminary
What do you mean mystical earth spirits won? I was praying to MY big man in the sky for Obama to win, not to some earth spirits! :D
sorry, i saw this thing on my t.v. about a man praying to mystical earth spirits for Obama to win. Did you know Obama had some Idol good luck charm thing in his pocket. is this true? was it Native American or Indian(Hindu)

Elessar

sorry, i saw this thing on my t.v. about a man praying to mystical earth spirits for Obama to win. Did you know Obama had some Idol good luck charm thing in his pocket. is this true? was it Native American or Indian(Hindu)

I know he had a Hindu luck-charm in addition to several others, though I don't remember any of the others specifically. If I recall, there was a lucky poker chip someone gave him, and something an old African American veteran gave him, but I don't remember any more details.

Kcnorwood

He's inspirational, we haven't had that in a long time, and people are excited. We're not stupid.

So you all voted for him because he had a good speech writer? I understand that people didn't want another 4 years of Bush & his crap I didn't either. At the same time seeing that this man popped out of thin air & everyone voted for him came across as very naive. I hope he does some good hell just keeping MCcain out of the office was a start. I think some people voted for him just because they bought into the speeches. He made promises just like the others did but for some reason everyone belived him...

Last edited:

Luminous

non-existential luminary
So you all voted for him because he had a good speech writer? I understand that people didn't want another 4 years of Bush & his crap I didn't either. At the same time seeing that this man popped out of thin air & everyone voted for him came across as very naive. I hope he does some good hell just keeping MCcain out of the office was a start. I think some people voted for him just because they bought into the speeches. He made promises just like the others did but for some reason everyone belived him...
:sarcastic: Hell yeah! you know it!