• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats PRESIDENT Obama

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I have never yet seen anyone quote a prominent Obama supporter who says anything like Obama is the solution to all the world's problems. People are just making it up when they say most or all Obama supporters are nutty enough to think Obama is the solution to all the world's problems. But what I just said isn't going to change anyone's opinion. It's not human nature to change your opinion.

Phil, over half of the Obama supporters could not tell you who the speaker of the house is, you know, three heart beats away from the presidency!

Seriously, the difference between us and the Obama supporters is, we actually wish Barrack Obama well (except Rush). We are going to make fun of his iconic status and popularity, but this pales by comparison to the down right hatred of George W. Bush. Our jabs are good natured and some times warranted.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
We are going to make fun of his iconic status and popularity, but this pales by comparison to the down right hatred of George W. Bush. Our jabs are good natured and some times warranted.

That's good to know, Rick! And I'm glad someone is making good natured jabs at the people in power -- helps to keep them in their place. :)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
-- helps to keep them in their place. :)

LOL, where would this "place" be? Keeping people in their place has racist over tones, does it not?

I'm running off the field again, so bare with me. Question, is good natured ribbing of the President, ("walk on water", etc.) considered racist? Some folks believe that anything said about Barrack in a negative light is racist.

You comments would be appreciated.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
LOL, where would this "place" be? Keeping people in their place has racist over tones, does it not?

I'm running off the field again, so bare with me. Question, is good natured ribbing of the President, ("walk on water", etc.) considered racist? Some folks believe that anything said about Barrack in a negative light is racist.

Politicians of any race need to be put in their place from time to time, don't you think. And, no, I do not believe most criticism of Obama is racist. Maybe 30 years ago it would have been. But nowadays, most folks are a bit more sophisticated than that -- and the one's who aren't are loosers.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Actually, Sunstone, Methyl made some good points about statements that bring out similar feelings to his in many people.
I'm not saying that america ISN'T an influence on the world.

What I'm saying, is that I'm sick of yet another american president fancying himself to be not only the leader of the U.S. but that it somehow makes him leader of the world.

I'm sick of yet another leader of a country fancying his own country to be the bestest and the biggest and the most awesome country in the world.

I'm sick of yet another U.S. president imagining himself to be the "police-chief" of the world.

It's sickening.

I love what Obama represents - a coming together, bridging gaps. But I cannot say I support his statements. So far he's done thoroughly well in disappointing me.
Believe it or not (suddenly one feels like Ripley:)) many Americans feel the same about such statements of the 'bestest' and 'greatest' made by Presidents in the past. One who has friends of other nationalities becomes especially sensitive. President Obama seems to be of a different sort, however, and it might be worthwhile for us to examine the specific statements that disappoint you, Methyl, because such sensitivities can be put into the Obama machinery for reexamination.

His promise to the rest of the world, something to the effect of "To all the other peoples, the governments watching right now, I promise we will lead again" left a rather sour taste in my mouth

Actually, I felt it a rather arrogant statement actually

But maybe I misheard it.
Although some right here in river city (errr, that's the song, right here in the Washington area is meant ) have expressed exactly this sentiment about this very statement, others have given it quite a different meaning; quite the opposite from being arrogant. That statement has been flagged by many in a positive vein. The positive vein is not a 'we are the best and will lead you because we are greater' but more of a 'we will get back to a spirit of decency, ideals, and support to others that we used to have.' If you put it into the context of the full address it can be seen as part of the major shift President Obama brings of spirit in this country back to one that we love - of thinking of our neighbors, of compassion for others, of service, of reaffirming and earning greatness (not greater-ness), etc. Here is the 'lead' statement within the context of its paragraph:

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our founding fathers ... our found fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake. And so to all the other peoples and governments who are watching today, from the grandest capitals to the small village where my father was born: know that America is a friend of each nation and every man, woman, and child who seeks a future of peace and dignity, and that we are ready to lead once more."

It is interesting to note that the Presidential Historian, Pulitzer Prize winning, Doris Goodwin was one who flagged this very 'lead' statement with a positive note while on TV the day after the Address. She said in effect that it was saying that the US was ready to get back to the spirit held in the days of the Marshall Plan, the Peace Corps, and the Teacher's Corp.

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
.... Question, is good natured ribbing of the President, ("walk on water", etc.) considered racist? ....You comments would be appreciated.
Greetings Reverend. Good question, and i have the authentic answer for you. Wanda Sikes (a very funny African-American comedian) was on Jay Leno the night of the Inaugural Address if memory serves me correctly. She asked Jay in good humor when it would be appropriate for 'us comedians' to begin making fun of the President. Jay responded 'oh, I think probably tomorrow morning' (which brought a big laugh from the audience). So, have at it.:) Our comedians have already begun.

Last edited:

Elessar

Of course not. Ribbing the President, or making fun of him, or things he does as President is fine, as long as you do not attack him for things like his name or his race, things that really matter not at all to the presidency. While I will disagree with you often when you rib or make fun of President Obama, I would not consider it racist or bigoted unless it actually were such. Like, if you made fun of the "n****r in the White House", or suddenly started calling it the "Black House", it would be offensive and racist (and, yes, I find people on our side doing the same to be equally offensive), or if you started going, "Hussein is makin' happy to his friends over in the Arab World", it would also be bigoted in itself.

But your unbigoted dissent against President Obama is just as legal, sanctioned and okay as our unbigoted dissent against President Bush.

Though don't expect us to stop being offended at people like Limbaugh, who denounce anyone who dissented against President Bush as "traitors", and that dissent against "the President" as traitors, are suddenly major dissenters against the new President, and are suddenly saying its okay to dissent, now, because its a Democrat, but its not okay to dissent against a Republican. That is offensive.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Where on earth do you get your information from? Everyone knows it is Nancy Pelosi, simple, easy as pie.

Sure for you it is. I would be willing to bet you if you stood outside any mall in America and asked people by the entrance this question, Hillary's name would come up just as much as Nancy's. Actually 1/3 would not even make a guess. We could both make a video. Do we trust each other not to edit it?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Who cares? I didn't vote for her. or the position.
:sarcastic: Wow her name is Nancy. Snap! i should have known that... I would have totally guessed Chelsy Pelosy (catchy enough to get elected)...
And you are right, Most "Americans"(don't have to be real ones[not meaning original ones]) would not know that either. but they still vote. Ofcourse... there is not much prerequisite to vote, much for a good reason as Segregation states used a test to prevent black vote.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Who cares? I didn't vote for her. or the position.
:sarcastic: Wow her name is Nancy. Snap! i should have known that... I would have totally guessed Chelsy Pelosy (catchy enough to get elected)...
And you are right, Most "Americans"(don't have to be real ones[not meaning original ones]) would not know that either. but they still vote. Ofcourse... there is not much prerequisite to vote, much for a good reason as Segregation states used a test to prevent black vote.

So you are in favor of ignorance, or just trying to prove anyone who thinks differently than you is a racist?

Luminous

non-existential luminary
So you are in favor of ignorance, or just trying to prove anyone who thinks differently than you is a racist?
:sorry1: I have no idea why all of a sudden you attack me. it was just an example/reason of why there is no prerequisit to vote. it was not an incinuation of what i thought about you. though i think you are a Muslim Republican whose Mullah is That one Radio guy(yeah i think that guy is "race minded" though a lot of black polititians and black people are too)

ps. ive never cared much for names; if that clears some of your misinterpretations of me. it might me a mental disorder(the names thing) since alot of people seem to care about names but i just call it a "difference" though it kinda is a disability with our current american culture and all.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Phil, over half of the Obama supporters could not tell you who the speaker of the house is, you know, three heart beats away from the presidency!

Seriously, the difference between us and the Obama supporters is, we actually wish Barrack Obama well (except Rush). We are going to make fun of his iconic status and popularity, but this pales by comparison to the down right hatred of George W. Bush. Our jabs are good natured and some times warranted.

The difference is that Obama hasn't even done anything yet to earn the hatred that Bush received. Of course Bush already has 8 years worth of **** ups behind him while Obama still has at least 4 years ahead of him to disappoint us with.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
He's still President. :)
:shrug:: No i'm not... and i've never been.

edit: oh, your talking about revered rick? i dought that is Obama's allias. Though i did hear a certain Revered Rick prayed for all agnostics to die at the inaguation.
ps. i don't really think any of this; though , im not so sure about "reverend rick". :D

~:sarcastic

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
:sorry1: I have no idea why all of a sudden you attack me. it was just an example/reason of why there is no prerequisite to vote. it was not an insinuation of what i thought about you. though i think you are a Muslim Republican whose Mullah is That one Radio guy(yeah i think that guy is "race minded" though a lot of black politicians and black people are too)

PS. Ive never cared much for names; if that clears some of your misinterpretations of me. it might me a mental disorder(the names thing) since alot of people seem to care about names but i just call it a "difference" though it kinda is a disability with our current American culture and all.

OK, lets address this. All I am saying is, people who vote have a personal responsibility to educate themselves on the issues. I would never want to "test them" and yes, there was a time when racism was rampant and blacks where not allowed to vote. We have come a long way as a country, would you not agree?

I did not attack you, but when you say "who cares" that my friend, is condescending.

Muslim Republican? :clap

Seriously, you should read more of my posts. I support the President no matter who is in charge, unlike many folks. I don't choose to be patriotic just when I am happy with who the President is.

I am guessing your reference was to Rush, I don't agree with him. I guess you believe all of us neo-cons are the same right?

PS

I hope you don't mind me correcting your spelling when I quote you.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
OK, lets address this. All I am saying is, people who vote have a personal responsibility to educate themselves on the issues.
People have a responciblity to educate themselfs period. i think speeling tackes away time from learning more important stuffs.:D
I would never want to "test them" and yes, there was a time when racism was rampant and blacks where not allowed to vote. We have come a long way as a country, would you not agree?
:ignore:: sure, whatever...
*not long enought*

I did not attack you, but when you say "who cares" that my friend, is condescending.
Sorry, that was just a personal attack :D; damn that never works to convince people of a stance.
Muslim Republican? :clap
:takeabow:: Thank you, thank you...

Seriously, you should read more of my posts. I support the President no matter who is in charge, unlike many folks. I don't choose to be patriotic just when I am happy with who the President is.
Oh, about this: i really don't care. People are allowed to think radical as long as they don't act radical. (whatever that means)
I am guessing your reference was to Rush, I don't agree with him. I guess you believe all of us neo-cons are the same right?
Yeah, kinda. "Howling Nonprogressives"; but you have just told me that you are a blind servant more fit to live in a kingdom or fascit state(same thing).

PS

I hope you don't mind me correcting your spelling when I quote you.
wow, i hadn't read this part when i said about the spelling :D weird.
nope dont mind; though storm once slaped me arround a little for paraphrasing her words in a quote. the meanig wasn't changed; just changed the words like "you" (when it was directed at another person), into their names.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
"Howling Non Progressives" ???

Enlighten me, just what would you consider progress? Some of us are very happy with our lives and don't consider lowering the bar so everyone else can "catch up" is an improvement on things.

If I am a non progressive would that make you an underachiever?