• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Combining Luciferianism with Kabbalah?

Liu

Additionally, I have the impression that something like gnosis/enlightenment in the traditional sense may simply not have any place in the world view of many chaos magicians, and so they use the word gnosis in a different meaning, as explained in that comic you linked.
I actually recently read a blog post on enlightenment from the perspective of a chaos magician: http://www.thekitescradle.com/illumination-whats-it-for/

Regarding the topic of the thread, it reminds me of a short book called "Kabbala for Satanists" I read quite a while ago. I found it here:
https://web.archive.org/web/2012011...lfire.com/rings/blminnersanctum/lhptexts.html
I however don't know enough about the topic to tell whether it's recommendable or just bull.

DanielR

Thanks for all the responses.

I've just finished reading Thomas Karlssons book on the Qliphot. What an amazing read, but I don't know if the practice and the rituals are for me :(. I'm thinking now of going more into the direction of Christian Cabbala, I hope I'll be able to find something about it.

Thanks for everyone who contributed, you've all been a great help!!

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Thanks for all the responses.

I've just finished reading Thomas Karlssons book on the Qliphot. What an amazing read, but I don't know if the practice and the rituals are for me :(. I'm thinking now of going more into the direction of Christian Cabbala, I hope I'll be able to find something about it.

Thanks for everyone who contributed, you've all been a great help!!

Good luck to you! The mere fact that you looked into this shows the fire within you. You'll always be welcome in this DIR.

DanielR

Thanks 1137!

I was trying to combine the philosophy of Qliphotic Kabbala with Chaos Magic but Chaos Magic seems also very time consuming to me right now. I guess then I'll be a heretic Kabbalist :p.

I'm also not quite sure yet if I want to be deified.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Chaos magick is much more time efficient for most purposes. Whatever symbolic system you use realize it is a convenience not a necessity. Your ritual can be lighting a candle and visualizing an outcome... All of the other trappings are just fetishes -- including the Kabbalah, God Names, and other silliness. People waste a lot of time on these things and they are just completely unnecessary outside of an aesthetic concern.

DanielR

Okay I think I misunderstood what Chaos Magick is exactly lol.

I'm currently reading Liber Null & Psychonaut, very good read so far. I thought it was similar to Buddhist and Hindu meditations but it's not really no?

I think I'm gonna move my questions to the Magic forums! :D

Premium Member
Okay I think I misunderstood what Chaos Magick is exactly lol.

I'm currently reading Liber Null & Psychonaut, very good read so far. I thought it was similar to Buddhist and Hindu meditations but it's not really no?

I think I'm gonna move my questions to the Magic forums! :D

Cool, see you there.

DanielR

I'm starting to wonder if Kabbalah just adds extra baggage to the Luciferian path, maybe it's not necessary ... :p

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I'm starting to wonder if Kabbalah just adds extra baggage to the Luciferian path, maybe it's not necessary ... :p
I don't know about Kabbalah, but I can say that the Qliphoth has greatly helped me to get in touch with some of my Jungian Shadow aspects and understand and resolve them.

Premium Member

It's light bearing, not light sprinting or light playing. There's going to be baggage.

DanielR

I don't know about Kabbalah, but I can say that the Qliphoth has greatly helped me to get in touch with some of my Jungian Shadow aspects and understand and resolve them.

I liked Dragon Rouge and Thomas Karlssons book you recommended very much!

The only way Kabbalah would work with LHP would through the Qliphoth me thinks, or am I wrong, because traditional Kabbalah emphasizes Oneness? Is this true??

I don't know where to continue right now.

Premium Member
I also recommend not getting too invested in and obsessed with the L/RHP dichotomy. It's a much harder habit to break down the line.

agorman

Premium Member
DanielR, I believe you can meditate with the Kabbalah's names of God in Luciferianism, as long as you consider "Yaweh" as to your true self (the star, the individual you are) instead of a Supreme Universal God. But I couldn't practice that very long without feeling an obvious connection with Judaism and without feeling I'm recoursing to the help of an external Yaweh. Also I had a fear of uniting with that external god. But that's just my problem.

According to the OT the name God gave to Moses was actually "I am that I am". That should mean the god of Moses was really his true self; but Moses didn't realize about it.

Liu

DanielR, I believe you can meditate with the Kabbalah's names of God in Luciferianism, as long as you consider "Yaweh" as to your true self (the star, the individual you are) instead of a Supreme Universal God. But I couldn't practice that very long without feeling an obvious connection with Judaism and without feeling I'm recoursing to the help of an external Yaweh. Also I had a fear of uniting with that external god. But that's just my problem.

According to the OT the name God gave to Moses was actually "I am that I am". That should mean the god of Moses was really his true self; but Moses didn't realize about it.
Same here - I haven't really worked with Kabbalah yet, but the same issue is with the godnames used by ceremonial magickians like e.g. Thelemites. Even if they say it's all just symbolic and not really referring to the same entity as the Abrahamic god, and they just use them because the egregore they work with is used to that and it makes the rituals work better, I really wouldn't feel very comfortable using these. Even though the way of re-interpreting it is clear to me.