• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Combining Luciferianism with Kabbalah?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
True, hermetic "qabala" is probably a better route for occultists. However, I disagree with the common, strict LHP interpretation of luciferianism. After all, it requires subservience to and reverence of the Sun.
What exactly do you mean by that?

DanielR

As 1137 already said, you would need to study and understand both. There is also Hermetic Qabalah, so you don't have stick solely with the Jewish version.
I would see your Advaita to be a bigger obstacle to Luciferianism than wanting to study Kabbalah. With Luciferianism, you strive to become an individual, not strive to join with the "One."

I don't want to join with the One anymore, I've met some horrible people in my life, joining with 'them' doesn't sound good to me anymore :). I'm over 'nonduality'.

Thanks for all the info!!

crossfire

Premium Member
Can Qliphotic Kabbalists use Chaos Magic? What do they do exactly?

sorry for such a stupid question!
Yes. Anyone can use chaos magic.

As for what "Qliphotic Kabbalists" do, I can tell you what we do in my Order: you sample the "poison" in order to understand it, resolve the repressed problems, and integrate/individuate it. You shine a light into the darkness (you consciously look into the unconscious mind) and seek to make the darkness (unconscious) conscious.

crossfire

Premium Member
I don't want to join with the One anymore, I've met some horrible people in my life, joining with 'them' doesn't sound good to me anymore :). I'm over 'nonduality'.

"nondual" does not necessarily mean "one." ;)

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
What exactly do you mean by that?

I mean Lucifer correlates to the planet Venus, the morning star and bringer of light. It worships the light of the Sun and brings it to the people, leading in the dawning sun.

There always is duality and nonduality. The ordered universe and chaos are dualistic, whereas the One and the All are nondualistic.

Can Qliphotic Kabbalists use Chaos Magic? What do they do exactly?

sorry for such a stupid question!

Chaos magic can be used by anyone, though I'd recommend only using it in the early stages of creation a system.

Premium Member
It's also important to note that Venus is a planet, not a star, making it part of solar tradition. It is below the sun, part of the solar mechanism that drives most religion and magic. This implies a more rhp, unification view as opposed to a more lhp, stellar interpretation of magic.

crossfire

Premium Member
It's also important to note that Venus is a planet, not a star, making it part of solar tradition. It is below the sun, part of the solar mechanism that drives most religion and magic. This implies a more rhp, unification view as opposed to a more lhp, stellar interpretation of magic.
Like I said earlier, that is highly debatable. ;)

DanielR

Yes. Anyone can use chaos magic.

As for what "Qliphotic Kabbalists" do, I can tell you what we do in my Order: you sample the "poison" in order to understand it, resolve the repressed problems, and integrate/individuate it. You shine a light into the darkness (you consciously look into the unconscious mind) and seek to make the darkness (unconscious) conscious.

that sounds very much like Carl Jung's 'individuation' :D

crossfire

Premium Member
Lucifer being related to the planet of Venus, and the nature of solar verses stellar magic, aren't that debatable.
However, being Luciferian and having to buy into that system is.

DanielR

thanks, I've always been fascinated by Jung's Collective Unconscious and his Archetypes, but I was never able to find out what role afterlife beliefs played with Jung. I always equated Coll. Unconscious with some sort of Brahman but that's probably not correct. Will look into Jung's work as well ;):

Premium Member
However, being Luciferian and having to buy into that system is.

There comes a point, I think, where it's either based around Lucifer and related myths, or not. If not, then it's probably not Luciferianism.

DanielR

I'll ask just here if it is alright, since it's a very short Question! :D

Do I have to possess Gnosis first before I can practice Chaos Magick or is it not necessary, what is Gnosis in a CMagick case?

Why am I asking? I found this cool comic from Occultforums: http://ultraculture.org/blog/2015/01/12/psychonaut-field-manual-cartoon-guide-chaos-magick/

It says you have to have Gnosis first before you can proceed, but isn't this step by itself already difficult enough? To me (until now) Gnosis meant = Enlightenment.

Thanks!!