• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Combining Luciferianism with Kabbalah?

DanielR

Hi,

could one technically combine Luciferianism with Kabbalah? Sometimes Kabbalah is connected to the occult that's why I am asking.

I honestly love Kabbalah but I'm not Jewish so basically I can't practice that according to Judaism (heard that too often already) and I don't really want to convert.

I was inspired to post this topic here by 1137 :p.

thanks, I hope this is not a stupid question, I don't really know much about Luciferianism but I remember reading about people who were Satanists who were practicing Kabbalah.

regards!

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The central figure of Kabbalah, at least in western occultism, is the ten spheres and twenty-two paths of the Tree of Life. This seems to correspond relatively well with parts of jewish mysticism, to my understanding. The tree of life, whether in this form or others (such as including Daath, the Tree of Wyrd, etc), can be adapted to fit pretty much any system, which actually seems to be the main intention. For example, you can use egyptian gods, greek gods, or roman gods. You can use traditional layout or refine them. You can prefer specific paths and spheres over others, and how you interpret their meaning is up to you. The difference between the right and left hand paths here, especially between Judaism and solar occult religions and more ecclectic, stellar religions, is that for the black magician this is just one of many tools available, rather than the central focus.

DanielR

Thanks 1137, with Kabbalah my main interest, my views would probably be more in the vain of Gnosticism (Kabbalah being Jewish Gnosticism).

Thanks for the reply again :)

Premium Member
I've been reflecting on this, and to me the Tree of Life, as known in western esoterica, seems to be a truly solid means for analyzing one's occult progress. I've yet to find a case where you couldn't understand someone's progress based on the tree, though I've certainly never done any study. Interestingly, just today between posts, I helped a friend understand his current experience in the occult based on the tree of life.

DanielR

thanks for the replies crossfire and 1137!

The more I think of it, the more I believe I would fit into Luciferianism, since I'm kind of doing my own version of Kabbalah (being non Jewish) plus I don't really accept some things in Gnosticism.

Now I need to find out where I can learn more about Luciferianism, I'll check out this section.

Hope I'll be able to find something on amazon :p.

Premium Member

The more I think of it, the more I believe I would fit into Luciferianism, since I'm kind of doing my own version of Kabbalah (being non Jewish) plus I don't really accept some things in Gnosticism.

Now I need to find out where I can learn more about Luciferianism, I'll check out this section.

Books on Luciferian philosophy, by definition, fail to describe that philosophy. For example, Ford focuses on a very dark, Zoroastrian view of magic, whereas I always saw Luciferianism as a solar worshiping religion. That's just preference, though.

DanielR

My Luciferian order works with the Qliphoth, so yes, studying Kabbalah can definitely fit into Luciferianism.

Qlipoth are basically the reversal of the Tree of Life right? :p

Would that mean that instead of aiming for Kether I would be aiming for Lilith? (which is supposed to represent Kether in the Sitra Achra).

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

Would that mean that instead of aiming for Kether I would be aiming for Lilith? (which is supposed to represent Kether in the Sitra Achra).
No. Lilith is associated with Gamaliel, which is the Shadow representation of the Sephirah Yesod. Thamiel is the Shadow representation of Kether.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qliphoth

crossfire

Premium Member

You can ask questions here, if you like.

DanielR

Hm, thanks crossfire!

I'm just wondering about the fulflilling of the 613 Mitzvot of Jewish Kabbalah, that doesn't sound very Luciferian imho (too strict and too much dogma), I also just read on an occult forum that focusing on the Qlipoth is more like self-deification while the traditional Jewish Kabbalah (working with the Sephiroth) is the opposite (merging with god etc.). Don't know if that is true though. Aren't Qlipoth evil?

If I wanted to combine Luciferianism with Kabbalah, would I have to strictly concentrate on the Qlipoth? What would be a starting point? I really love Kabbalah but I know I will never become Jewish (I just don't want to convert), I love Jewish culture, the religion is beautiful, the people are amazing, but I have been told already that I should look out for other paths instead, that's basically why I decided to do Advaita.

thanks & regards :D

ps: sorry for my sloppy English!

Premium Member

Lilith never represents Keter, even as Ishtar. Binah at the highest. The qlipoth aren't a reversal of the tree. In one interpretation the are a product of a failed attempt at creation. In another they are the shells of the spheres themselves. To Kenneth Grant and the like they are the Tunnels of Set, a stellar magic companion to the strict solar tree used by modern occultism, residing in Daath, where true magic lays.

Premium Member
Hm, thanks crossfire!

I'm just wondering about the fulflilling of the 613 Mitzvot of Jewish Kabbalah, that doesn't sound very Luciferian imho (too strict and too much dogma), I also just read on an occult forum that focusing on the Qlipoth is more like self-deification while the traditional Jewish Kabbalah (working with the Sephiroth) is the opposite (merging with god etc.). Don't know if that is true though. Aren't Qlipoth evil?

If I wanted to combine Luciferianism with Kabbalah, would I have to strictly concentrate on the Qlipoth? What would be a starting point? I really love Kabbalah but I know I will never become Jewish (I just don't want to convert), I love Jewish culture, the religion is beautiful, the people are amazing, but I have been told already that I should look out for other paths instead, that's basically why I decided to do Advaita.

To me the qlipoth aren't evil as opposed to good, they're simply more advanced magic. You can't understand the qlipoth without first understanding the Tree.

Premium Member
any tips on authors (books) that specifically talk about the Qlipoth? :)

or websites? I'll take anything :p

I'd say just use the internet and look through things. There's not a lot of good material related solely to the qlipoth, mostly pieced together information.

crossfire

Premium Member
Hm, thanks crossfire!

As 1137 already said, you would need to study and understand both. There is also Hermetic Qabalah, so you don't have stick solely with the Jewish version.
I would see your Advaita to be a bigger obstacle to Luciferianism than wanting to study Kabbalah. With Luciferianism, you strive to become an individual, not strive to join with the "One."

Premium Member
As 1137 already said, you would need to study and understand both. There is also Hermetic Qabalah, so you don't have stick solely with the Jewish version.
I would see your Advaita to be a bigger obstacle to Luciferianism than wanting to study Kabbalah. With Luciferianism, you strive to become an individual, not strive to join with the "One."

True, hermetic "qabala" is probably a better route for occultists. However, I disagree with the common, strict LHP interpretation of luciferianism. After all, it requires subservience to and reverence of the Sun.